Jan 12, 2016, 01:21 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.MotionRC
T...

Nothing in common with that plane. They are 100% different. This was designed from the ground up and every mold for every part is 100% new.

I can attest to that - as soon as I kill my airfield I will get one of these if another run happens. and based on last few flights - that will not be long
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2016, 01:28 PM
Newton and I are good friends
"When you run two batteries, you want one battery to run the outer motor and the other battery to run the inner motors. That way if one battery dies, you can fly the plane. You don't want one battery to run both right motors because if it dies, you only have two left motors which is nearly impossible to recover from. " HUH ? are you copying and pasting info from a B-17 setup. On a twin if your using 2 lipos you need to share the power not assign one lipo to one side. I would rather use one larger lipo, but sometimes this is not feasible due to battery compartment space.... DJ
Jan 12, 2016, 01:28 PM
lol BrownEyedFool and Olwarbirds. I'm doing too many things at once. I was thinking B-17. I went back and edited.

The battery compartment will fit both setups. It is the choice of the customer. We set it up for both possibilities.
Jan 12, 2016, 01:43 PM
Newton and I are good friends
LOL Tom, I knew you had candle burning at more than two ends. Tks for you and the gangs efforts, we do appreciate you. This new line is looking good brother... DJ
Jan 12, 2016, 01:53 PM
Tom, for those who are already eying mods already, do you know if there is room for fitting larger wheels on the mains?
Jan 12, 2016, 02:00 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Pic are nice. Subbed.

Jan 12, 2016, 02:08 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
hope vid is posted soon, silver on pre order, could not resist, looks like the p-38 I've been waiting for
Jan 12, 2016, 02:12 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Can I get some information on the size of the wheels that come stock? I know from experience how big wheels must be to roll well on my home grass field.
Jan 12, 2016, 03:00 PM
Well count me in for a silver one as soon as its available in EU .
Jan 12, 2016, 03:35 PM
I hate waiting for parts
What a beautiful plane. The P-38 has always been one of my all-time favorite aircraft, right along with the F-4 Phantom and the A-10. Not sure I can financially stomach another large airplane right now (working on the F-14 at the moment) but it's one for me to watch.
Jan 12, 2016, 03:41 PM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
Quote:
There are two reasons we did not do oleo struts on this model.
1) cost - simple reason.
2) The real reason is the compression hurt the tail on a hard landing. This plane has tricycle gear and a lot of plane that sticks out past the rear struts. When you land, it is difficult not to scrape the rear of the right and left tail booms. We accounted for this and added some material to protect the booms. However, if you have a bad landing with too much flare, the oleo struts compress which causes the tail booms to really hit the ground hard as the struts compress. The only fix to that is longer struts but they would look too out of scale. This plane really does better without the oleo struts.
Good to know, thanks for that. I'll forgo the strut mod I had cooked up in my head...

Jan 12, 2016, 04:35 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX

Did I hear someone say Seafury

Quote:
This is 100% new.. This P-38, the Sea Fury, and the LA-7 are only the beginning of our new FlightlineRC brand here at Motion RC.
So whats the scoop on the Seafury?
Jan 12, 2016, 04:43 PM
watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadt770
So whats the scoop on the Seafury?

http://www.motionrc.com/flightlinerc...-wingspan-pnp/
Jan 12, 2016, 05:25 PM
Hot damn have you guys seen the La-7? It's like Christmas all over again!
Jan 12, 2016, 05:42 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Quote:
There are two reasons we did not do oleo struts on this model.
1) cost - simple reason.
2) The real reason is the compression hurt the tail on a hard landing. This plane has tricycle gear and a lot of plane that sticks out past the rear struts. When you land, it is difficult not to scrape the rear of the right and left tail booms. We accounted for this and added some material to protect the booms. However, if you have a bad landing with too much flare, the oleo struts compress which causes the tail booms to really hit the ground hard as the struts compress. The only fix to that is longer struts but they would look too out of scale. This plane really does better without the oleo struts.
Thanks Tom,

Possible to increase the wheel size ? It would be nice to make the rear wheels a little bigger. Chomping at the bit for more info

Quick Reply