Jan 09, 2016, 10:31 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Mag Calibration Naze32-10 DOF

I am setting up a Naze32 on Cleanflight for my first 250 quad build.

I noticed that when I physically yaw the quad, the compass readout on Cleanflight only registers for about 30 degrees in either direction before stopping. Only until I rotate the quad back into that 60-ish degree window will the readout on Clmeanflight register again. (The entire time I'm keeping the quad level)

I've tried to do the magnetometer calibration a few times and this does not fix the issue. I've looked up how to properly perform the calibration so I have ruled improper calibration out.

Because this is a 250 and the flight controller is open, I decided to cover the open circuit leads with hot glue in case the board is accidentally exposed to moisture. Is it at all possible that the heat from the hot glue could have damaged the sensor? Just a thought.

I plan on flying minimally in horizon mode and mostly in acro mode, so I don't believe I even need the mags, but it's nice to know that everything is working properly.

If you have any clue as to what is causing this issue, shared thoughts will be greatly appreciated! Either way, thank you for taking the time to read this far.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply