Jul 29, 2004, 06:59 PM
Look at my little red dot
Thread OP

Finally some real flight time!!!

Well I finally was able to get some real flight time -thanks alot to jvbav8-
I didnt start like everyone else with a fp but went into a 3s cp hb monster with cc10 ,himax4100,trec tail esc and dd tail,I was able to get it to hover for like 10sec in pretty much a 3 ft box,the wind was pretty light .This thing screams,I can tell you that even on 2 s this was very hard to control ,going to a 3s with a higher head speed makes it so much more stable.
I have put the alum block and the oneway,I did destroy one blade but all in all after 30 minutes of trying I am very happy and glad that I did not start off with an fp ,
Yes it is a lot harder to understand and set up but if you have someone like jvbav8 help it does make a huge difference,I have not every flown anything other than my cars and truck off ramps,I did not have a real time on a sim-wish I did but blew the budget on the set up. Just heard the charger finish off I go !!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2004, 07:03 PM
Really Cool User
It will cost a lot when you crash it several several times.
Jul 29, 2004, 07:31 PM
he already has extra pitch link sets, mixing arms, and seesaw parts
metal flybar can be straightened and re-used
told him to order blade grip spindles and mainshafts
put mine in inverted and that was all it damaged
it was back up 2 days later

make those ruler blades Trev

JVB
Jul 29, 2004, 07:53 PM
Look at my little red dot
Thread OP
Gonna have to make those ruler blades now! Oh well I am by no means even bad at this,I will bend that awesome metal flybar back!I wish they made blades like the fp for the cp!I guess for some they like to start off in the fp,I did not like the thought of the height only being linked to the rpm,the cp is for me easier to take off in,just up the pitch till she lifts and try to let it hover at one height all the rest is still the same ,other than the blades I dont see the supposed down fall other than cost and setting it up,if I where to start over again I still do it the same way!
Also having a decent programmable radio is a must,-7chp, with this radio I just flick the switch and that puts her into max rpm, other than controling pitch which is even better than chopping the throttle it's kind like flying an fp
Last edited by tlyee63; Jul 29, 2004 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply