Mar 19, 2016, 09:29 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzyguy01
WOW!!! Those pics were absolutely amazing...Nice photography...Always wanted to drive my boat and fly in front and beside me! Ill trade you a day on my boat for a day on yours with the RC Birds!! Super cool!
I usually land My Inspire Quad on the yellow deck at the lake!
Oh man! That yellow deck is awesome & looks faaaast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomburg2
I'm getting a little close to having enough saved in my bank account so far to buy one just need a few more weeks
Suweet! I think you will like it. It's really stable & looks great in the air.

to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2016, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55
Nice
Glo- thanks for the info..I think the one you got is perfect..mine was pulling around 340 watts and on the water it needed a little more...for me...put let us know your numbers...

I received the 10X6X3 Flyzone Focke Wolf prop from Tower this morning and ran a test and although the numbers are very close to those with the MAS 11X7X3 the difference that stood out to me was the ESC temp. The 10X6X3 looks like it allows the ESC to run about 10-15 degrees cooler and I ran the test for 6 full minutes as opposed to 5 minutes on the 11X7X3. I used the same 4S, 2200 mAh, 25C battery as was used on the earlier tests. Here are the #'s on the 10X6X3 prop

430-450 watts, 31-34 amps at WOT
107-120 watts, 07-10 amps at 1/2 throttle.

ESC finished up at approx 107 degrees F. after 6 mins.

Bottom line..............the 10X6X3 and 11X7X3 both produce plenty of power for short field performance and water takeoffs so either should IMO, be a good choice if one prefers a 3 blade prop to achieve a scale appearance.

Cheers
Steve
Mar 27, 2016, 01:30 PM
I have one issue. The servo pushrods that retracts the nose gear keeps popping off. Anyone else have this issue and a fix. The main gear are great.
Mar 27, 2016, 03:31 PM
No , not on mine...but I am not real happy with the water take offs...I changed the prop and have good power but I can get the wings level but a full speed it will vear right quickly and can not keep her straight..I found out that the nose door was causeing the problem..put tape on the doors and it now goes straight... It flys fine but takes me forever to get off on the water....
Mar 27, 2016, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce schneider
I have one issue. The servo pushrods that retracts the nose gear keeps popping off. Anyone else have this issue and a fix. The main gear are great.
Yes I put a small zip tie around the wire rod and plastic. It was falling off very easy but hasn't since. Now I can see the front shock actually compress on bumps if I'm taxing around quickly. I also put 2" Dubro threaded low bounce tires all around which help tremendously to take out even more unwanted ground vibrations.
Mar 27, 2016, 10:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55
No , not on mine...but I am not real happy with the water take offs...I changed the prop and have good power but I can get the wings level but a full speed it will vear right quickly and can not keep her straight..I found out that the nose door was causeing the problem..put tape on the doors and it now goes straight... It flys fine but takes me forever to get off on the water....
Do you use full flaps for take offs?
Mar 28, 2016, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkamdahl
Yes I put a small zip tie around the wire rod and plastic. It was falling off very easy but hasn't since. Now I can see the front shock actually compress on bumps if I'm taxing around quickly. I also put 2" Dubro threaded low bounce tires all around which help tremendously to take out even more unwanted ground vibrations.
I actually bent a more acute angle to the rod that goes into nose gear control horn. Works great now. I like the small vibration (shock absorbers) on the nose. Not too stiff and more protective.
Apr 09, 2016, 04:11 PM
I'll try anything once!

Question

My water rudder broke in two by accident and I see you can buy a replacement. Any idea on how to remove the broken one and install the new one?
Apr 11, 2016, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thacherd
My water rudder broke in two by accident and I see you can buy a replacement. Any idea on how to remove the broken one and install the new one?
This is just a guess on my part and probably not what you want to hear but from what I can see it looks to me that the water rudder assembly, including the housing has to be separated from the fuse. I don't know how well the housing is glued into the fuse but I would guess the best way to start is by using an exacto knife or some similar sharp object to gently and slowly cut the seal between the housing and the fuse in order to remove the water rudder assy and go from there. Good luck.

Cheers
Steve
Apr 12, 2016, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce schneider
I had the same problem. I see someone suggested a zip tie and that sounds like a good idea as well. I used a short section of fuel line and slipped it over the pushrod and plastic keeper. Dabbed on a bit of silicone to keep it from moving and has not come loose again.
Apr 21, 2016, 08:37 PM
PA Team Pilot
I think I have to have one of these for the pond at Nall this year.
I have a 610C rx in my tidewater. For this model I'm counting 7ch: Throttle, Ail, Ele, Rud, Flap, Gear, Lights are the lights always on with this model ? or can these be switched via the rx =6ch?
Last edited by kohersh; Apr 21, 2016 at 09:19 PM.
Apr 21, 2016, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
I believe the lights and flaps are always on or tied together in some way.
Apr 22, 2016, 07:56 AM
I was not that pleased with its water performance..Even with a 4 cell and different prop, stock was pulling too much...I had trouble takeing off..Just not that happy with her...
Apr 22, 2016, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
Are you using flaps on take-off???
Apr 22, 2016, 05:46 PM
Has anyone found a way to get some air circulation through the cabin to help cool the ESC?
I measured the ESC Temperature after a flight the other day and it was 181 degrees F. The flight was made with Stock setup at about 2/3 throttle. for 5,5 minutes. Ambient Temp. was 70 F.
I really think the ESC should have been installed in the motor pod to receive some airflow.
Thoughts anyone?

Quick Reply