Jan 08, 2016, 04:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

airplane servos for steering servos?

Hello,

A friend of mine gave me a large container full of different sized airplane servos. I was wondering if I could use any as a steering servo, is there a big difference between the two?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2016, 06:44 AM
Suspended Account
a servo is a servo. size does matter..http://www.servodatabase.com/

speed
torque
size
internal gears plastic /metal
Jan 08, 2016, 09:41 AM
The most important is digital, metal gears, and size nothing else unless you are using something that requires quick speed or torque like a heli tail or a huge RC ground vehicle.
Jan 08, 2016, 11:33 AM
Thread OP
Kool thank ya gents , I just checked and a few are the same as the ones on my ECX Temper 1/18, just wanted to know in case it ever breaks
Jan 09, 2016, 11:07 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by losi man
size does matter

couldn't help the reference on this, but yeah always double check measurements to make sure it will fit... I only buy metal gear servos, no exception and I also buy the fastest servo that I can reasonably afford. I'd go through the collection of servos and sift through the good one's that are worth keeping.
Jan 09, 2016, 11:33 AM
Suspended Account
more than likely none of these servos will be usable in a RC ground vehicle..as they are not strong enough to hold a turn..
Jan 09, 2016, 11:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by losi man
more than likely none of these servos will be usable in a RC ground vehicle..as they are not strong enough to hold a turn..
I have 3 in the pile that are the exact same size as the one in my 1/18 ruckus
Jan 10, 2016, 01:29 AM
Suspended Account
great same sizze . but when the oem did 20 ounce of torque and same size does 3 not so good. i gave you a link.use it the let me know about size.
Jan 10, 2016, 11:29 PM
Thread OP
All Blue Birds BMS631 and I was wrong there is 4 of them. Seems like they are used in drift cars alot I thought they were airplane servos because my bud is a model airplane guy

Quick Reply