May 05, 2016, 08:29 PM
Just finished my case today. Only had the decks. Added the USB and voltmeter on my own. Threw some lights in underneath and put on some serious air moving fans that sound like a jet lol.
Has to add a ferrite ring to the comm cable of the BC after it was installed. Didn't order the jig (didn't see it on the site at the time) but carefully marked the holes and everything came out great.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2016, 07:48 AM
Du doch nicht!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorvald
However now we need some nice clean design for the lid to hold all the "little bits" such as charge cables, Deans Adapters, balance cables, etc. l.
I just attached a plastic container box to my lid with velcro. I tried to find a black one but couldn't.
Jun 16, 2016, 10:34 AM
Thread OP
Just a heads-up that our backlog from April/May has finally cleared, and lead times for complete charger cases is now 1-2 weeks and parts (including custom CNC work) is now 5-7 days.
So if you've been waiting to order due to lead times, now would be a good time.
Jan 17, 2017, 10:47 PM
Thread OP
Well, BumpCharger.com is coming up on it's 1st birthday and it's time to celebrate with some cool new stuff !!!

We're really excited to annouce 3 new case designs targeting the lower-end of the power spectrum and optimized for the FPV racer and small-scale flyer.
http://www.bumpcharger.com/shop.html...=0&sort=normal

Many of the most-commonly requested features (like AC power switch, USB chargers, and 12v out) are now standard features on the new cases and prices start as low as $675 for a complete Bump-enabled setup.

We are also rolling out new options on the original BumpCharger cases, including a new Base Mounting Plate system that makes it much faster and easier to build your case.

Take a look and give us your feedback. If you know of buddies in the market for a case, please have them check out our options - we believe our features and prices can't be beat !!

Name: 20170115_110253.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 554.9 KB
Description:

Name: 20170115_110323.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 593.1 KB
Description:

Name: 20170116_192622.jpg
Views: 101
Size: 1.08 MB
Description:

Name: 20170117_110900.jpg
Views: 57
Size: 781.0 KB
Description:

Name: 20170117_195920.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 407.0 KB
Description:
Jan 18, 2017, 03:52 AM
Those look great Kelly. I happy to see you guys are doing well, I had to step away from the R/C thing a while due to things at home. Glad to see my gear didn't get outdated yet.
Feb 01, 2017, 09:11 AM

Bumpcharger.com to be featured in Model Aviation

I've been working on assembling a Bumpcharger.com case/setup to house my two PL8's and will be featuring the build in the June issue of Model Aviation. It may be that it will also be in August issue as there is so much to cover, one column may not be enough.

I will say it's the best charger setup I've seen anywhere and the support has been great when I've had questions, etc. It certainly isn't inexpensive to put a system like this together, but I've accumulated the chargers over time so it wasn't an all at once expense. It would also be possible to do one with one charger and upgrade the deck at a later date should you add a second one.

I know I will get some feedback regarding the cost of the system, but when compared to comparable setups, it's in line. I am absolutely sold on doing it this way as it protects expensive equipment, provides great power, and makes it transportable. I'm still adding little tweaks and accessories. It's great because it's so customizable and the parts you can order thru Bumpcharger.com aren't marked up. I looked for cheaper parts a couple times and ended up getting them from Bumpcharger.com instead. Plus, they've already figured out what works well. There are a ton of details in the design of these cases.
Feb 04, 2017, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Gimlick
I've been working on assembling a Bumpcharger.com case/setup to house my two PL8's and will be featuring the build in the June issue of Model Aviation. It may be that it will also be in August issue as there is so much to cover, one column may not be enough.

I will say it's the best charger setup I've seen anywhere and the support has been great when I've had questions, etc. It certainly isn't inexpensive to put a system like this together, but I've accumulated the chargers over time so it wasn't an all at once expense. It would also be possible to do one with one charger and upgrade the deck at a later date should you add a second one.

