Thread Tools
Jan 15, 2016, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Introducing BumpCharger.com


We received so much interest and positive feedback from my BumpController-based RIDGID charger case setup (and stackable mobile storage), that we decided to start a small family business to meet the need ....

http://bumpcharger.com

Our mission is to offer practical, affordable charger setups and I think you'll see that reflected in the features and pricing. Our overhead and margins are very low - this business is about promoting Revolectrix products and teaching my 3 sons valuable skills and life lessons, not about making money.

I will be overseeing all aspects of engineering and running the business side, but the majority of the CNC/design and build labor will be provided by my sons ... who are becoming experienced builders, but luckily still work at teenage rates :^)

As you might imagine, we are only designing cases for Revolectrix products, and more specifically, using the BumpController as the user interface.

We will do custom design and CNC work if it falls into the realm of installing Revolectrix products into these RIDGID cases, but that's all we can handle, at least for now.

I'm honestly a little concerned about getting overwhelmed with orders and questions and being able to keep up with demand, so any general discussion here on this thread would be great, but if you are interested in a charger setup and have specific design questions, please use the CONTACT US link on the website to make sure we can keep track of the conversations.

Thanks for giving us a look - my boys are really excited to get started.
-RevoKelly
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2016, 09:07 AM
Registered User

Empty RIDGID Case option


Just a heads-up that I added an empty charger case option to the website. We had a couple guys who wanted to use there own electronics (power supplies, accessories, jacks, wiring) but didn't want to hassle of finishing out the lid area for storage, or drilling the Deck mounts.
Feb 11, 2016, 11:59 PM
Registered User
I'll be looking into one of these in the future Kelly. I've seen a lot of chargers cases, and these are by far the coolest I've seen that weren't one-off customs.

Out of curiosity, if I wanted a clear top deck, would that be possible?
Feb 12, 2016, 06:50 AM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
Kelly, just wanted to say Thank you. I am one of those guys that already had stuff I wanted to put into the case, and when I saw your deck only option, I jumped for it. I actually bought a second blank deck in case I messed up with the first one- I was looking for a winter project I am very pleased with how my case is coming together.
Feb 13, 2016, 11:55 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclenut View Post
Kelly, just wanted to say Thank you. I am one of those guys that already had stuff I wanted to put into the case, and when I saw your deck only option, I jumped for it. I actually bought a second blank deck in case I messed up with the first one- I was looking for a winter project I am very pleased with how my case is coming together.
Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to seeing a couple pics when you get it done.
Feb 13, 2016, 12:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedak View Post
I'll be looking into one of these in the future Kelly. I've seen a lot of chargers cases, and these are by far the coolest I've seen that weren't one-off customs.

Out of curiosity, if I wanted a clear top deck, would that be possible?
I personally don't like the acrylic or lexan (polycarb) decks because they show scratches ... maybe I'm just to anal to appreciate the imperfections
However, there's no reason we can't cut from that material if you'd like. Just use the contact page on the website to submit a request and we'll go from there.
I have a high-grade transparent red cast acrylic that I think would look awesome, but just haven't taken the time to try it. It's a little pricier than the ABS but that would look really cool, especially with under deck lighting.
Lexan (polycarb) is more flexible/durable but also scratches easier than acrylic so keep that in mind. Cast acrylic tends to be stiffer, harder, and cut cleaner than extruded acrylic, so that would be my first choice.
Feb 13, 2016, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
I personally don't like the acrylic or lexan (polycarb) decks because they show scratches ... maybe I'm just to anal to appreciate the imperfections
However, there's no reason we can't cut from that material if you'd like. Just use the contact page on the website to submit a request and we'll go from there.
I have a high-grade transparent red cast acrylic that I think would look awesome, but just haven't taken the time to try it. It's a little pricier than the ABS but that would look really cool, especially with under deck lighting.
Lexan (polycarb) is more flexible/durable but also scratches easier than acrylic so keep that in mind. Cast acrylic tends to be stiffer, harder, and cut cleaner than extruded acrylic, so that would be my first choice.
That sounds good too! I ordered the DPL, two MPA's, Bump Controller, and a few other goodies. So much for staying under $200 for a new charger.

While I don't regret the purchase, I didn't think I'd be spending my tax so quickly. haha

More or less, I'm one of the few that enjoys seeing wiring on things, thus the curiosity for a clear lid. Doesn't acrylic come in clear as well?

