Jan 09, 2016, 01:33 PM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
Discussion

F3K programs for OpenTX transmitters

SoarOTX is a package of sailplane models for OpenTX transmitters. It provides Lua scripts for timing and score keeping, graphing of log data (e.g. altitude graphs), and model configuration. FrSky Taranis and Jumper T12 transmitters are supported, but Horus and T16 are not currently supported, due to lack of interactive Lua scripts.

This thread is for discussion and Q&As for the F3K models.

UPDATE 2023-12-11
There is now also a standalone script for score keeping that you can use with your own model setups - please see post #2321.
Last edited by jfrickmann; Dec 11, 2023 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Standalone script is here!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2016, 03:33 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Well done! I will probably borrow your score saving code. Can we make it a joint separate lua file? Nice to stay interoperable.

Power of choice to the open source users!
Jan 09, 2016, 07:15 PM
Closed Account
Jesper - cheese cake too !
Last edited by zephirus; Jan 09, 2016 at 07:27 PM.
Jan 10, 2016, 08:55 AM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
Well done! I will probably borrow your score saving code. Can we make it a joint separate lua file? Nice to stay interoperable.

Power of choice to the open source users!
You are of course very welcome to use the code in your project. I think that it should be easy to adapt , but I do not know what is missing in 2.0.x vs. 2.1.7. Do you have any plans to migrate your project to 2.1.x?
The reason why the program requires 2.1.7, is that the score saving and browsing code uses the string library, and the timer start/stop uses model.getFlightMode. The latter is of course easy to change, but it will be quite complicated to save and browse scores without the string library.
Last edited by jfrickmann; Jan 10, 2016 at 12:12 PM.
Jan 10, 2016, 06:35 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrickmann
You are of course very welcome to use the code in your project. I think that it should be easy to adapt , but I do not know what is missing in 2.0.x vs. 2.1.7. Do you have any plans to migrate your project to 2.1.x?
The reason why the program requires 2.1.7, is that the score saving and browsing code uses the string library, and the timer start/stop uses model.getFlightMode. The latter is of course easy to change, but it will be quite complicated to save and browse scores without the string library.
You can't even write a score in the first place in the previus versions.

I've ported my code to 2.1, remaining backwards compatible to 2.0.

I intend to use your code as an example. I think the setup shpuld be different: One file per day, just as telemtry.

Then simply look for the available score files and present the results.

Then you don't run into file length problems.

Greetings.
Jan 10, 2016, 08:54 PM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
I considered that. But then you will not be able to look up a score from yesterday. And I do not think that there is a Lua method to browse for files on the SD card.
Jan 11, 2016, 01:19 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Keep a logfile for all created files, or check in a loop.

I do the same for creating menus, with the limitation of risking an error when trying to load a nonexisting file in opentx 2.0. In 2.1 its easy, since you can check if a file exists.
Jan 11, 2016, 07:25 AM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
I shems, I prefer to kep things reasonably simple. Therefore, I will just keep the score file the way it is for now.
I just uploaded a new version of the file with some minor change to the infor displayed at the top of the screens (Rx voltage and time).
Jan 11, 2016, 07:39 AM
Jesper,

Thank you very much, this come at the right time for me.
Very good work.

I like to check if you have similar scripts like DLG graph, better still one that can read the telemetry log to display on taranis screen either live or from the logs.

http://rcsettings.com/index.php/view...g-flight-graph

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
Jan 12, 2016, 08:52 PM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
I just realized that Companion blows up if the log file is not already present on the SD card. I have uploaded a fix for that.

Jonathan, I do not have any scripts for logging altitude - but I agree that filago's script looks pretty nice.
Jan 13, 2016, 06:32 AM
Kyle Clayton
Nicely done Jesper! I haven't touched my radio in a month now, maybe good incentive for me to update it and try this program.
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Jan 13, 2016, 10:49 AM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
Hi Kyle

Give it a spin and let me know what you think

Before upgrading to 2.1, please read the first post here: http://www.openrcforums.com/forum/vi...hp?f=45&t=7239
Jan 23, 2016, 11:16 PM
Jesper,

Can you help me understand why in lauch and zoom mode, i have limited ability to use the elevator subtrim to trim it down. I have to have a high subtrim max up to trim it down. So this restricted me in ability to fine adjust launch and zoom mode properly.

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
Jan 24, 2016, 09:26 AM
launch high, fly low
Thread OP
Hi Jonathan,

I assume that you are talking about the setup for your Fireblade, since it is selected in your file.
By subtrim, I assume that you are referring to the subtrim being set on the OUTPUTS page? These do not apply to any particular flight mode, so I do not understand how they can be used to set Launch and Zoom?
I do not understand what you mean when you say "a high subtrim max up to trim it down" - please explain further
I notice that you have limited the elevator throw to go from -50 to +100 in OUTPUTS. This obviously limits the max. deflection.
I use the regular trims to set offsets for the various flight modes. So to give it some up elevator during Launch , I hold the launch switch while giving it some up trim. I notice that your trim is neutral for Launch.
I also see that you have full up elevator trim during Zoom. This is odd, as I normally give it neutral to a little down during Zoom to make the plane track straight after I release the launch switch.

I hope that some of this was helpful. Please keep asking until we get it sorted out

Jesper
Jan 24, 2016, 05:21 PM
Ops I was not being very clear.

Yup the Fireblade setup....
when I go to Launch and Zoom mode, the elevator have a lot of up on my DLG. I had to use the elevator trim to push it down and running out of trim level for further adjustment. See pictures... The interesting thing is it is not affecting my cx2 setup...i tired to compare but could not figure out the difference.

Quick Reply