Jan 27, 2002, 12:23 AM
Thread OP

HELP ME!!!< I think I'm getting addicted to cutting foam!!!

It all started innocently enough....All I wanted to be able to do was to cut my own Zagi type wings. I decided to try and build my own Feathercut setup to save some dough. Well heck, I don't own a drill so I guess I'll have to buy one, A new rechargeable one would be nice Cha Ching $60. Hmmm all this cutting wood down with a hand saw sure is a pain in the neck...That small band saw sure looks nice, Cha Ching, $105. Misc nut, bolts , cables , Battery charger for power, conduit to make a bow Insunal wire...$100

Suddenly the $169 for the Feathercut doesn't sound all that bad.

All that aside, I finally got some templates made up and got a Thge chance to cut some wings..Hmmm 2 good ones out of 5 isn't bad is it?

The problem is that I'm really starting to like the smell of the foam burning, the sizzleing noise, the thrill of actually making something up that I used to have to pay somebody else to do. I have taken to spending long hours in the garage, the wife is not so happy.

Is there some kind of treatment I can seek? Or am I doomed to become a closet foam cutting addict. Any Foamie support groups out there? ---Rob
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2002, 12:37 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
Abandon all hope lol ..Vyceroy
May 25, 2009, 04:42 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
uhh, start into boats, theres no foam in boats, and no, you ccan't make a foam boat so don't try
May 25, 2009, 05:27 PM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
I suggest you seek a professional therapist
May 25, 2009, 06:59 PM
Guys... this thread is from 2002! Much has changed in such a short time.
May 27, 2009, 09:57 AM
kob, does everything ahve to be perfect, cm'on, have some fun
Feb 19, 2011, 10:13 PM
cq cq de kr4is
ahhhh the smell of melting foam in the morning ,,smells like wings
Feb 21, 2011, 01:58 PM
smells like thermals and burned esc's

Quick Reply