Mar 10, 2016, 10:41 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
A few more!

Beautiful! makes me want the plane even more its just too bad i already spent some money on a new FMS mustang. I guess she will have to wait a bit longer
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2016, 10:45 PM
Thread OP
Nice pics....and it isn't even summer ��
Mar 10, 2016, 11:32 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomburg2
Beautiful! makes me want the plane even more its just too bad i already spent some money on a new FMS mustang. I guess she will have to wait a bit longer
Thanks! You will dig the Seawind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2
Nice pics....and it isn't even summer ��
It was 84 degrees here in Phoenix today. Kinda' makes me worry about the summer temps cause it's right around the corner!
Mar 13, 2016, 08:23 AM
I did my water maiden yesterday and it went ok..I had to learn how to keep those wing tips out of the water if not I could not get enough speed and it would turn sharply..Once I got the wings out of the water and could use the rudder to turn her, she took off fine...I had decided to change the prop to an apc 10 x 4.5..thats what I had and it gave me about 100 more watts and the same amp. on a 4 cell...esc. was fine...but even with a little more power it took longer than I thought for a take off..I might go get a 6 pitch for a little more power...In the air its fine...Landing was a breeze....I did get a little water ...I think because I was taxie around a lot to learn to get the wings out of the water.. Overall I like her ..I think its a good transition bird .Just a little more learning curve than most but acceptable
Mar 13, 2016, 09:58 AM
Glad to hear that the 4S worked out for you with the prop change and that the "wet" maiden went well. I re-tested my Seawind yesterday (static test) again with a 4S, 2200, 25C and the MAS 11X7X3 prop and ran it for a full 5 minutes again at about 1/2 throttle with maybe 5 or 6 full throttle bursts and the ESC, although warm, never got "hot" to the touch. My watt meter again showed pretty consistent readings of around 8-10 amp draws at 1/2 throttle and around 150 watts and 30 or so amps and 450ish watts at full throttle. I am really looking forward to seeing how this combo works out in the air where the load is less than the static test.

Cheers
Steve
Mar 13, 2016, 03:13 PM
Sounds perfect..could you give a link for that prop?
Thanks...Mine is like 340 watts and would like a little more...Good amp draw on yours....
Mar 13, 2016, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55
Sounds perfect..could you give a link for that prop?
Thanks...Mine is like 340 watts and would like a little more...Good amp draw on yours....
Tower Hobbies shows to have them in stock. I'm sure other other shops carry them too but Tower has their "Super Saver" shipping, $1.99
I have ordered the 10X6X3 from the Flyzone Focke Wolf and am going to try it as well but here is the link for the MAS 11X7X3 from Tower.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAA35&P=7

Cheers
Steve
Last edited by NoMoGlo; Mar 13, 2016 at 03:40 PM.
Mar 13, 2016, 09:09 PM
Got my sea wind very fast from tower hobbies at $200 shipped
Very impressed with the build quality especially the plastic hinges. My biggest gripe is the flex of the tail / motor mount but not a huge deal. I needed to reglue a wing tip after a hard landing. I built my own battery tray behind the servos so I can used my 5300 mah 3s. I also laminated the wings and elevator With 5 mil. The CG was perfect with this setup. It was a bit breezy for the maiden but even with the extra weight it handled and performed very well. I got to do both land and "sea" landings and takeoffs. Although the pond was so shallow and small I didn't have room to taxi around much in the h20. Seemed to have decent power but will probably switch to 4s after I add my FPV equipment. I plan to laminate the foam bottom to prevent gashes and dings. After the flight I mixed in 25% rudder to the ailerons although it didn't require much rudder for perfect turns. I also added in 10% down elevator to my 3 position flap switch. Very happy so far with this beautiful bird

2nd day flights. Did some landing and touch and go practice on pavement at approx 10 mph winds. i Was getting very quick take offs on the 3s 5300 mah battery with half or full flaps. Also was getting some very steep slow landings' had one wing stall drop on one landing but the plane was basically stopped in the air just a few feet up so no damage. I really like the suspension for the imperfect landings. The wings like to touch the ground on landing if it's not close to perfectly level. The 5 mil laminate is a must on these winglets IMO. I will probably install rubber tires to get further shock absorption. My next step is to install my eagle tree vecor flight controller and FPV equipment.
Last edited by clarkamdahl; Mar 15, 2016 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Update
Mar 14, 2016, 07:35 AM
Nice
Glo- thanks for the info..I think the one you got is perfect..mine was pulling around 340 watts and on the water it needed a little more...for me...put let us know your numbers...
Last edited by sanman55; Mar 14, 2016 at 07:43 AM.
Mar 15, 2016, 02:18 PM
I had a 11 x 10 prop and it turned out to be perfect..Puts out 475 watts at around 35 amps...wot...but fly around on 1/2 throttle...Esc. is around 110 degrees...and at over 8 min. of airtime still had 62 per cent left in the battery
Cg is perfect ..and so is power band...hope to see the lake fly in a wk. or two...I am likeing her more every day
Mar 15, 2016, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55
I had a 11 x 10 prop and it turned out to be perfect..Puts out 475 watts at around 35 amps...wot...but fly around on 1/2 throttle...Esc. is around 110 degrees...and at over 8 min. of airtime still had 62 per cent left in the battery
Cg is perfect ..and so is power band...hope to see the lake fly in a wk. or two...I am likeing her more every day
Sounds great sanman. What mAh is the 4S you're using? If you said before, I missed it.

Cheers
Steve
Mar 16, 2016, 07:59 AM
Using a 2800 mah 40 c battery...Yep, I think I found the right combo for me...I still have a little down in the elevator..like 1/8 or less
Puts my cg right at the forward mark,,1 3/4.. that's where she likes to be..battery weight is around 10-11 oz..use different weight batterys...
Mar 16, 2016, 01:11 PM
Quote:

It was 84 degrees here in Phoenix today. Kinda' makes me worry about the summer temps cause it's right around the corner!
WOW!!! Those pics were absolutely amazing...Nice photography...Always wanted to drive my boat and fly in front and beside me! Ill trade you a day on my boat for a day on yours with the RC Birds!! Super cool!
I usually land My Inspire Quad on the yellow deck at the lake!
Mar 16, 2016, 02:48 PM
Here's a few pics of my Seawind with the Dynam Seawind decals I ordered after the stock decals started to come off. So far I have not been able to find a source for the decals that come on the Flyzone model.

Cheers
Steve
Last edited by NoMoGlo; Mar 16, 2016 at 06:04 PM.
Mar 19, 2016, 06:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

I'm getting a little close to having enough saved in my bank account so far to buy one just need a few more weeks

Quick Reply