Thread Tools
Jan 27, 2016, 05:07 PM
Registered User
amazon has them too.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2016, 05:54 PM
Still Screamin'!
rvincent's Avatar
But remember these eliminate the Fresnel lenses for a much crisper, sharper image. Those cheaper options are to ne used with the Fresnels.

The thing I like about keeping the Fresnels is dust protection for the screen.
Jan 28, 2016, 01:45 PM
Premium Registered User
Giant Tortoise's Avatar
Finally the weather broke & I managed to get in a few FPV flights today at about 16:10 before it got dark at 16:50 (GMT) on my stock Mach 25 with with the Headplays & the new RHO lens.

I have to say while not mind-blowing they are defiantly a improvement over the stock lens & eliminate the wavy lines caused by the Fresnel lens & give a much clearer & sharper picture to the point where I can now see the dust on the LCD display.

I think they may give a slightly smaller FOV which is also welcome as I used the smaller stock lens as I found the factory one too big.

Remember my FPV cam is only a Spektrum VA2500.

I give this product the thumbs up
Jan 28, 2016, 04:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tortoise
Finally the weather broke & I managed to get in a few FPV flights today at about 16:10 before it got dark at 16:50 (GMT) on my stock Mach 25 with with the Headplays & the new RHO lens.

I have to say while not mind-blowing they are defiantly a improvement over the stock lens & eliminate the wavy lines caused by the Fresnel lens & give a much clearer & sharper picture to the point where I can now see the dust on the LCD display.

I think they may give a slightly smaller FOV which is also welcome as I used the smaller stock lens as I found the factory one too big.

Remember my FPV cam is only a Spektrum VA2500.

I give this product the thumbs up
Couple of questions for you...

Do you wear reading glass and if so what strength?

I look forward to your reply....
Jan 28, 2016, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
But remember these eliminate the Fresnel lenses for a much crisper, sharper image. Those cheaper options are to ne used with the Fresnels.

The thing I like about keeping the Fresnels is dust protection for the screen.
Good point... There is a lot of pollen here in Georgia in the spring... hell all the time... lol...
Jan 28, 2016, 06:14 PM
Registered User
Backyard's Avatar
Thanks for the review GT. I look forward to receiving mine. That you can focus on the screen dust is a good sign since that is where the picture is!
Jan 29, 2016, 09:37 AM
Registered User
what about putting a clear piece of lexan in the lens groove to seal it back up?
Jan 29, 2016, 02:35 PM
Premium Registered User
Giant Tortoise's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Hover
Couple of questions for you...

Do you wear reading glass and if so what strength?

I look forward to your reply....
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had laser surgery on my eyes about 10 years ago & I'm happy to say I still have perfect 20/20 vision so no need for glasses.
Jan 29, 2016, 02:41 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Can't speak for your eyes, but it's possible to have 20/20 vision and presbyopia (loss of elasticity
of the eye making it harder or impossible to focus at close distances) at the same time.
You may be able to see fine beyond arm's length, but still need reading glasses.
It's even possible to be both near sighted (inability to focus on things far away) and
have presbyopia (inability to focus at very close distances) at the same time.
Most people (>50%) will experience some degree of presbyopia over the age of 30,
and by 40+yrs, it increases to 65+%.

This is especially relevant to the Headplays because with the stock lenses your eyes
are forced to focus only 7-8 inches away. With RHO's its about 16 inches away.
Last edited by Daemon; Jan 29, 2016 at 02:50 PM.
Jan 29, 2016, 02:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
It's even possible to be both near sighted (inability to focus on things far away) and
have presbyopia (inability to focus at very close distances) at the same time.
this is my problem.
Jan 29, 2016, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Mine too. It's not uncommon. I need about -1.25 correction for distance (3-4ft to infinity),
and at 7-8 inches I need +1.25 correction. The sweet spot for me, where everything
is in focus without correction is about 12-14 inches out.
Jan 29, 2016, 03:46 PM
Registered User
Backyard's Avatar
Sounds like my eyes too except there are probably two or three more issues including the fact that the left and right are different! Without glasses (which is the goal) both eyes focus best at 14-16 inches so I am hopeful. By the way with the Headplay and no glasses I need to hold it 4-5 inches from my face to see the screen clearly. A 2.5d reader mod works but I hope this is a better and more elegant solution.
Jan 29, 2016, 05:20 PM
Premium Registered User
Giant Tortoise's Avatar
I've not worn glasses for about 10 years now reading or otherwise I can see just fine in all conditions & all distances.
Jan 29, 2016, 05:55 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard
Sounds like my eyes too except there are probably two or three more issues including the fact that the left and right are different! Without glasses (which is the goal) both eyes focus best at 14-16 inches so I am hopeful. By the way with the Headplay and no glasses I need to hold it 4-5 inches from my face to see the screen clearly. A 2.5d reader mod works but I hope this is a better and more elegant solution.
If you can focus clearly at 14-16 inches without correction, then the RHO lenses should work fine for you.
Jan 29, 2016, 11:46 PM
Admin Deluxe
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
Thread OP
For what it's worth I have a long eye and short eye. One eye is 20/25 and the other is cut to see about 16 inches out. The RHO lenses work for me.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools