Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by jfrickmann, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 16, 2019, 12:21 PM
Wayne Wimbish
wdwimbish's Avatar
In shop tests confirm, the altitude readout from telemetry is negative. If I zero it in my basement shop, and then walk upstairs, the values reported become increasingly negative. If I zero it upstairs and then go downstairs, the values are positive.

I found out that the graphs can be inverted when reading the logs so disregard that. They are functioning properly. It is the output altitude values that are the problem.

btw, I am using a G-RX6 receiver.

Wayne

PS vario tone is normal, increasing pitch with assent. Decreasing pitch with descent. It is just the numbers that are upside down.
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 07:42 PM
Jesper Frickmann
jfrickmann's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
Another round of flights this evening. Altitude is still reported in negative numbers and now flight log graphs are inverted as well.

Any ideas? Help.

Wayne
Please save your .otx file and post it here, then I will take a look and see if I can figure it out.

Jesper
May 16, 2019, 08:37 PM
Wayne Wimbish
wdwimbish's Avatar
Problem found. Alti sensor had been set to [ -Alt ] instead of [ Alt ].

Just shows you shouldn't assume anything when picking up a used radio.

Btw, what does the Auto Offset check box do?

Thanks,
Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
May 17, 2019, 07:50 AM
Jesper Frickmann
jfrickmann's Avatar
Thread OP
Glad that you found the bug

If I don't check Auto Offset, then Alti reset does not work. Doesn't really make sense, but that's what I found by trial & error.

Jesper
May 17, 2019, 07:54 AM
Wayne Wimbish
wdwimbish's Avatar
Thanks. I think that is what I saw too.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
May 17, 2019, 10:59 AM
Registered User
Not sure if Iím correct -but I would check the telemetry set up again- make sure that when you set the sensor Alti to source Alt and that there is not a ( - ) sign front of Alt.
Jack
May 17, 2019, 12:13 PM
Wayne Wimbish
wdwimbish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackspt28
Not sure if Iím correct -but I would check the telemetry set up again- make sure that when you set the sensor Alti to source Alt and that there is not a ( - ) sign front of Alt.
Jack
Yup, that was it. Didn't know there were negative sensors.

Thanks,
Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
May 25, 2019, 10:42 AM
Registered User

Taranis help


Hi all,
hope some one can help or point me in the right direction to find a solution,

I am trying to load the Soar programming to my tx but i cannot seem to get it all in.
i can not get the LUA to work, the settings and mixes, telemetry are all in but i can't get the double press on the page button to work or the timers.
Sorry i have always used Futuba so i am a NOOB to this.

I have taken the SD file and put it on the sd card , then taken the F3K program via companion and created a F3K model.

The F3K model does seem to do all the right things on the model but i can't seem to get timers or in to set up.

Thanks in advance
May 25, 2019, 10:45 AM
Adam
xStatiCa's Avatar
JFrickmann, I found some good info about how trim should be added on a separate line item when aileron diff is used. Apparently trim is applied before diff so the workaround is to remove trim from the aileron input line and add it back as a separate line item. I tested the example in writeup on the RC-SOAR website on the latest versions of OpenTX and there is a big difference when trim is on a separate mix line. Do you think this is still something that is needed? I have the workaround on my from scratch DLG configs.

Page about it...
http://www.rc-soar.com/opentx/setups/diff/diff_bug.htm

An opentx bug somehow related to it that doesn't actually seem to change the order that it is applied but fixes something else?
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/503

This is where someone else on extremewing's script thread posted about it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelchm
One other 'gotcha' is that if you use aileron trim OpenTX applies that trim before differential. This means that your differential ends up being unequal when using aileron trim, which further complicates things. As far as I am aware, adjusting the ppm center rather than using trim avoids this issue. I could be wrong, so if someone wants to confirm that for me that would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
There is a way to *fix* that *bug*...

http://www.rc-soar.com/opentx/setups/diff/diff_bug.htm

"The workaround involves taking trim out of the aileron mix, and adding it back in as a separate offset."

