Jan 11, 2016, 09:57 PM
Ali,

From what you know about the dimensions of this. How possible would it be to install a second tank for a smoke system?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2016, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Ali,

From what you know about the dimensions of this. How possible would it be to install a second tank for a smoke system?
If you do away with the front seat then yes its doable.
Jan 11, 2016, 10:05 PM
Thank you very much. I will wait until it arrives to work on plan for equipment and installation.
Jan 12, 2016, 04:38 AM
MaineFlyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Machinchy

Go for the 20 twin. I would love to see how it works out. Worst case scenario. A new cowling is only an order away

Happy to help when I can and yes. Very proud!

Regards Ali
Now why didn't I think of that! Just might do it. Back considering the RCGF 21 twin.

Joe
Jan 12, 2016, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mach
I am not sure if this is any use? But.. Measurements of the battery / fuel tank bay are..

5" Wide ( From one sidewall of fuselage to the other )
2.5" Tall ( From cockpit floor to bottom edge of dashboard )
7 3/4 " Long ( From rear face of firewall to where I have the front seat glued in.... this is variable be end user )

I just thought this might help those looking at different battery options? Please consider this is the total area of the bay. No mounting/ Velcro or securing straps of any sort.

Regards Ali
Hell yeah Ali, that info is awesome. Buckets of space for my 7000mAh battery and my custom carrier. I believe one of my current designs will suffice so no need to mess with Velcro - hate the stuff

I will just print up a small peg & lock for the front seat so easy in and out - assuming I can still fit it once COG is set with the bigger battery. Can't wait for this model to arrive.

I second what Fish said. Your engagement with us is something I have just not come across before from a manufacturer. Really appreciate you taking the time.
Jan 12, 2016, 06:00 AM

Here we go!

Here we go!
Jan 12, 2016, 08:34 AM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
Cool smoke!
Jan 12, 2016, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarBroRC
Hell yeah Ali, that info is awesome. Buckets of space for my 7000mAh battery and my custom carrier. I believe one of my current designs will suffice so no need to mess with Velcro - hate the stuff

I will just print up a small peg & lock for the front seat so easy in and out - assuming I can still fit it once COG is set with the bigger battery. Can't wait for this model to arrive.

I second what Fish said. Your engagement with us is something I have just not come across before from a manufacturer. Really appreciate you taking the time.

Please keep us posted as you progress with this. I am keen to see your solution. I am with you on Velcro.
No problem for the help. This is all new to me and I am super proud/ keen.
I also thought it might be nice to stand by my product and help answer any questions that come up. I used to be really active on RC forums for years, but gradually faded away from using them as they turned into battles of opinions or war of words. Its great to be on them again and hopefully being of help in some way?
I hope it continues like this like and I hope I have the time and the energy to keep this theme running on other models I develop for Hangar 9 and Horizon Hobby.?

Regards Ali
Jan 12, 2016, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Cool smoke!
... an come back like this
Jan 12, 2016, 10:19 AM
NICE !! Not sure about the missing U/C fairings
Jan 13, 2016, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Please keep us posted as you progress with this. I am keen to see your solution. I am with you on Velcro.
No problem, will do.

Quote:
I used to be really active on RC forums for years, but gradually faded away from using them as they turned into battles of opinions or war of words.
Exactly. Glad to see this thread has not gone that way
Jan 13, 2016, 12:44 PM
Curious if anyone know of a gas four stroke twin that would work in this model. Something 20-30 cc. That would be really nice.
Jan 13, 2016, 02:30 PM
Same Day Delivery
No O. E. gas four stroke twins out period.
Jan 13, 2016, 02:34 PM
I know this is a odd question but any of you that have per-ordered, did they charge your card or will they wait until its ready to be shipped? I'm looking to get one but cant touch my card for a month
Jan 13, 2016, 02:47 PM
Horizon has never charged my card till it shipped.

Quick Reply