HANGAR 9 Carbon Cub 15 cc - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2016, 02:20 AM
New Product

HANGAR 9 Carbon Cub 15 cc

Another new plane this is all i could find at this point in time!

On to the great adventure is with the HANGAR 9 Carbon Cub 15 cc. In the modern timber construction with 2,28 m wingspan is the love in the detail. Scale-details such as magnetic secured cockpit doors, decoration, land of headlamps and scale-Spinner worried for the typical and unmistakable carbon cub-look. Also impressive short aircraft and slow landings are thanks to the low wing loading and the functional work no problem. Even the shock-chassis with the big balloon tires is just typical carbon cub.
Who still wants to be a little bit more, in addition to the new 1/5-Swimmer and spins a few laps on respectively. On the lake

cheers chuck
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2016, 11:18 AM
DFS#000178
Another Cub from Horizon?

Shocking!

It's pretty, but it's $360 for a 60-size Cub ARF...

Where's the battery hatch?
Jan 08, 2016, 12:14 PM
Horizon Hobby
The battery is installed through the two opening doors on the side of the fuselage.
Jan 08, 2016, 05:19 PM
Same Day Delivery
360 seems to be Horizons new benchmark price for 60 size (20cc) wood ARF's

Looks to be a real sweetheart thou, scale detail abounds

Add another one to the list !

Manual not up on Horizions site yet, anyone have a link?

Wish I had a 120ish Saito twin.
Last edited by mike3976; Jan 08, 2016 at 05:30 PM.
Jan 08, 2016, 05:50 PM
I am slowly making the change from electric to gas.
Any thoughts if the Saito FG-17 would go well in this
or be underpowered?
Jan 08, 2016, 07:24 PM
Very cool, try and build one for that price! Light too.
Joe
Jan 08, 2016, 08:13 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
I like it... it looks great. I'm even willing to stomach the price on account of the nice landing gear and reasonably complete interior.

But at the same time... ANOTHER CUB?? Holy cow.

-J
Jan 08, 2016, 08:39 PM
I wish I'd known this was coming out. I wouldn't have shoehorned my Evo 15gx into a swap meet H9 Piper Pawnee.
Jan 08, 2016, 09:57 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
I am very interested to see how a 20 cc EVO would fit in this. The "background" video from Horizon states it will fit up to the EVO 20 cc motor and I happen to have one sitting in my shop looking for a home sooooo ...

Interesting Cub. I know HH puts out lots of variations on this theme, but I have yet to get one so this is actually interesting me.

Ali,

Thanks for posting on the Forum, and great looking plane. Congrats on your first project with HH. Can you say whether the EVO 20 cc motor will fit in cowl, like the 15 cc, or would the cowl have to be opened up for the top of the cylinder / plug? I saw from the pics that the engine is mounted sideways so that would mean the RIGHT side of the cowl being cut open, would look far less clean that the 15 cc looks if you have to cut.

Thanks,

Marlin
Last edited by Fish99; Jan 09, 2016 at 01:57 AM.
Jan 08, 2016, 09:58 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!

Behind The Scenes Video

Here is the Behind the scenes video link.

Marlin

Behind the Scenes: Carbon Cub 15cc ARF (3 min 39 sec)
Jan 09, 2016, 12:42 AM
I happen to have a G60, 60 amp esc and 6 HS-5465MGs on hand... Stay tuned as I fire sale everything I don't plan on flying in 6 months.
Jan 09, 2016, 12:43 AM
Any idea of the release date?
Jan 09, 2016, 02:16 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mach
The battery is installed through the two opening doors on the side of the fuselage.
Thanks. But does that mean you can't have a detailed interior if you want to fly it electric?

Can you give us any photos of the battery bay (assuming it's just the fuel tank area?) before the manual's available?

Honestly I think I would've preferred a hatch on the bottom to having to load batteries through the doors.

The pre-routed LEDs are pretty cool though.

I had been thinking about a Seagull Maule. But this wouldn't cost a lot more to get in the air and it does look good. Even if it is another Cub.
Jan 09, 2016, 08:51 AM
Just Plane Nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gva1956
Any idea of the release date?
Looks like mid March. HH is offering a 10% discount code for preorders, but only good for January, I have everything except the motor, so that would be a consideration. At 11+ lbs, this will NOT be a hot 3D plane on 6S5000, I'm thinking 1200-1400 watts max. I looked at a lot of motor / prop combinations including the Power 90 and several Hacker A50s, and the Eflite 470 kv Power 60 is the best bet.

I have the Hanger9 1/4 scale Cub (Power 110) and the 8S5000 batteries will fit in the tank area, ahead of the front seat, leaving the interior complete with a pilot in the rear seat. Loading the batteries thru the side door is not a big deal.
Last edited by Louierc; Jan 09, 2016 at 09:03 AM.
Jan 09, 2016, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gva1956
I am slowly making the change from electric to gas.
Any thoughts if the Saito FG-17 would go well in this
or be underpowered?
I am sure it will fly with the FG17. It all depends what you are looking for in terms of performance? With the Evolution 15 it has more performance than scale. Capable of non scale aerobatic manoeuvres, and easily operates from water with the extra drag of the floats. So for general sport/ cub style flying I am sure the 17 would suffice.