I know I will get some feedback regarding the cost of the system, but when compared to comparable setups, it's in line. I am absolutely sold on doing it this way as it protects expensive equipment, provides great power, and makes it transportable. I'm still adding little tweaks and accessories. It's great because it's so customizable and the parts you can order thru Bumpcharger.com aren't marked up. I looked for cheaper parts a couple times and ended up getting them from Bumpcharger.com instead. Plus, they've already figured out what works well. There are a ton of details in the design of these cases.
Thanks, Greg. Glad to hear the build is going well.

The new base mounting plate definitely takes the guesswork out of getting everything positioned properly to get a good fit. Things get pretty tight in those cases, but you end up with the most compact setup around.
Feb 04, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Glad to hear the build is going well.
Yup, all is going fine and this morning I got the Bluetooth on my Samsung tablet talking happily to the Bump controller. That's a nice feature to have working.

Quote:
The new base mounting plate definitely takes the guesswork out of getting everything positioned properly
Absolutely and it's nice that if you were to change chargers in the future, the spots to mount it are already there. Very versatile.

Quote:
Things get pretty tight in those cases, but you end up with the most compact setup around.
Tight is right :-) I thought I might want the chargers moved toward the front of the case a bit, but when I looked closely at doing that, it was clear that would interfere with something else. This is planned out to a tee.

I'll finish it up this week now that the bracket is here for the EC5 connection. I'm adding another Anderson PowerPole connection too for some other accessories I power.
Feb 13, 2017, 10:04 AM
In search of speed......
My little Box, made from a CD DJ box and BUMPCHARGER top panel modified a little....Its Holding a Meanwell 2000-48v, Revo DPL8, Bump Controller with 2x FMA Parallel Board....a USB dual Plugs, for a Android which I hope to replace soon with one 8" iPad...hook-up to 48-12v DC Converter and 4 60mm Fans 2 on each side.....pulling pushing hit with the Meanwell.
Feb 13, 2017, 10:20 AM
Nice job on the build.

I finished up my box last week and this weekend I gave it the real test by charging six 6S 5000 packs and four 5S 5000 packs at the same time. The Samsung tablet worked like a champ using the bluetooth connection so I was able to work at the bench while monitoring the chargers across the room

I also had to have a little fun with a friend of mine who commented the only thing missing was a disco ball. I thought that was an easy problem to solve :-)
Bumpcharger Project (0 min 26 sec)

The total build will be covered in the June and August issues of Model Aviation
Feb 14, 2017, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Nice work, Greg !!
Certain to inspire some Bump envy at the field
Jun 05, 2018, 03:55 PM
I just recently found this thread and was seriously impressed by the attention to detail this company seemed to put into everything. I wanted to order the parts and get one set up for myself, I was able to order the base mounting plate and it was shipped to me a day or so ago. But unfortunately it seems like that may have been the last thing they had in stock, the site now says that the store is permanently closed... very sad.. I was really looking forward to getting the top deck done with my custom wording up top.. does anyone know of a new place to get something like this done with the same quality? Or did someone take over from them? Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated..
Jun 06, 2018, 01:04 PM
I would recommend Joe Cashwell at Rotorcraft RC.

http://www.rotorcraftrc.com/
Jun 06, 2018, 04:12 PM
Thanks, I did call them today, but unfortunately they don't have the measurements or anything set up in their software to do it.. and it would be about 125.00 an hour to plan one out. Hopefully someone else out there can do it.
Jul 29, 2019, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Folks,

It's been a while, but just wanted to let everyone know that bumpcharger.com is back online with a more limited assortment of charger cases and components. Since we're only building as free time permits, we are no longer building complete cases to customer order, but we will continue to offer CNC parts for RIGID cases, as well as some pre-built ready-to-ship cases (again, as time permits).
Check out the pre-built cases at the following link - whatever seems to sell most is what we will build next time:
https://store7783302.ecwid.com/Ready...ases-c36279019

Quick Reply