This thread is privately moderated by jfrickmann, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 24, 2016, 06:09 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
In Zoom, your elevator trim is all the way up:

In Launch, your elevator trim is neutral:

Try the following: Hold the launch switch and give it some up trim. Then release the launch switch and, while it is still in Zoom mode, set elevator trim back to neutral.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2016, 06:22 PM
Actually both launch and zoom it is actually all up -125 and -113. While in normal it is neutral.
It is like in both zoom and launch there is a preset that bring my elevator offset up by a lot so I have to use manual trim to push it down.

May be is because i switch alieron and elevator ( 2 and 3 ).

UPDATE :

Jesper, don't worry about it. I reload your original program and redo everything and it is working properly now. I must have change something without knowing and cannot find where I change it.
Last edited by jyzoom; Jan 25, 2016 at 09:49 AM.
Jan 25, 2016, 11:22 AM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Ok, I am glad to hear that you got the issue resolved!
Feb 14, 2016, 03:04 AM
any new enhancement
Feb 14, 2016, 09:31 AM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Yes, I have actually made a number of changes, but I was hoping to do some more field testing before releasing them here.
As for the plain Taranis, non-script, part of the program, I have noticed that the logic switches that control 0.2 sec. logging of launches and calls out launch height sometimes stops working after a while. I have therefore moified that part so it is hopefully more stable now.
As for the Lua scripts, I have changed the controls so you now use the menu buttons instead of flicking switches. I think that is more intuitive. It will also prompt you before saving scores now. And it is possible to stop the window timer in between flights. I found that quite useful e.g. when I practice in the local park, and people come and ask questions when I am in the middle of a task.
Do you want me to release the not-yet-so-tested version?
Feb 14, 2016, 12:31 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
OK, I just went ahead and uploaded the new version. Have fun with it, and please let me know if you find any bugs new features
Feb 14, 2016, 12:36 PM
Ok that's high enough
Lol I used to call these "undocumented features"
Feb 14, 2016, 05:28 PM
Jesper,

Thanks I notice the occasional launch without the height read out also. Will help test it out.

Can you tell me which portion of the code change for this ? As I have to change the channel assignment due to my wiring between elevator and alierons ...and trying to keep all my dlg fine tune setup so just want to change the specific portion if possible.

Thanks in advance
Jonathan
Feb 14, 2016, 07:04 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Jonathan,

I changed the logical switches L10-L15 from this:

To that:

The only inputs that they take are fight modes (FM1 or FM2) and switch D to decide on logging data. So it should not be affected by reasignment of channels.
Please notice that the new version calls the launch altitude whenever it is > 0 (i.e. altimeter is present), where the old one called it when switch D was up.
I think that the problem with the old version was the two sticky switches L10 and L12. Sometimes, probably a race condition, caused them to be messed up. With the new version, there is only one sticky switch, and it should not be possible to mess that up. But I have not field tested it yet
Feb 14, 2016, 11:32 PM
Thanks Jasper,
I should be able to try it out later today.
Love the new menu driven then stick select task.

Many Thanks.
Jonathan
Feb 19, 2016, 05:36 PM
Jasper,
The change seem to work well for me over last few days of flying.
I got lost on how to use the new training program scripts , while using the menu then switch is cool...but i am not sure which button do what...cant seem to be able to save and have a new flight.
Jonathan
Feb 19, 2016, 07:36 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
In order to start a new round, and optionally save scores:
1) Stop the flight timer.
2) Stop the window timer (press ENT).
3) Press the +/- buttons to select a different task type. A menu will pop and ask you to save scores.
I know it is not super elegant, but it is fairly limited what can be done with the menu buttons. E.g. long pressing ENT will bring up a "Reset telemetry" menu, no matter what. And MENU and PAGE are used for navigating the telemetry screens. So...
Feb 19, 2016, 08:12 PM
Thanks Jasper.
Got it ... But will stick the switch method , easier for me. :-)
Feb 21, 2016, 09:50 AM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
I just uploaded a PDF with an overview of the buttons used for the telemetry screens.
Feb 21, 2016, 05:50 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
I just fixed a bug hidden feature in the "JF F3K 1.lua" script. The wrong task description was written to the file with the scores.

Quick Reply