May 20, 2019, 03:36 PM
I'm picking up one of these this week.
wondering how it flys in comparison to the p47 and p51. I've got both and love them. hoping this one is as good.
I had the spitfire but sold it before I flew it due to the narrow landing gear.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2019, 05:43 PM
I have the P47 and the Corsair. The Corsair is more difficult to handle on takeoff. Sometimes it goes left drastically and the next time it doesn't. It also will jump off the ground in a strong head wind before the plane is really ready to fly and will stall. That said I have about 50+ flights on both and fly them both often. My "goto" plane is the 1.2M T-28. I takes off and flies like it is on rails and slows down to a crawl for landings. Just picked up a new one at a great price for a backup.
May 20, 2019, 06:30 PM
good to know. I'm going to get it and give it a try
I will go back and read this entire thread to see what I might need to do. prob go with a 12-13× 8-10 2blade.
May 20, 2019, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug14
good to know. I'm going to get it and give it a try
I will go back and read this entire thread to see what I might need to do. prob go with a 12-13× 8-10 2blade.
I am running the 2 blade on mine but don't remember the size.
May 20, 2019, 08:24 PM
flyin' Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
I have the P47 and the Corsair. The Corsair is more difficult to handle on takeoff. Sometimes it goes left drastically and the next time it doesn't. It also will jump off the ground in a strong head wind before the plane is really ready to fly and will stall.
The Truth! A strong crosswind from the left is brutal. Don't use flaps for takeoff until you have her mastered - you'll get up too soon and spiral in. But this plane is worth the challenge.

My favorite prop for stock setup on 4S is 11x8.5 APC. You can get away with 11x10 if you manage the throttle and improve the cooling a bit but a bigger ESC will give you some headroom. APC makes black props so just paint the tips yellow and it looks good taxiing in

Have fun. Mine is over 3 years old now and still looks and flies great.
May 21, 2019, 10:20 AM
I put a 60-70amp esc in all my eflite stuff. 4s and 11-13" props . I dial it through temps . I run ar6600t telemetry rx in all my stuff also . so I get voltage and temp reading every 15-20sec until I get them dialed . I recently moved my way in p51 to the center of the plane and drop 10-15deg .
May 21, 2019, 12:17 PM
Does it have invasion stripes?
I’m flying mine with the stock motor, stock ESC, and stock 4-blade prop.
I’ve flown it with a HRB 4s 2600 30c pack. I cruise around mostly scale at about 2/3 throttle. Once per flight, I’ll go WOT full vertical then cut to zero and gradually increase to 1/2 throttle.

Am I okay, or headed for trouble?
May 21, 2019, 06:16 PM
You're probably fine.
I ran mine stock on 4s for quite a while.
The only issue was that my batteries came in warm. I went to 2700 50c and all is well.
May 21, 2019, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
I’m flying mine with the stock motor, stock ESC, and stock 4-blade prop.
I’ve flown it with a HRB 4s 2600 30c pack. I cruise around mostly scale at about 2/3 throttle. Once per flight, I’ll go WOT full vertical then cut to zero and gradually increase to 1/2 throttle.

Am I okay, or headed for trouble?
I think you are fine. I am all stock, running 4s 3300. Same I run in my spitfire and P51. I definitely use a lot of throttle and never a problem in 3 years
May 21, 2019, 10:50 PM
flyin' Dude
I agree you’re probably fine. Seems this power package fights above its weight. The new ones this size are advertised as 4s capable with the same motor and ESC. I push mine pretty hard so I feel better with some headroom but I don’t recall any failures of the stock setup. If someone goes down in flames �� please post up ;-)
May 22, 2019, 07:22 AM
Fights above its weight
I like that term.
May 22, 2019, 12:24 PM
Does it have invasion stripes?
AS3X and 4s worked well this morning in a nasty, gusty wind from an approaching storm. Although only 10-12 MPH, it gusted beyond that. The Corsair weather-vaned so much on the ground, I couldn't turn a 180 attempting to taxi. Instead, I did a short takeoff heading into the strong (for San Diego at least) West wind. Wind like this is so rare here that I'm not accustomed to it. Although I cut the flight short by a minute, the cells were barely above LVC after landing.

My reliable "can & bottle gatherer" buddy was there right on time at 07:00 to see it...

AS3X put to the test today (4 min 9 sec)
May 23, 2019, 10:50 AM
does anyone have a spm file for this plane for the dx6 g3? as3x .
I'd like to have 2 profiles.
thanks

nvm
gotta love horizion. I called the didn't have one. but the tech said he would make one for me and email it within 15min.
Last edited by doug14; May 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM.
May 23, 2019, 09:09 PM
decided to yank the rx and esc tonight before flying it. so installed my 70amp trust and ar6600t . hopefully maiden flight tomorrow after work on 4s. start with 2500mah then try 4000mah.
May 25, 2019, 06:27 AM
maiden went good. was suprised at how much it wondered on taxi and take off .needs massive rudder to keep it straight. the 4000mah 4s wasn't too bad either. so it's now my second favorite plane after the p47. after 7 flights I was able to land it smooth and straight. .
my way temps were a little hot so I opened up plastic engine area and the vent hole on the under side of use. needs more air flow

Quick Reply