Jan 07, 2016, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

CMP Extra 300 ARF I need some advice...

Will a Supertigre 3000 pull this sucker around? Has anyone built one? I tried an extra 300 on the Great planes flight simulator. I love the way it flew. It was a lot of fun and i wanted a big plane and found this discontinued ARF on craiglist. I have the supertigre on the shelf. I also have a 3250 but i thini that's too big and it is mounted in a walt moucha Marquart Charger. Anyway, any advice?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2016, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng8264723

Will a Supertigre 3000 pull this sucker around? Has anyone built one? I tried an extra 300 on the Great planes flight simulator. I love the way it flew. It was a lot of fun and i wanted a big plane and found this discontinued ARF on craiglist. I have the supertigre on the shelf. I also have a 3250 but i thini that's too big and it is mounted in a walt moucha Marquart Charger. Anyway, any advice?
I don't own the plane but if the plane you have is the 73" version your ST 3000 should work fine. When assembled if added nose weight is required to get cg correct I would consider the other engine, My $.02

Regards

Dennis
Jan 09, 2016, 12:30 PM
It will be a whole lot cheaper at this size engine to go gas. I went gas 6 or 7 years ago I won't go back to glow. I can mix 5 gallons of gas for about the same price as a gallon of glow fuel
Jan 11, 2016, 08:29 PM

cmp extra 300

I had this plane. It was an ok plane. I had a O.S. 160 on mine. This plane dresses out kinda heavy and has a tendency to snap when it slows down, like a lot of these I guess.
I had to recover mine after a while because the shelf paper that was on it kept coming off, hence the different cove rdesign...
The S.T. 3000 or 3250 either would be great but it is very important that you try to eliminate engines outages... I.E. make sure the engine is running real good before you take off. Happy flying.

Quick Reply