This thread is privately moderated by jfrickmann, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 06, 2017, 06:42 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP

Making 4 min. the fun way

On the way home from work, I stopped by the park and flew a couple of rounds today. I started out with a 1-2-3-4, and made the 4 with this one:

I am busy testing a new version for OpenTX 2.2. It needs a few tweaks, but it is almost there.

Jesper
Last edited by jfrickmann; Jun 07, 2017 at 07:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2017, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrickmann
On the way home from work, I stopped by the parked and flew a couple of rounds today. I started out with a 1-2-3-4, and made the 4 with this one:

I am busy testing a new version for OpenTX 2.2. It needs a few tweaks, but it is almost there.

Jesper
Cool Jesper. I should make a new update for Qx7 after that.
Jun 07, 2017, 09:52 AM
I am trying to get the vario to give audible up down signals. I see switch SA is assigned to it. Switching SA on gives a rapid beeping only. Not sure where to start to fix or change. FrSky precision vario with Amber announcing launch heights. I have changed the SILENT to tone.
Jun 07, 2017, 01:12 PM
Adam
Are you sure the vario sensor was detected and you set the Telemetry Vario settings screen configuration to use VSpd?
Jun 07, 2017, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
Are you sure the vario sensor was detected and you set the Telemetry Vario settings screen configuration to use VSpd?
Yes, I get launch heights verbally.
Jun 07, 2017, 04:06 PM
Adam
What are the vario limits set to? Mine are...
Sink Max = -10
Sink Min = -0.5
Climb Min = 0.5
Climb Max = 10
Center Silent (unchecked)

Make sure Vario source is set to VSpd in the same Telemetry config of the model (that setting is independent of the altitude sensor).

Vario source = VSpd
Jun 07, 2017, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
What are the vario limits set to? Mine are...
Sink Max = -10
Sink Min = -0.5
Climb Min = 0.5
Climb Max = 10
Center Silent (unchecked)

Make sure Vario source is set to VSpd in the same Telemetry config of the model (that setting is independent of the altitude sensor).

Vario source = VSpd
Thanks. The problem was source was alt not VSpd.
I am competing in a DLG cross country contest and this will definitely come in handy.
Mario
Jun 07, 2017, 07:04 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Mario, good to hear that you got the problem solved!

Jesper
Jun 07, 2017, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrickmann
Mario, good to hear that you got the problem solved!

Jesper
Jesper, I'm very pleased with your program. Cgmoth recommended it so I gave it a try.
Mario
Jun 08, 2017, 08:23 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallian
Jesper, I'm very pleased with your program. Cgmoth recommended it so I gave it a try.
Mario
Thanks, Mario! I am glad to hear that you like it.

Jesper
Jun 08, 2017, 08:43 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP

OpenTX 2.2

Now that OpenTX 2.2 is released, I have upgraded my radios and tested a new version of the program. Please be aware of the following:
  • You have to download OpenTX 2.2 firmware with the "luac" build option enabled. Otherwise, you get a memory error.
  • The first time that you fire up the new program, you get the memory error anyway. I believe that it happens because it loads the compiler to generate the .luac files. But when the .luac files are saved, it works fine.

When you have upgraded your radio, copied the new lua scrips to your SD card, and converted your models to 2.2, there are a few more steps to do:
  • Create a new telemetry sensor named "FM" with id 5050, and check Logs. It is used by the third script to save the flight mode to the log file. This is used for detecting the start of new flights. The previous versions used the launch switch, but then you have to change the script if you move the launch switch.
  • In DISPLAY, set up the new scripts for Screen 1-3. They have shorter file names, because 2.2 can only handle 6 character names.

Please let me know if there are any problems. Next week I will be on vacation, so I will probably not be able to help before June 18th.

Jesper
Jun 25, 2017, 04:34 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP

New Poker rules

Since the new Poker rules have been approved, I decided to go ahead and change the script.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=15

This means that you no longer have to worry about exceeding the window time with the last call, as it will limit the time called to the remaining window time minus 1 sec.

The only thing that you have to replace is the JFF3K1.lua script in /SCRIPTS/TELEMETRY.

Jesper
Jun 25, 2017, 04:43 PM
Awesome J. Thanks
Jun 25, 2017, 05:08 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
You are welcome
Jul 30, 2017, 03:52 PM
I have gone through the QX7 script files and moved, realigned and reduced size for some of the text so that it better fits the low resolution screen. I have also shifted direction of the rotational wheel so rotation right is consistently plus/forward and rotation left is minus/back in all scripts. I have been pretty thorough but have probably missed some text, there is plenty of it.

This works really well on my QX7 and is fully functional in OpenTX 2.2, except script 3 (plotting of telemetry parameters) which doesn't work in Companion (error in function TimeSerial: return 3600 * hr + 60 * mn + sc, "attempt to perform arith..."). It works on the QX7 though so I can live with that. Edit: I am a native Linux user but I just tested the scripts in the Windows version of Companion and all scripts work there! So it seems the problems are related to Linux and/or that version of Companion 2.2.

I am new to this but if someone can tell me how to, I would be happy to provide the revised script files and some screen shots (if interesting).

Thanks to the developers for a fantastic job on these scripts - I think they are absolutely super and am very grateful!
Last edited by UlfH; Aug 01, 2017 at 03:54 AM.

Quick Reply