Sep 18, 2018, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Nice!

I've put them on several of my planes and there is always a positive comment. One is a 3X-sized Cox .049 and I put LEDs in the exhaust ports so as I throttle up they glow. Pretty cool effect.

Andy

https://youtu.be/FQmYQU6ww9Q
That is cool....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2018, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Denest
They look good but why are the heads oriented 90 degrees off the case?
Ooops….. Good catch. I need to rotate the heads 90 degrees.
Oct 02, 2018, 09:20 AM

3D Printed Heads

Finally added my 3D printed head to my Taurus, Kwik Fli and Lanier Pursuit. Bob Simon printed these and I painted and added a burned out glow plug. Very light.
Oct 24, 2018, 12:50 PM
Jeez! I guess I'll have to get off my duff and build the kit that I've had since '71. Bought it when I got back from my tour in Greenland and brought it with me to Germany. A fellow club member on Rhein Main AB had one with a K&B .61 that was fantastic.

Only problem is that one of the fuselage sides has gone AWOL (or was never in the box. Getting 1/8th balsa in the length required here is not easy, so I'll probably substitute 3mm.

I have a "new"(bought new in '72 and never used) K&B 61 that i might install, but noise is frowned upon at my flying patch (78db at 7 meters) which the stock muffler doesn't come close to achieving so the model may get Amped. Retracts are also a definite option.

Otto: What motor/batt. set-up do you have in yours?

Pete
Oct 24, 2018, 01:45 PM
DavidsPlanes
Pete,

use the 1/8" balsa side you have as a template and cut two of 3 mm for your model.

David
Oct 24, 2018, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbin
Jeez! I guess I'll have to get off my duff and build the kit that I've had since '71. Bought it when I got back from my tour in Greenland and brought it with me to Germany. A fellow club member on Rhein Main AB had one with a K&B .61 that was fantastic.

Only problem is that one of the fuselage sides has gone AWOL (or was never in the box. Getting 1/8th balsa in the length required here is not easy, so I'll probably substitute 3mm.

I have a "new"(bought new in '72 and never used) K&B 61 that i might install, but noise is frowned upon at my flying patch (78db at 7 meters) which the stock muffler doesn't come close to achieving so the model may get Amped. Retracts are also a definite option.

Otto: What motor/batt. set-up do you have in yours?

Pete
Mine has a Cobra 3520/10 980kv with an APC 11x7e, 75amp ESC, 10amp BEC and a 4S 5000mah battery. More than enough power.
Sep 29, 2019, 02:06 PM

3D pattern for dummy engine

Hi Otto,
Really impressed with your Taurus and I do like the dummy engine , it really does look the part. Is the pattern for this engine available on the internet as I would really like to make some too.
John
Sep 29, 2019, 02:37 PM

3D pattern for dummy engine

Hi Otto,
Really impressed with your Taurus and I do like the dummy engine , it really does look the part. Is the pattern for this engine available on the internet as I would really like to make some too.
John
Sep 30, 2019, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777John
Hi Otto,
John
The pattern is available. Bob Simon found it and it was for a .15 motor. He blew it up to a .60 size. That's why it has only 4 head bolts. As I remember there is a site that catalogs all sorts of 3D print files.
Sep 30, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach
The pattern is available. Bob Simon found it and it was for a .15 motor. He blew it up to a .60 size. That's why it has only 4 head bolts. As I remember there is a site that catalogs all sorts of 3D print files.
Thanks Otto, I do believe I've found it

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1191825

Planning on doing an electric conversion for Doug Spreng's Twister (circa 1968.) if anyone is interested, I've put the plan and article on Outerzone for all to download.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=11503
Oct 01, 2019, 07:39 PM
Think I'd like to build the Twister also, so how do you expand the plans found on the outerzone ?
I downloaded the plans, now I would like to aks how do you go from ther ?

Thanks
Ron
Oct 10, 2019, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLIKES RC
Think I'd like to build the Twister also, so how do you expand the plans found on the outerzone ?
I downloaded the plans, now I would like to aks how do you go from ther ?

Thanks
Ron
I downloaded the plan on to a USB stick and took it to my local print shop who printed it full size. They used a plotter to print it as the plan is quite large. The shop seemed to know exactly how to do it, by the time I’d had ordered a coffee it was complete!

Just got to build it now!

Quick Reply