I noticed it and used the method on that site when I setup my DLG. Works great.
May 25, 2019, 01:16 PM
Adam
xStatiCa's Avatar
I noticed that your .otx files have the diff and trim on one Mixes line on the aileron. You seem to have a very good grasp on OpenTX so the reason I am bringing this up is to get your opinion on it. Is it something that you were aware of and don't think it is needed or work around it some other way that I am not aware of or is it something that you were not aware of or think it isn't needed for some reason?
May 26, 2019, 10:01 AM
Jesper Frickmann
jfrickmann's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosler
Hi all,
hope some one can help or point me in the right direction to find a solution,

I am trying to load the Soar programming to my tx but i cannot seem to get it all in.
i can not get the LUA to work, the settings and mixes, telemetry are all in but i can't get the double press on the page button to work or the timers.
Sorry i have always used Futuba so i am a NOOB to this.

I have taken the SD file and put it on the sd card , then taken the F3K program via companion and created a F3K model.

The F3K model does seem to do all the right things on the model but i can't seem to get timers or in to set up.

Thanks in advance
Do you press and hold the PAGE button (aka. long press)? This is how you activate the telemetry screens with the first long press. Once in Telemetry, long press PAGE goes backward to the last (configuration) screen, short press PAGE goes forward to the next screen.

I can think of two reasons why the timers do not work 1) you have not copied the scripts to the right place on the radio's SD card (could also explain the above issue) 2) You have not downloaded and upgraded the radio's firmware after checking the "lua" and "luac" options in Companion.

The great thing about these radios is that they can do almost anything. The bad thing is that the documentation sucks, and that the it takes some time to figure it out. please don't give up

Jesper

P.S. I moved from my trusty old Futaba 9C Super to Taranis, so I know what it is like!
May 26, 2019, 10:12 AM
Jesper Frickmann
jfrickmann's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
I noticed that your .otx files have the diff and trim on one Mixes line on the aileron. You seem to have a very good grasp on OpenTX so the reason I am bringing this up is to get your opinion on it. Is it something that you were aware of and don't think it is needed or work around it some other way that I am not aware of or is it something that you were not aware of or think it isn't needed for some reason?
Hi Adam,

It is not something that I have ever given a thought. I would think it only matters with an extremely high amount of differential?

I prefer to keep things simple, but if it is generally considered to be a problem, then I can easily change it. I can also make a special edition for those who prefer it the other way. For my F3J and F5J programs, however, it gets a bit more tricky if you want to apply aileron trim to both flaps and ailerons.

Jesper
May 26, 2019, 11:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosler
Hi all,
hope some one can help or point me in the right direction to find a solution,

I am trying to load the Soar programming to my tx but i cannot seem to get it all in.
i can not get the LUA to work, the settings and mixes, telemetry are all in but i can't get the double press on the page button to work or the timers.
Sorry i have always used Futuba so i am a NOOB to this.

I have taken the SD file and put it on the sd card , then taken the F3K program via companion and created a F3K model.

The F3K model does seem to do all the right things on the model but i can't seem to get timers or in to set up.

Thanks in advance
If it says no telemetry screens or something like that, I was getting that when dragging the files across and putting them into their respective folders. I quit doing that and just deleted the whole scripts folder from my 2.2.3 sd card and put Jespers scripts folder in its place. Worked a treat then.
May 26, 2019, 08:01 PM
Adam
xStatiCa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrickmann
Hi Adam,

It is not something that I have ever given a thought. I would think it only matters with an extremely high amount of differential?

I prefer to keep things simple, but if it is generally considered to be a problem, then I can easily change it. I can also make a special edition for those who prefer it the other way. For my F3J and F5J programs, however, it gets a bit more tricky if you want to apply aileron trim to both flaps and ailerons.

Jesper
It appears there is a difference of opinion what the correct thing to do is... I got a lot of responses about diff with trim for aileron differential on the 2.2.2 thread. I use -50 differential on my DLGs (all rudderless).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post41940395
May 27, 2019, 05:13 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
l shems's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
It appears there is a difference of opinion what the correct thing to do is... I got a lot of responses about diff with trim for aileron differential on the 2.2.2 thread. I use -50 differential on my DLGs (all rudderless).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post41940395
There is no opinion on what the correct thing is. The correct thing is using that approach which achieves what you desire.

Both other participants tend to write in 'correct' and 'logical' but are merely adhering to their opinion.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools