OFFICIAL Autel Robotics X -Star series of Mutli-Rotor craft. - RC Groups
Jan 17, 2016, 01:23 PM
Cinematographer
New Product

OFFICIAL Autel Robotics X -Star series of Mutli-Rotor craft.

Link to companies website.

http://www.autelrobotics.com/

Youtube page.

Autel Robotics: Meet the X-Star Premium (1 min 45 sec)

Below. Photos with pricing for the X- Star line.

X-Star Go. $599

X-Star $799

X-Star Premium $999.

Those prices were mentioned in the below video.

Autel Robotics Debuts its X Star Series of Quadcopters CES 2016 (2 min 43 sec)
Last edited by Burntpixel; Jan 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2016, 09:56 AM
Cinematographer
Just some more links about and on Autel Robotics.

http://iconosquare.com/autelrobotics

http://www.linkedin.com/company/autel-robotics
Jan 20, 2016, 12:02 PM
Autel Robotics Support
Looks great! I can't wait to see things flying around! A great product from a great company!
Jan 20, 2016, 01:59 PM
Cinematographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autelrobotics
Looks great! I can't wait to see things flying around! A great product from a great company!
Any news as to when they will be made available? Here is a YT recap video from the 2016 GES convention.

Autel Robotics: Looking Back at CES 2016 (1 min 34 sec)
Jan 20, 2016, 03:03 PM
Cinematographer
More videos from Autel Robotics.

X Star Premium Kayaking (2 min 27 sec)

X Star in Arizona (0 min 57 sec)

AIR feat. Karlie Thoma (2 min 35 sec)
Last edited by Burntpixel; Jan 22, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
Jan 21, 2016, 11:17 AM
Cinematographer
Here is a link to the Autel X-Star forums page. Not much activity there at this time,but information is being updated daily.

http://support.autelrobotics.com/support/discussions
Jan 21, 2016, 11:38 PM
The X-star was "launched" back in January 2015 but went AWOL straight away.
The company's website has been fossilized all of 2015.
A couple of review machines got out in the 2nd half of the year but no reports except that the machines can fly.
I'm interested to see if these really have been released now and if they offer anything more than the Phantom 2 clone that their specs suggest.
Jan 22, 2016, 10:09 AM
Cinematographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4
The X-star was "launched" back in January 2015 but went AWOL straight away.
The company's website has been fossilized all of 2015.
A couple of review machines got out in the 2nd half of the year but no reports except that the machines can fly.
I'm interested to see if these really have been released now and if they offer anything more than the Phantom 2 clone that their specs suggest.
It is to my understanding X-Star will be available for purchase @ both B&H Photo and Amazon beginning the first week of March.
Jan 22, 2016, 12:02 PM
Autel Robotics Support
Interesting article that talks a little bit about us. We didn't recreate the wheel but we are perfecting it. http://skylabflightsystems.com/blog-...an-impression/
Last edited by Autelrobotics; Feb 04, 2016 at 03:47 PM.
Jan 22, 2016, 12:32 PM
Cinematographer
I did not know Autel Robotics Co.,Ltd was a subsidiary of Autel Intelligent Technology Co.,Ltd.

Quote:
Autel Robotics Co., Ltd is a subsidiary of Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd, a company known for producing award winning diagnostic equipment. Autel is an industry leader in automotive diagnostic tools. Seeing the explosive growth of the drone market worldwide, Autel founded Autel Robotics in 2014, whose main goal was to research and develop drones in the aerial photography and other industries.

Before continuing on, it is important to note that Autelís reported sales revenue in 2014 were $ 60 million. While Autel is successful in the automotive diagnostic industry, that does not guarantee success in the drone industry. However, having that amount of money on hand DOES allow for significant research and development by Autel Robotics."]Autel Robotics Co., Ltd is a subsidiary of Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd, a company known for producing award winning diagnostic equipment.

Autel is an industry leader in automotive diagnostic tools. Seeing the explosive growth of the drone market worldwide, Autel founded Autel Robotics in 2014, whose main goal was to research and develop drones in the aerial photography and other industries.

Before continuing on, it is important to note that Autelís reported sales revenue in 2014 were $ 60 million. While Autel is successful in the automotive diagnostic industry, that does not guarantee success in the drone industry. However, having that amount of money on hand DOES allow for significant research and development by Autel Robotics
Jan 23, 2016, 11:45 AM
Cinematographer
Here are several videos of what looks like beta testers flying the X-Star Go with GoPro camera and X-Star with the Autel camera onboard.

I do not know what camera settings these testers were using,so cannot comment on the image quailty. What I do see is a pretty steady craft/gimbal combination while in flight.

The first two videos look like the X-Star with Autel camera and the last two with the GoPro camera onboard.

X Star 3 Cam Follow Me (2 min 38 sec)

X Star 3 Cam (4 min 57 sec)

Autel Robotics X-Star Go Sunrise Flight - 7/23/2015 (5 min 31 sec)

Raw Footage of X-Star 3 filmed by another X-Star 3 (11 min 38 sec)
Jan 23, 2016, 12:39 PM
Critic at Large
I like the idea of a good GoPro drone at a low price.
However, the entire drone market is MUCH more difficult to crack than it seems. A 60 million dollar a year company does less biz then DJI does in a month.

The only way, IMHO, to succeed in the consumer drone space is to find niches such as the GoPro X-Star and work those hard while perhaps trying to come up with something new and different elsewhere.

As the 3DR CEO recently noted, he cannot compete....that was a hard lesson learned with 120 million of other people's money.

We are still in the period where what Forbes wrote in their Frank Wang interviews holds true - it may end someday, but not this year. Here are the statements I am referring to:

“I believe this industry…will (sic) become low-margin… But that all depends on DJI’s pace. If DJI wants the industry to be low-margin, it will be low-margin. We must be extremely aggressive going forward.”
Not much wiggle room in there!

“Our goal is to maintain 100% growth in sales in the next two years… If we can do that, I believe we will have 90% of the market.
Again, that leaves only 10% for the combined other players in the drone biz!

This is not bluster since it has proven largely true.

I wish every company success - and as I said, there are ways to work around DJI and perhaps do a nice (20-50 million per year) business. But it's not easy and it's not going to be inexpensive.

In the end it's not going to be just a matter of how much money a company has - but how much time (in years) they are willing to fight for a piece of the pie.
Jan 23, 2016, 12:53 PM
Cinematographer
I do worry a bit about GoPro's health within the market place and how that may affect GoPro camera based multi-rotor manufacturers. Only time will tell. Autel appears to be making one craft for those who currently either own a GoPro or are familiar with that brand camera.

I am far more interested in the X-Star and X-Star Premium @ the pricing currently offered. First week on March is the projected release date,so hopefully we will have early adopters giving all of us their real world in the field user feedback.