This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 16, 2016, 11:20 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Getting close...

The A2826-M 1100Kv motor and stick mount from the Gorilla Bob's store at the AMA expo are ready to rock at the front of the little Thunder Tiger Bearcat foamie. The motor, mount and my temporary 40A ESC are in place, I've installed a receiver and once I do up the control throws and expo and install the 8x6E APC prop, I'm ready.

I've spent a bit more money on it than I might have otherwise done, but the initial tests with brushless power were very encouraging.

The wing is very stiff, but it isn't reinforced. Once I'm satisfied that it flies well, I'll run a carbon fiber spar underneath.

Once this little project is complete, I want to finish up a project which has long been dormant. It's a kit built Great Planes .46 Ultimate biplane given to me a few years ago. I blogged about it at the time. It was done as an electric, suffered slight damage in a crash and the owner gave it to a friend of mine who gave it to me. The airframe has long since been repaired, but no power or electronics are installed.

This brings up some interesting possibilities. I can either use the O.S. or K&B engines I have in mind or follow suit and go electric.

Time and funds shall tell.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply