May 27, 2016, 12:25 AM
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Red
I tried the RHO lens and at least in my experience, the Carson +5.00 lens was much better. It's easier to install and it completely covers the FOV of the LCD. It's also about 40 dollars cheaper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEpI-QBkBBo
glad this worked well for you.
every one's eyes are different.....
the RHO lens and the 3d printed frame was just perfect for me. YMMV

Jim Z
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2016, 12:29 AM
Team Crash
If anyone is looking for a RHO lens, I have one that is new, I tried it in my HMD and it didn't fix the issues I was having with focusing, I am willing to sell it. Send me a PM.
May 27, 2016, 08:58 AM
The red menace of the skies.
My problem with the RHO lens wasn't so much that it wasn't clear. My issue with it was that gap around the middle. I could not get it out of my view and it was very distracting. I also saw quite a bit of "pillowing" around the edges. The Carson lens didn't have those issues. I also cut the nose bridge down just a little. That thing was huge and always seemed to be part of the view. Now I have a very clear view and the focus is great. The nice thing about the Carson lens kit is that you can flip the zip ties back and forth and also run them behind the strap or in front of it so you have some adjustment to get it exactly where you need it. It also won't fall out. I clipped the locks off a set of zip ties and use them to lock the lens in place.
Last edited by Baron Von Red; May 27, 2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:52 PM
shah Id
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:57 PM
shah Id
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Jun 26, 2016, 05:38 PM

RHO is worth every cent!

I contacted RHO about purchasing lenses for my Headplay goggles after I saw a statement from the somewhere ( can't remember where I saw it) that they were selling lenses with tiny defects at a reduced price. Ralph contacted me, sent me a photo and quoted me a ridiculously low price, shipping included. I payed via PayPal and they arrived in a week or so. Installation was breeze and I'm seeing detail I never saw before! For me this has been a huge improvement. I'm 60 years old and wear contacts and now fly with or without my contacts in. Sweet!
Aug 04, 2016, 05:38 PM

RHO-Lens HPRO - High-Tech Optics for the Headplay HD

Hi,
my name is Ralf Homering. Last year I invented the RHO-Lens, which drastically improves the optics of the Headplay HD. Then me and my team developed prescription lenses for all Fatsharks. We listened carefully to our customers. And due to the overwhelming success of these products we decided to design a pro version for the Headplay, called HPRO, with a bunch of new features. Such as improved clarity and sharpness, easier installation, dustproofed, improved robustness, improved focus point, improved FOV and optional prescription lenses – to just mention a few.

If you are interested to read more and to get the first RHO-Lens HPRO with up to 43 % discount, then please take a look at our crowd funding campaign at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...d-fpv-goggle#/

Please take a look at our site (under construction) http://www.rho-lens.com and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RHO2Lens.

If you have any question about the HPRO, please post them on our Indiegogo page and we’ll do our best to answer a soon as possible.
Thanks,
Ralf
Aug 13, 2016, 05:44 PM
hi,
see my question:
I have SkyZone v2 goggles and headplay hd.
I've tried many cameras and all have low sharpness picture with HP but very sharpness with SkyZone googles.
when I take a screen picture or make a film with cell phone , directly from the headplay screen, the image obtained is perfect and beautiful, but if I look directly at the screen, the image quality is much poor(very noise and low sharpness). Can Someone explain ?

cell phone fix image problems and shows them perfect ?

see photo below made by mobile phone, excellent image but very different when I look at the HP screen.

sorry for my bad english (google translator)

Fabricio
Aug 23, 2016, 03:10 AM
Have copter, will travel!
Chalk me up as the original ones fixed my issue. Classic blurry, but pull away a few inches and it sharpens up on HeadPlay HD goggles.

The bridge did get in the way and cause distortions placing them where the instructions first indicated, but I moved them at least a quarter inch closer to my eyes and that cleared up the bridge distortion.

I can see the new design is set to tackle the ease of installation/cleaning and looks like the bridge distortion issue, I would just have concerns that my eye would catch some of that grey plastic. I'll read user reviews when the new one is in a lot of hands and see how it comes out.

Thanks for fixing my goggles
Sep 26, 2016, 08:07 PM
Will these fit SJ-V01 goggles?
Jun 06, 2017, 08:02 AM
Tried these lenses twice and both horribly blurred picture ..
I wear glasses but had 2 people with 20/20 vision check em out and they said it was a grainy blurry mess.
Dont understand how people say these clear up image.
It downgrades my image to a tv with rabbit ears in a hurricane.
Jun 06, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympley
Will these fit SJ-V01 goggles?
yes
Jun 18, 2017, 09:56 AM
In addition to Rho-Lens, i add Nooz glasses https://www.nooz-optics.com
It's perfect !
May 24, 2018, 05:39 PM
Very, Very late to this thread, but I'm having trouble finding an RHO lens that I don't have to buy from overseas. Both Range Video and getfpv are out of stock. Anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one?
May 24, 2018, 06:59 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdigla666
It downgrades my image to a tv with rabbit ears in a hurricane.
i know this comment was almost a year ago but it just made me choke of my food lol, i cracked up when i read it

Quick Reply