FS-i6 firmware update issues - RC Groups
Jan 15, 2016, 04:40 AM
Careful!

FS-i6 firmware update issues

i recently bought my first transmitter the FS-i6..

and because im a noob i thought that a firmware update on the tx would correspond to updating your iphone or something like that

so i downloaded the newest firmware update i could find and flashed it.. this has resulted in my transmitter ONLY being able to use the novaX firmware (for multirotors) im flying planes so this is quite a problem...

after seraching the web and posting questions here and on other sites resulted in no working soluution

my Tx is still bricked and stuck with novaX so i had to order a new tx

be careful and think twice before updating your firmware
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2016, 05:44 AM
Hi ,
Did you manage to solve that?
I'm in the same position :-(
Apr 26, 2016, 09:43 PM
me too.
i updated 10ch firmware (https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlySky-i6-Mod-) but when i boot the radio it says:
Warning, place all switches in their up position and lower the throttle.

I have the switches up and throttle down but it continues beep and i can not acces to the transmitter.

I installed novax firmware and it works, but i would like to instal original fs-i6 o ther mod firmware.

please, if you know how to resolv it.
May 07, 2016, 07:35 AM
Hellow. I too. I was able to use the radio accessing secret menu and changing to mode 1. When I turn on the radio with throttle up. And also I had to reverse the throttle. To enter the secret mode , both sicks down and to the left if it does not at first insist even enter the secret menu
May 07, 2016, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seregio
me too.
i updated 10ch firmware (https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlySky-i6-Mod-) but when i boot the radio it says:
Warning, place all switches in their up position and lower the throttle.

I have the switches up and throttle down but it continues beep and i can not acces to the transmitter.

I installed novax firmware and it works, but i would like to instal original fs-i6 o ther mod firmware.

please, if you know how to resolv it.
I resolved cutting 2mm of top plastic stopping part on throttle as is explained here:
https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlyS...ment-214989022
Jun 20, 2016, 08:28 AM
Hi, I am trying in vain to get the 10 ch mod firmware flashed on on FS-i6. So far only NovaX and the Recovery i6 firmware do work.
I get stuck at 0% while flashing the 10ch mod, can you please share some info on your flashing process. I have tried on win 8.1, win 7 and so far no luck. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Jun 20, 2016, 08:30 AM
Have you tried the

https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlyS...ogrammer_V1_0? This and Nova x work on mine.
Nov 01, 2016, 09:56 AM
Have you resolved this? I have the same issue.
Dec 17, 2016, 06:30 PM
rookie
I have the flying 3d version of the i6 radio,, from all the photos i've seen, the internals look the same .. I tried flashing it with standard flysky firmware and got "error opening com port" so I used the alt recovery firmware upgrade it went all the way through the
n said upgrade not successful ,, now radio wont turn back on ..any ideas?
Jan 30, 2017, 02:23 AM
Last edited by crash8384; Feb 08, 2017 at 04:05 PM.
Feb 07, 2017, 07:26 PM
Hey guys,

which Driver should be running with the data cable they sell in Banggood?
http://www.banggood.com/FlySky-Data-...89-v26128.html

is it "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to URT Bridge"?
Mar 11, 2017, 05:50 AM
Hi,
I just tried to update the firmware. However somehow it did not finish and now I am not able to start my flysky. the LCD stays dark and nothing happens...
Any ideas?
Mar 19, 2017, 06:32 AM

Dark screen issue solved?

Hey guys,

the same thing happened to me. I tried to update my Flysky i6 to 10ch. The flashing process froze at 1%, I had to kill it and now i cannot switch the i6 on anymore (dark screen and no beep). The flashing tool now recognized the firmware version as "FLY-SKY I6 0.00". When I click program then a chinese error message appears (see attached screenshot) that I don't understand.
Did anyone of you solve this issue already? Or did you eventually just throw your i6 away?
...does anyone understand this error message?

Thanks!
Mar 19, 2017, 10:28 AM
Hi again,

i solved it. For those who got the same propblem (remote bricked after flashing process interrupted):
Switch on your FlySky-i6 while pushing the throttle trim down and the yaw trim right. This makes the i6 enter bootloader mode directly (screen remains dark, even with working remotes) and you can flash it again. Hope this helps...

Regards!
Apr 10, 2017, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipschitz
Hi again,

i solved it. For those who got the same propblem (remote bricked after flashing process interrupted):
Switch on your FlySky-i6 while pushing the throttle trim down and the yaw trim right. This makes the i6 enter bootloader mode directly (screen remains dark, even with working remotes) and you can flash it again. Hope this helps...

Regards!
Flash it but with which firmware