This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 14, 2016, 06:52 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

The AMA Expo was a blast!

OK, so it's almost a week late in coming, but I have to say that my grandson and I had a marvelous time at the AMA last week. Always fun to see fellow hobbyists and to reconnect with many of the vendors.

Visiting the Pegasus Hobbies booth reminded me of the little Thunder Tiger Bearcat park flyer I bought last year and about which I've blogged on and off since. Easy to see why; they were offering more of those little RTFs for sale once more!

So, thought I, why not get mine flying once and for all? I think it had all of three flights to its credit and not all of them successful.

Found an 1100Kv motor, stick mount and APC prop for the proverbial song right there at the expo from the Gorilla Bob's stand. The 18A ESC I was using is too small for this combo, but I'm going to give it a go with a 40A unit. If all goes well, I'll put a 30A control in the little booger. Should've picked up an inexpensive ESC at the time, but oh well.

Will be blogging once more once I get it flying. There's just something about the challenge this little foamie has presented which makes me want to keep on keeping on with it.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Jan 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply