Mid South Soaring Championships 2016 - RC Groups
Jan 11, 2016, 11:26 AM
Jeff Carr
Contest

Mid South Soaring Championships 2016

Once again The Mid South will be held at the Triple Tree Aerodrome near Woodruff SC. The dates are May 27th thru the 29th. This is Fri thru Sun. We do have the field for our use on Monday for additional flying.

Also the chefs are back once again. Brent and JJ along with the Boy Scouts will be there to feed the ranks. I believe some of you only come here to eat. Its so good it cant be good for you. lol. We will have some food for Non Carnivore friends. $20.00 of ever entry will go to the Boy Scouts.

Camping at this world class place is encouraged. Hotels are within 20-25 mins. Bring your families. Bring your fishing pole. Bring all your toys as this is an Aviators Paradise. Full Scale and Model.

Here is just a small sampling of what you can see while your here. In no order. P-51 Mustang (Full Scale) BT-13, J-3 Cub, Spartan Executive, Stearman, Extra 300, DG-500, I'm sure I'm missing a few.

If you do not have a Camper bring a tent. The Bath Houses are first class. Ask anyone and they will tell you.

So to experience the Triple Tree atmosphere come on out for the Mid South Soaring Championships. You will enjoy yourself.

Fri ALES in the Morning Followed by RES in the afternoon.
Sat- Sun is Unlimited TD Man on Man.

Once again I will donate all the money back to TTA. It is worth every cent we can give back. It is one of my favorite places on earth.

Juniors are free. If you have issues with Finances and want to come you will not be turned away. PM me and we will make arrangements. AMA is required. 72 and 50 MHZ will be allowed.

I hope you can all come.

Jeff Carr

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...5BQ/edit#gid=0
Last edited by Goinav8n; Mar 24, 2016 at 09:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2016, 12:39 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Are there full RV hookups (including sewer)? If so, how many spaces? How would one make reservations?
Jan 12, 2016, 01:21 PM
Jeff Carr
There are hookups but none with sewage. We make this a donation for the use of electricity. As I said I just lump it all together and donate it back to TTA . Im sure we can work out a spot for you. The place is huge and they are always improving it. RV accomidations is one of the bigger improvements in recent years.
Jan 13, 2016, 05:20 PM
Even though there is a horse show that weekend, might have to make it. Will have to see how things play Jeff!

Marc
Jan 13, 2016, 07:55 PM
Service Engine Soon
List of top TD contest T3#1 NATS #2 ESL close 2nd
Jeff, you are the best. Thank you very much.
B
Jan 13, 2016, 09:48 PM
Matthew Ceradini
Any hand launch?
Jan 13, 2016, 10:03 PM
Jeff,
Been practicing some; not getting the booby prize this year! John
Jan 14, 2016, 05:45 AM
MMR
MMR
Martian
Planning on being there again - thanks Jeff.

Martin
Jan 19, 2016, 07:26 AM
Rising hot air = Good!
Yippeeeeee! See you there Jeff. - Randy
Jan 20, 2016, 11:10 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
I'm trying to get there and then go on up to Virginia to see my daughter and grand kids... Oh, and I might see that ol' long-legged Mississippi boy she ran off with...

Darth Gasbag
Jan 28, 2016, 12:19 PM
I am planning to make this! Love me some Triple Tree

Tim
Latest blog entry: Multiplex Solius
Feb 06, 2016, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun! We would be tent camping. Any idea how much per night for a tent site?
Feb 07, 2016, 12:30 PM
Jeff Carr
I am going to make all the camping a donation. As I said I am not there to make money for myself but we want to support TTA as much as possible. Its a fun and great place so everything is donated back.

So the short answer is what is it worth to you. If you have not been there its world class.

Jeff
Feb 07, 2016, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinav8n
I am going to make all the camping a donation. As I said I am not there to make money for myself but we want to support TTA as much as possible. Its a fun and great place so everything is donated back.

So the short answer is what is it worth to you. If you have not been there its world class.

Jeff
That's awesome! Thank you! We're really looking forward to it.
Feb 08, 2016, 04:03 PM
MMR
MMR
Martian
Found some more pictures from previous TT soaring events - just in case you need convincing ...

Martin