How do you store (display) your quads and/or transmitters? - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2016, 09:04 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Discussion

How do you store (display) your quads and/or transmitters?

Like many of you I would imagine, I started off with (1) small quad and (1) small copter (both Syma). Now I have (3) quad and (3) Copters!

I currently have them on a book shelf but it's getting crowded.

Since my other hobby is wood working I was thinking of making a wall mounted (because floor space is at a premium) rack that I would hang the quads from. Basically a piece of 1/2" thk furniture grade plywood edged with walnut and featuring some holes for 1/2" or 3/8" dowels. Think of it as nice looking pegboard.

Another (less adventuresome) idea was a set of wall hung shelves

How do you store or display your quads/helis? And what do you do with the transmitters? I have a couple and they reside on a book shelf.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2016, 06:41 AM
Like this
I have everything ready to go in the case from prop wrench, goggles, Chargers for quad lipos, goggles, and radio. Even have spare props tucked underneath. The only thing I don't keep stored in this case is my lipos. They are in a lipo sac in their own case. I'd rather not take a chance of losing all my gear.
Jan 10, 2016, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Greco
Since my other hobby is wood working I was thinking of making a wall mounted (because floor space is at a premium) rack that I would hang the quads from. Basically a piece of 1/2" thk furniture grade plywood edged with walnut and featuring some holes for 1/2" or 3/8" dowels. Think of it as nice looking pegboard.

Another (less adventuresome) idea was a set of wall hung shelves

How do you store or display your quads/helis? And what do you do with the transmitters? I have a couple and they reside on a book shelf.
You mean like this?

I actually have another quad above that one there now, well a tricopter actually.

Taranis is in the metal case it comes with, Futaba 14SG is in a solid plastic case with the tear out. When I go out I don't really use carry cases for the quads etc.
Jan 14, 2016, 08:21 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Wow I didn't notice that anyone replied to this thread! Thanks for the tips. I'm designing something now that features movable shelves. Sort of looks like the shoe racks they have in sporting goods store (worked for 5 years in one when I was a "kid").
Jan 14, 2016, 11:27 PM
I live in a semi tractor basically so i have a set of stackable containers. The ones for the quads are just big enough to fit the quad and some soft stuff. I also have a big garden sorting box type thing for all my parts and a small sorting box for my batteries that has extra room for props, voltage tester, and some minor other field repair parts. Whenever i go into the field i grab one of my quad boxes, the battery box, and my googles and stuff them all in a backpack and trek wherever i'm going to fly.
Jan 15, 2016, 11:22 AM
I got to where I like to keep them in the Plano Gun cases or the aluminum sheet covered equipment cases sold by Harbor Freight. They sell some plastic hard shell four handgun cases that are made by Plano in a few different styles that work well. The Harbor freight cases can be quite inexpensive too, especially with discount coupons. But I have a couple of softside backpack carry cases I got off of Ebay that work well too.