I checked out the Rigid boxes yesterday, boy are they super nice! Glad you guys use those, I'd much prefer those over a thin aluminum flight box. It's like a step below Pelikan cases at a 80% smaller price tag.
Feb 13, 2016, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedak View Post
That sounds good too! I ordered the DPL, two MPA's, Bump Controller, and a few other goodies. So much for staying under $200 for a new charger.

While I don't regret the purchase, I didn't think I'd be spending my tax so quickly. haha

More or less, I'm one of the few that enjoys seeing wiring on things, thus the curiosity for a clear lid. Doesn't acrylic come in clear as well?

I checked out the Rigid boxes yesterday, boy are they super nice! Glad you guys use those, I'd much prefer those over a thin aluminum flight box. It's like a step below Pelikan cases at a 80% smaller price tag.
Yes, clear acrylic is readily available too.
Feb 13, 2016, 10:10 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455422527.054297.jpg
Views: 108
Size: 343.8 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455422550.607022.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 284.9 KB
Description:

So have my case finished.. Due to the way my bullets are soldered on to the power supplies, they wouldn't fit running front to back, so they are side to side. I wanted to have the batteries not resting on the case in case one goes up during a charge cycle, and while I have seen some clever setups with the balance connector and charge jacks coming out of the front under the handle.. I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle that, so I settled on having the Chargers raised above the deck. With standard length leads the balance boards rest flat in front of the case. I wasn't planning on getting the bump controller..., but figured, what the heck.. And it is awesome. I charged two life rec packs tonight just to put it through its paces, and everything worked great. I can't wait till the android app is released!
Feb 14, 2016, 10:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclenut View Post
Attachment 8703631Attachment 8703632

So have my case finished.. Due to the way my bullets are soldered on to the power supplies, they wouldn't fit running front to back, so they are side to side. I wanted to have the batteries not resting on the case in case one goes up during a charge cycle, and while I have seen some clever setups with the balance connector and charge jacks coming out of the front under the handle.. I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle that, so I settled on having the Chargers raised above the deck. With standard length leads the balance boards rest flat in front of the case. I wasn't planning on getting the bump controller..., but figured, what the heck.. And it is awesome. I charged two life rec packs tonight just to put it through its paces, and everything worked great. I can't wait till the android app is released!
Case looks great - that's some serious ventilation !!
Glad you're liking the Bump - this is the just the start .... we've got lots more cool features in the plans ...
Feb 14, 2016, 11:42 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
A bit much?
Feb 15, 2016, 01:06 PM
Du doch nicht!
co_gts's Avatar
Those are actually ducted turbine fans that generate enough thrust that the case can hover at a rock steady 4 ft elevation thanks to the onboard GPS and IMU stability systems.

I think it looks sharp, well done.
Feb 15, 2016, 01:46 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
Thx co_gts.. actually running it in the garage yesterday, ~50f inside the garage, the exhaust fans on the left were making me cold.. I am now toying with the idea of a fan controller to control their speed. Noise wise, they are pretty quiet.
Apr 30, 2016, 01:55 PM
Registered User
RadioControlled's Avatar
Who is in charge of the site and orders? Same people from revoletrix?
May 05, 2016, 06:36 AM
Registered User
Just another plug for Kelly's case, I'm loving mine (ordered deck and bits and assembled myself). However now we need some nice clean design for the lid to hold all the "little bits" such as charge cables, Deans Adapters, balance cables, etc. I want something more enclosed than the strap method Kelly is currently using so my lid is still empty till I come up with something.

If anyone is ordering, grab the drilling jig as well, it's cheap and works great. You also end up with spare right angle mounts from the jig in case you have a warmed Home Depot case like mine lol.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Introducing Dronetrotter.com Dronetrotter.com Aerial Photography 2 Sep 09, 2014 09:22 AM
Discussion UNBOXING + INTRODUCING + FOOTAGE PHANTOM 2 VISION PLUS by 1UAS.com thangchelsea Multirotor Drone Talk 5 Apr 20, 2014 06:06 PM
Discussion Introducing IntelligentUAS - Sneak a peak with the Best UAS Provider - 1UAS.com thangchelsea Multirotor Drone Talk 3 Apr 07, 2014 12:50 PM
New Product GWSProps.com Introduces New Foamy X Cell Delta Wing aero007 Product Announcements 0 Jan 24, 2014 05:16 PM
Introducing Fully Complete CNC ZOOM/SHOGUN Ass'y from MicroHeli.com -mH Mini Helis 31 Dec 28, 2004 09:27 PM