View Poll Results: Would you like this in a kit?
Fully manufactured ordered from website 135 87.10%
Short kit through PM( Vacuum formed parts, window markings, and 3d printed hardware. Cut your own foam and wings.) 25 16.13%
Open source plans and file download- DIY thermo form, 3d print, hotwire foam cut, laser or hand cut parts 6 3.87%
No kit 1 0.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 29, 2016, 12:26 PM
Augermeister
Love to have a Mad Dog 80 !

Nice work on these.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2016, 07:55 PM
Airliner Builder
That is awesome news! A micro 757 sounds sick
Dec 02, 2016, 01:56 AM
Very well done. I haven't been on the site for a month and it looks like I've missed the cut off for DC10 pre-orders. Put me on the list for the next batch though...
Dec 02, 2016, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt737
Very well done. I haven't been on the site for a month and it looks like I've missed the cut off for DC10 pre-orders. Put me on the list for the next batch though...
Very good. Which outfit (airline) will you choose ?

Rudi
Dec 02, 2016, 06:23 AM
Air NZ. Assuming it's not an option currently I'm sure I can get something for Callie to work with
Dec 06, 2016, 10:54 PM
Designer at Heavymetalrc.com
Thread OP
Workin' hard gentleman. Just been organizing the work flow the past couple of days. New machines, new and better ways to do things. Fans are installed and screaming on the 319 prototype... a few more odds and ends, and then we'll be ready to do a video and ship her to the awaiting parties (given a successful hop). The designs are being carried over to the DC-10. I'm also very excited to announce that I will be moving to a designated work space next weekend. That will be nice.. geez. So I can't say exactly when the video is going to drop, but I'm doin' my darndest to reach that moment, and get these sent to those who have ordered, hopefully by xmas. Cheers
Dec 06, 2016, 11:08 PM
Augermeister
Wish you could use 50mm 12bladers. That would be the bomb
Dec 07, 2016, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalejet757
Workin' hard gentleman. Just been organizing the work flow the past couple of days. New machines, new and better ways to do things. Fans are installed and screaming on the 319 prototype... a few more odds and ends, and then we'll be ready to do a video and ship her to the awaiting parties (given a successful hop). The designs are being carried over to the DC-10. I'm also very excited to announce that I will be moving to a designated work space next weekend. That will be nice.. geez. So I can't say exactly when the video is going to drop, but I'm doin' my darndest to reach that moment, and get these sent to those who have ordered, hopefully by xmas. Cheers
Hi Broc,

saw the video and the micro edf's fascinated me. So
Please post some pictures from the new lab. when it is ready. Like to see where this little beauties will be made
Can not remember when I was last so excited about Christmas

Cheers

Rudi
Dec 07, 2016, 04:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
Wish you could use 50mm 12bladers. That would be the bomb
I Agreeeee! That may not be a "wish" here in the near future! I need to convert the DC-10 to EDF shortly, and I am looking at that. 12 bladers are SOOOO sweet sounding. The added bonus of having weight forward rather than aft will be refreshing too. And just while I'm at it- I have done extensive research and testing to get the lightest and cheapest Rx system in these airplanes possible. For example; the YEP 7A esc's are the lightest possible ESC you can get, however, they are opto. So to run the entire system with flaps, retracts etc., we will need a BEC that can handle at least 3 amps, but not be so heavy as to defeat the purpose of having the .7 gram esc's. Well, I dug up some quad copter BEC's that are SUPER TINY (1 gram) but handle the load. Got em' in and wired them up to the best of my knowledge, and .. AB.. SO.. LUTELY .. they do the trick. There are two units on the market that work, and they cost about 3 bucks each. With out tooting the horn, were talking about the lightest twin edf system I've seen yet for an airliner with flaps, retracts, blah blah blah. And can handle up to 7amps mind you! I imagine a pair of 50mm 12 bladers are going to blow past 7 amps, but for the super micro system we are in the green. Sorry for the extra barfing added to your comment. BTW.. a mad dog is ALSO a must, and I look forward.

