Jan 15, 2016, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Traxxas Blast *All stock* won't run?

My boat won't run! That's about it I've been running on a venom 5000 MAH battery and one day it decided not too run, it had a little crash with a underwater tree branch, nothing crazy, then a day later it had a lot of shake so I reved it for a few minutes *out of water* and then it just, stopped? *My boat warranty had gotten destroyed from a water leak we had over here*, thanks guys
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2016, 11:04 PM
Electric RC Addict
Sounds like the motor took a dump on you. Depending on how long you've had the boat, you might be able to contact Traxxas and have them send you a new motor.

The Stinger motor in this boat is not what I'd call reliable. I had my Blast for about 4 months before the motor died. A friend of mine went through 3, yes, 3 Stinger motors in the same time period.

These motors run HOT even with the water cooling coil. I think that is the reason why they don't last very long.

I actually put a Titan 12T 550 motor in my Blast which works well but this also requires an ESC upgrade. I also had to move the battery tray forward as the motor is a bit longer. The Traxxas XL-5 is perfect, plus you get reverse too and the current ones are also 2S lipo compatible.

Hope this helps.
Jan 16, 2016, 04:21 AM
Alternatively, you could try the HPI Firebolt 15T motor. I've had experience with both that and the Titan 550 and I found the Firebolt to be a more reliable motor. This was in a car mind you, but I would imagine it wouldn't be too far different in a boat application.
Jan 16, 2016, 04:32 AM
Is the venom battery lipo or nimh? A 5000 mah lipo will easily burn out a brushed motor, you probably had run times exceeding 10 minutes which is hard on a brushed motor to push a boat around.
Jan 16, 2016, 08:31 PM
Electric RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
Is the venom battery lipo or nimh? A 5000 mah lipo will easily burn out a brushed motor, you probably had run times exceeding 10 minutes which is hard on a brushed motor to push a boat around.
I would hope it would be a NiMh battery he is using as the stock Nautica ESC in this boat does NOT have a LVC for lipo batteries.

I do agree about 5,000 mAh (either lipo or NiMh) being too much run time. The largest battery I ran in mine was a 3,300 mAh NiMh pack and that was more than enough run time for me.

The stock battery that comes with the boat is a 3,000 mAh pack and works well.
Jan 16, 2016, 08:57 PM
If it is a lipo could be the battery is dead lol and probably the motor in that case as well lol

Quick Reply