Mar 16, 2017, 01:19 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingrock
Do you know if this PixRacer has an ADC port like the PX4? I noticed it mentioned on the Pixhawk modules site here, but found no mention of it in the manuals.

Not as far as I know

Latest blog entry: Herelink 600mw Mod
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 01:31 PM
WJH
WJH
A Humbled Pilot
So what is the conclusion of this board? Is it trouble free? I am very gun shy from px4 based boards based on my last experience from the PX4mini attrocity.
Mar 16, 2017, 03:39 PM
The user manual may be of value to you. I have 2 of them, one on a mini quad and one on a Rover. And I have several other Pixhawk variants on other craft to compare it to. As has been stated the hardware is different than Pixhawk which has required the Arducopter Dev's (and PX4 stack for that matter) to address issues that arise specific to Pixracer. But they have done so with regular firmware releases. They just fixed an issue with the WiF radio for example that had cropped up in a previous release. I'm happy with the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJH
So what is the conclusion of this board? Is it trouble free? I am very gun shy from px4 based boards based on my last experience from the PX4mini attrocity.
Mar 16, 2017, 03:44 PM
A rock that floats
Thanks -- how would I be able to connect my analog airspeed sensor on here without an ADC?
Mar 16, 2017, 03:46 PM
I believe you will need an I2C airspeed sensor. Check out the AUAV site, they have some info on options.

Quote:
Thanks -- how would I be able to connect my analog airspeed sensor on here without an ADC?
Last edited by dkemxr; Mar 16, 2017 at 03:51 PM.
Mar 16, 2017, 08:59 PM
Quote:
You will need a Pixhawk/PX4 digital airspeed sensor and an i2c hub (so you can connect an external compass as well). AUAV have them or they are widely available on ebay.
Mar 17, 2017, 04:30 AM
A rock that floats
Thanks -- I've ordered one. In the mean time, will try and use an Analog to Digital convertor to connect to the i2c hub and see if it works.

If you have any tips, would love to hear em
Mar 17, 2017, 08:13 AM
AutoPilot .
Juste sayin , you can fly in wind , and land accuratly even without airspeed sensor , sometime , simple setup is better for safety and less hassle preflight calibration .
Mar 18, 2017, 09:38 AM
Interestingly I was reading over on the Ardupilot forum that an analog airspeed sensor can be used on Pixracer by using the RSSI input and setting the ARSPD_PIN parameter to 11. Learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Thanks -- I've ordered one. In the mean time, will try and use an Analog to Digital convertor to connect to the i2c hub and see if it works.

If you have any tips, would love to hear em
Mar 19, 2017, 10:30 PM
Hello again to pixracer users
Found a few hours this weekend and completed upgrading my 280 quad from a mini apm to a pixracer.

The mini apm was working flawlessly with an orange 100mw RX flashed with ULRS.
Not so much with the new installed pixracer. It appears I no longer can get a ppm signal to the pixracer. Mission planner shows no RC connection. I have upgraded the pixracer to 3.4.6

Searching the pixracer forums, it appears others had this issue. Someone suggested the problem was fixed with software. I'm running the latest copter so I'm not sure this is the problem or not.

I have checked my wiring a dozen time. I have the RX ppm connected to the RCin on the racer. There is a common ground to the RX from the pixracer.
Suggestion to fix my problem are appreciated.
Last edited by jjhdtv; Mar 19, 2017 at 10:40 PM. Reason: more info
Mar 19, 2017, 10:42 PM
update - I connected the pixracer to a Tgy FS-iA10 RX (configured for ppm) and I was able to pass 8 channels to the pixracer (so the pixracer works with the receiver but not the orange 433mhz)
Mar 20, 2017, 07:45 AM
As I posted over on the ULRS thread I have no problem with the Orange modules running ULRS with the Pixracer. It's running Rover now but it was 16 channel functional with Copter also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhdtv
update - I connected the pixracer to a Tgy FS-iA10 RX (configured for ppm) and I was able to pass 8 channels to the pixracer (so the pixracer works with the receiver but not the orange 433mhz)
Mar 20, 2017, 10:12 AM
A rock that floats
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
Interestingly I was reading over on the Ardupilot forum that an analog airspeed sensor can be used on Pixracer by using the RSSI input and setting the ARSPD_PIN parameter to 11. Learn something new everyday.
Wow, let me try that now! Any idea how all the different inputs on the pixracer map to the groundstation pin settings? (i.e. how ARSPD_PIN = 11 corresponds to RSSI)
Mar 20, 2017, 10:43 AM
Good question, actually no. I have Pixracers running Rover and Copter and an APM running Plane but not a PixRacer running Plane. Like you I would have to try it out and determine if the information is valid.

Quote:
Wow, let me try that now! Any idea how all the different inputs on the Pixcacer map to the ground station pin settings? (i.e. how ARSPD_PIN = 11 corresponds to RSSI)
Mar 20, 2017, 10:54 AM
AutoPilot .
I have two plane with pixracer , Digital airspeed is working fine with an l2c splitter , although iam not using it .

Quick Reply