Jan 14, 2016, 10:22 AM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Fly-In

2016 Midwest Electric Flight Festival (MEFF)

Hey guys,
The 2nd annual Midwest Electric Flight Festival will be held April 15-17th at Walter RC Park in Saranac, MI. It is open to any electric RC aircraft. There will be camping on site, 3D competitions open to anyone, sponsor demos, night flying, and more. We already have some of the world's best RC companies stepping up to help sponsor which will be announced soon. We will have a raffle for several amazing products from our sponsors. There will be plenty of open flying all three days. We have a lot of awesome things planned, and I hope to see you all there this April! More information will be announced soon!

-Jase
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2016, 03:04 PM
(Jase's dad)
Looking forward to it!
Jan 20, 2016, 01:57 AM
It's on my calendar. It should be a fun event.
Feb 29, 2016, 07:24 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Here is our flyer for the 2016 Midwest Electric Flight Festival. Huge thanks to all the sponsors who have stepped up to donate prizes for the raffle! Hope to see you guys out there, it should be a lot of fun!
Mar 03, 2016, 11:30 AM
Hey there... What kind of runways you guy's got out there ? In the flyer, I see both Grass & Pavement. Is this right ?
Mar 04, 2016, 03:21 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxpkg2000
Hey there... What kind of runways you guy's got out there ? In the flyer, I see both Grass & Pavement. Is this right ?
The photos in the flyer are not from the field. The location has a grass runway that is always in great shape whenever we go out there. It is well kept up by the owner.
Mar 09, 2016, 04:35 PM
Got it on the calendar.
Mar 15, 2016, 12:53 PM
Here is a picture of the runway from Walters RC Park.
Mar 26, 2016, 06:12 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Hey guys, I thought I would announce the competitions we are planning on having at MEFF this year and share the updated flyer. Each competition will be crowd judged so the whole goal is to impress the crowd ☺ As of right now they will all take place on Saturday (that may change, we will see). So...the contests are as follows:

-Low Knife Edge Competition
(Each competitor will have two opportunities to impress the crowd with the lowest knife edge pass possible. Meaning two knife edge passes for each pilot.)
2015 Champion: Tristen T-mac Lobbezoo

-One Trick Competition
(The goal is to impress the crowd with the most unique, exciting maneuver. Each pilot will have two opportunities to perform either the same maneuver twice or two different maneuvers once.)
2015 Champion: Ashleigh Heath

-3-Minute Smackdown
(This is a new competition this year at MEFF. Each pilot will have 3 minutes to throw down a flight that impresses the crowd by including exciting, low, unique maneuvers at both high and low speeds. Music is not required, but a pilot can use their own music if they wish.)

If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Apr 04, 2016, 11:05 AM
I am not a robot
Hey there jdracing3, I just found this thread. Wondered if you actually plan to fly during the event?
Apr 09, 2016, 01:12 PM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
Is electricity available on site? Or is it BYOG?
Apr 12, 2016, 09:30 PM
You should have combat!
Apr 13, 2016, 09:12 PM
God is Good
Getting closer! Weather looks to be perfect so far!
Apr 16, 2016, 10:55 AM
Great day to fly!
Apr 16, 2016, 07:57 PM
I am not a robot

You won't believe it, I don't believe it !!!

Today was a great day to fly. The flightline was busy most of the day, and the contests were fun to watch. I know the guys that competed gave it their all.

I think tomorrow will probaby end up being the best day of the weekend where flying is concerned. Temp in the mid to high 70s again, and winds tomorrow are forecast to be the lightest of the weekend, at less than 5 mph.

Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, no getting out of it. But fortunately (at least for me) they held the raffle drawings today....and guess what? THAT'S RIGHT...I won the Grand Prize...a spankin' new Baby Metal MXS !!! Wow last number drawn and I had no thoughts that it would really be mine. I usually buy raffle tickets to support the fun fly or club activities. Wooohoooo, could not believe my ears when John read that number. And I was having trouble finding the exact ticket, I had three strips of tickets, and I heard John say second call for 295887.

Now I need to think about it...and finish 3 other builds so I can get it flying this summer....

Thanks to John, Jase, Cassie, Dave Walter's wife, ( Oh, and Dave too) and all the club members who get together to make this great event happen. Oh and if Jase really ordered this weather...well, I guess he's too young to run for President...maybe there's a Chief Weatherman of the White house job available. Unbelievable weather to say the least.

Bert

Quick Reply