Jan 10, 2016, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
Question

Sierra gear VS Centery jet gear?

I am buying a new warbird.
I am a bit confused on what gear to buy for a 50CC plane
I have had good luck with Sierra gear BUT,,, he does not offer electric
Century Model jets offers a nice gear in Electric but I have never owned a set of them.
Any advise on the Century retracts

Thanks Guys
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2016, 09:12 AM
Regarding the differences in Century Jet vs Sierra. Having owned landing gear from both companies the Century Jet gear are not nearly as nice in appearance or scale fidelity, if that matters to you. IMO, the Sierra gear are more robust as well.

There are companies that offer electric conversion kits, the company at the link provides this service.

Down and Locked

HTH,

Richard
Jan 10, 2016, 02:03 PM
Scale Builder
My only advice would be to do a search for Century Jet on this forum as well as RC Universe before making any decisions to purchase.
Jan 10, 2016, 04:58 PM
Hoss,

Go with Sierra if you can. You will like them.

What 50cc warbird are you building?

Bob
Jan 10, 2016, 05:32 PM
Don,t even think about Century jet against Sierra i have both.
Century jet are a joke and needed serious modifications to make them work.
Jan 10, 2016, 08:00 PM
Sierra is on top no doubt. Century rotators develop slop quickly.
Jan 13, 2016, 11:20 PM
I've known two people that initially bought the CJM gear, then chose not to use them and went with robart and Sierra. Too loose and too sloppy.
Edwin
Jan 18, 2016, 09:49 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Never used Sierra, but tried CJ and although they worked ok, the workmanship was shoddy, communication was awful and were NOT a drop in replacement as advertised. Very far from it.
I have since been using Electron Retracts on anything that I fly. That said, they don't make rotating sets so P40 and corsair is not an option with them. For straight retracts they are absolutely brilliant. Powerful, VERY well made. I know when I am buying them that they will be flawless and Xoel (they guy who owns the business in Spain) is attentive and thorough. Buy with confidence and forget your retract problems.

Quick Reply