Jan 13, 2016, 09:43 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Peak Models 50 cc Giant Scale Edge airplane

I've got this model on my workbench, and have a question on the wing tube furnished by Peak models:
http://peakmodel.com/index.php?main_...oducts_id=1217
This model is going to be electric powered, running around 4500 Watts on a Rimfire 50 cc electric motor.

The wing tube is 1000 mm or 39 inches, with an ID of 0.945 inches and OD of 1.015 inches. That wing tube only has a wall thickness of 35/1000 inch.

As a comparison, my smaller giant Escapade wing tube has a wall double the thickness of the Peak model wing.

Any comments from the 50 cc crowd would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2016, 12:07 AM
Dont worry about it, just having a larger diameter spreads the load more thus giving more actual strength. I also have a suspicion that the Escapade wing tube is serious overkill, they may have just used an off the shelf size that is made in large quantities so the cost would be less.
Jan 14, 2016, 12:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy View Post
Dont worry about it, just having a larger diameter spreads the load more thus giving more actual strength. I also have a suspicion that the Escapade wing tube is serious overkill, they may have just used an off the shelf size that is made in large quantities so the cost would be less.
That makes sense

Thanks!

Quick Reply