Jan 15, 2016, 10:05 AM
Quarry Rat
I found the small lines of the actual Fresnel lens to be very distracting during flight.

I've just placed my order so now the wait begins... :-D
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2016, 03:15 PM
Premium Registered User
Has anybody who has ordered these actually heard anything back ?
Jan 15, 2016, 03:32 PM
I don't recall if he sends order or shipping confirmation.
It's a low volume production process, so probably best to be very patient. (I know I know,
nobody is patient when it comes to FPV).
Jan 15, 2016, 04:06 PM
Premium Registered User
I guess I'm too used to eBay in getting some sort of confirmation or thank you for a private seller.

I posted on his Facebook page also.

Edit:

Sent a email now also...
Last edited by Giant Tortoise; Jan 16, 2016 at 06:15 AM.
Jan 17, 2016, 10:24 AM
Still Screamin'!
Might need a pair of these myself I will be eagerly awaiting the responses from those that ordered these! Mine are working fine now 3x readers but it is a pain to get them on and off at times especially in a hurry.
Jan 17, 2016, 03:04 PM
Premium Registered User
Just got a email its getting sent out on Thursday
Jan 17, 2016, 08:48 PM
SEMPER FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
If the stock lenses on the HPHD's are in focus for you, then there is no need for the RHO lens as it will make it blurry. These are really just for the guys who can't quite get the image in focus with the stock lenses.
Ooh really, well maybe I don;t need these then. I can see fine with the stock HPHD's when viewing my Inspire HD link, however with a SD quality cam it does look blurry compared to Fat Shark Dominator V1 Goggles in a side by side comparison test.
Jan 17, 2016, 10:48 PM
Quarry Rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tortoise
Just got a email its getting sent out on Thursday
Me too...
Jan 17, 2016, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR
Ooh really, well maybe I don;t need these then. I can see fine with the stock HPHD's when viewing my Inspire HD link, however with a SD quality cam it does look blurry compared to Fat Shark Dominator V1 Goggles in a side by side comparison test.
That's just because you're blowing up a low res SD image to a large FoV HD screen.
If it's sharp with an HD feed, then these lenses won't likely make it sharper, but
I still prefer this view because the focal point is at a more comfortable distance.
Jan 18, 2016, 08:57 AM

DPI value

does anyone know the diopter value of these lenses?
Jan 18, 2016, 08:49 PM
These look fantastic! I'm getting tired of fiddling around with reading glasses in order to use my Headplays... I'm in the Nashville area too, is there any chance I could drop by and have a look through them?
Jan 18, 2016, 10:41 PM
ab amicis auxilio parvulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2unit
does anyone know the diopter value of these lenses?
I thought somewhere it said the focal length of the RHO was about 420 mm which I believe calculates to a 2.4 diopter.
Jan 19, 2016, 04:57 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Just put my order in. Nice improvement over the fresnel. Looking to lose the readers.

Ken
Jan 19, 2016, 07:44 PM
I got a set of these for my HPHD's. They are awesome. They should come with RHO-Lenses out of the box
Jan 19, 2016, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
I got a set of these for my HPHD's. They are awesome. They should come with RHO-Lenses out of the box
In what way? I appreciate the back off of the FOV aspect but did you feel image was crisper? For me FOV is fine currently but crisper I could appreciate.

Quick Reply