Jan 20, 2016, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
In what way? I appreciate the back off of the FOV aspect but did you feel image was crisper? For me FOV is fine currently but crisper I could appreciate.
Even without the vision correction so many of us need, the improvement in image quality with the RHO lens is nothing short of dramatic.

I can't really use the FS goggles because I have a distance correction of +1.75 and about +1.75 for reading. So a total of +2.50. The FS goggles just don't have lenses for that, it would be nice if they made more varied lenses or a 3rd party did. But enough to say I tried to use them and never could get a clear picture with the DomV2 or HD V2. So HPHD was a good choice to try with being able to wear glasses if I needed to.

I got the RHO lens and I wear +1.75 contacts (like I always do) and the magnification of the lens is perfectly adjustable for me. And adjustable for my younger eagle eyed friends as well. I just change the lens position a bit for them and they also think they are crystal clear.

Th biggest surprise though is the image quality. The image is very noticeably brighter with the RHO instead of the frenel lens, and looking through a crystal clear optometric quality lens gets rid of the fuzzy quality of the fesnel and bring the image in to a very sharp focus. Granted the additional $45.00 for the RHO puts the price very close to the FS goggles... and they have a DVR, but the HPHD/RHO combo is a clear winner for quality and comfort of my eyes.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2016, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone13
Even without the vision correction so many of us need, the improvement in image quality with the RHO lens is nothing short of dramatic.

I can't really use the FS goggles because I have a distance correction of +1.75 and about +1.75 for reading. So a total of +2.50. The FS goggles just don't have lenses for that, it would be nice if they made more varied lenses or a 3rd party did. But enough to say I tried to use them and never could get a clear picture with the DomV2 or HD V2. So HPHD was a good choice to try with being able to wear glasses if I needed to.

I got the RHO lens and I wear +1.75 contacts (like I always do) and the magnification of the lens is perfectly adjustable for me. And adjustable for my younger eagle eyed friends as well. I just change the lens position a bit for them and they also think they are crystal clear.

Th biggest surprise though is the image quality. The image is very noticeably brighter with the RHO instead of the frenel lens, and looking through a crystal clear optometric quality lens gets rid of the fuzzy quality of the fesnel and bring the image in to a very sharp focus. Granted the additional $45.00 for the RHO puts the price very close to the FS goggles... and they have a DVR, but the HPHD/RHO combo is a clear winner for quality and comfort of my eyes.
+1. RHO-Lenses give a MUCH sharper, clearer image.

Also, I am nearsighted and have a -4.75 prescription for my contact. This and nearing my mid 40's makes it so its hard to focus on close objects. The stock HPHD Fresnels would not allow my eyes to focus properly. No problem with the RHO's.

I insist on wearing contacts and having perfect far vision when flying in case I have to rip off the goggles and got LOS in an emergency.
Jan 20, 2016, 12:54 PM
Still flying

Ordered for a week ago

Ralf will send the lens when he's back from a business trip . Hope the trip is a short one

Jorn
Jan 21, 2016, 03:03 PM
Premium Registered User
Just got my shipping confirmation
Jan 21, 2016, 04:41 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tortoise
Just got my shipping confirmation
Ditto!

Ken
Jan 22, 2016, 12:47 AM
Still flying
It's on it's way!

Jorn
Jan 22, 2016, 01:15 AM
Quarry Rat
Same here...
Jan 25, 2016, 08:40 AM
Just ordered these. I'm fed up messing with the cheaters and/or poor vision. I hope I'm not throwing good money after bad.
Jan 25, 2016, 11:58 AM
Premium Registered User
Mine arrived today I will report back later...
Jan 25, 2016, 12:01 PM
GT - All your experiences will be valuable input.
Jan 25, 2016, 12:37 PM
Still Screamin'!
Can't wit to hear your thoughts!
Jan 25, 2016, 04:02 PM
Premium Registered User
It's definitely sharper & clearer but I can only try it indoor so far as its night here & apparently we are expecting major rain tomorrow so I won't be getting out to test it just yet:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...n_9063572.html

Btw I'm 38 & had laser eye surgery about 10 years ago for short sight.
Jan 27, 2016, 02:05 PM
I also have a se of HP's. Although I am still using the lenses that came installed, I've often wished that the image was simply "crisper". Everything just seems a bit fuzzy. Will these new lenses help? Also, it would seem as if the joint (where the two lenses are glued together) would be an issue. Is this the case? One last concern- It appears as if the outside of the lenses are not the same shape as the internal dimensions of the HP's. Seems like there would be a significant "gap", especially in all 4 corners. Is this true, and does this cause any issues? Thanks,
Jan 27, 2016, 04:49 PM
I just ordered mine hoping these old eyes will really get to enjoy my headplays. Then.... I saw on RangeVideo the Carson lens and it says:
Carson Lens for HPHD:

Available in 1.75x/+3.00 diopter and in 2x/+4.00 diopter.

It cost $13.

I am not sure if I spent $37 too much????

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for so I really don't mind spending for quality.

I just wanted inform the masses....
Jan 27, 2016, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Hover
I just ordered mine hoping these old eyes will really get to enjoy my headplays. Then.... I saw on RangeVideo the Carson lens and it says:
Carson Lens for HPHD:

Available in 1.75x/+3.00 diopter and in 2x/+4.00 diopter.

It cost $13.

I am not sure if I spent $37 too much????

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for so I really don't mind spending for quality.

I just wanted inform the masses....

Thanks for the idea.

Looks like you can also get them even cheaper elsewhere. ($7.95)

http://www.flyfishingflyshop.com/pro...-175x-300.html

At that price I might as well try these with my Eyebox goggles.

Quick Reply