Rudi, I will indeed get you pics and some video. It's just a spare room in a house that Cortney and I are moving into, but that's more than I've had in a while, Since before I was serious about this. But it's enough now to do what I need. I should actually combine and compare my work spaces in a video showing what I've been thru as far as that goes. haha. The walk-in closet was my favorite, believe it or not. Got some videos of that. But I have been fighting with myself to begin doing video updates for the youtube channel. I'm a bit shy and introverted on camera, nothing like demondriver , but I feel like that needs to start happening. Give a little more transparency to the operation. Video updates once per week. Soon.
Dec 09, 2016, 11:16 AM
747-400
Nice work my good man!
Dec 09, 2016, 03:55 PM
Thread OP
"W".. I've missed you my friend. It's been years.. Very Very impressed with your work man. You have unmatched talent.
Dec 09, 2016, 04:44 PM
Augermeister
Thanks,
Keep up the great work! I suspect the added wing loading induced by the heavier 50mm edf's will be quickly overcome by the increase in power. With the correct power, you can make a brick fly. Lol. Suspect twin 40 amp esc's would do the trick on 3S or for that matter, 4S.

Would the third motor mounted on the v-stab on the DC-10 be a dummy? Maybe use the inlet for added internal cooling of the esc's ?

Subscribed with high interest!

Hawk
Dec 11, 2016, 05:04 PM
Thread OP
Wow, what a good idea! Use engine 2 as a cooling duct! If the esc's from a 40mm 12 bladed unit need good cooling on this frame, then I will look at that.

So with all the excitement around here of getting the new machines working, building shop tables, getting ready to move, it has slowed the 319 promo process slightly, not a ton, but slightly. Meanwhile getting the dc-10 moulds repaired, updated, and creating reducing plates custom for them on the vac former as well. Burnin' the midnight oil around here
Dec 12, 2016, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalejet757
Wow, what a good idea! Use engine 2 as a cooling duct! If the esc's from a 40mm 12 bladed unit need good cooling on this frame, then I will look at that.

So with all the excitement around here of getting the new machines working, building shop tables, getting ready to move, it has slowed the 319 promo process slightly, not a ton, but slightly. Meanwhile getting the dc-10 moulds repaired, updated, and creating reducing plates custom for them on the vac former as well. Burnin' the midnight oil around here

best

Rudi
Dec 28, 2016, 03:52 AM
Thread OP
New years Resolution??? ALWAYS remember the "3 times rule". 3 times harder and 3 times slower than anticipated. I would also like to make some conscious efforts not to over promise and under deliver. It's easy to think like you're superman when excited about beginning a job.

SO a lot of you wouldn't know that I lost a heater in my vac former a while back, and had to email all of my customers individually to give them the down low. The timing was pretty bad there.. losing a crucial component to the entire process, not long after losing the CPU to the 3d printer. Both forced me down for WEEKS. Granted, the heater was about 5 years old and quartz tubes only live so many hours. I must have HUNDREDS on that poor thing. So I thank it for it's service, and welcome the new heater with much hope that it will do the same. The heater arrived 5 days late from amazon.. right when Cortney and I were moving into our new place, which took a damn week... then as soon as I could stand up Christmas hit like an 18 wheeler from the side. The timing. Shoulda seen it coming.

But, let's begin a new chapter with this post and start fresh. The new shop is GREAT.. and no it's not an actual garage like I was hoping for, but it is SO COZY compared to previous work spaces. No complaints here. While I was waiting for the heater I had a little time to do some old fashioned vac forms from the kitchen oven here, to get some of the A319 shells finished up with the new batch of plastic I bought for kits. The spare time also allowed for a couple of design changes and upgrades to the body. wink wink. I can't believe how long I have been trying to just SHOW you guys this thing.. let alone fly it. Were gettin' there. Please bare with me. I remain dedicated, and the DC-10 is building for a FANTASTIC come back. The new set of machines are a Godsend and make life very easy.. working hard to get the circuit going in here. More to come Gentleman hang tight

Quick Reply