Oct 20, 2016, 09:35 PM

how to fix nightowl plus?

i have a low lux nightowl plus named camera. last night i connected possitive to negative, negative to possitive. now it won't work. is there any way to fix it. help.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2016, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
I have the original Owl and the shape of the case is going to cause problems. Is there any STL files to make it more like an hs1177 or Owl plus case?

OR.. is there a way to disassemble it and put the guts into an hs1177 case, which I have plenty of?
Here's an adapter someone put on thingiverse for original Owl into hs1177 size. I printed a few in Ninjaflex and have been happy. Have not tried ABS or Nylon.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1409993
Oct 21, 2016, 09:25 PM
Not a six pack
Dude! You're a lifesaver, I was seriously thinking about taking it apart. Thanks!
Oct 22, 2016, 09:19 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkhjargal
i have a low lux nightowl plus named camera. last night i connected possitive to negative, negative to possitive. now it won't work. is there any way to fix it. help.
Sorry man, what you basically did is use reversed polarity on a unprotected circuit. I've done this with a couple cameras and surprisingly they still worked after putting proper polarity. But that was because i noticed it smoking and immediately pulled the plug. Sorry to say, if yours was wired up for any length of time and powered on. Chances are something fried.
Oct 22, 2016, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
Dude! You're a lifesaver, I was seriously thinking about taking it apart. Thanks!
Np glad it helped someone.
Dec 30, 2016, 05:44 PM
Need Help,

Have a question about mounting and focusing the Run Cam Owl to my Vortex 250.

I cannot get the camera to come into focus. If I screw in the lens without the black threaded spacer, I can get a clear picture with the lens screwed in to about 1-2 mm. of the end. If I put in the threaded spacer, I cannot screw it in far enough to get the same clear picture. The threaded spacer is too thick to get the lens to focus

Om the Fatshark cameras, the threaded spacer is used to "Lock" the camera into correct focusing position against the outer ring. On the Run Cam Owl, I cannot get the same effect. Is there a trick here ?

Also, the camera is getting quite hot when being plugged into the Vortex. Is something wrong here ?

Thanks

Cary
Last edited by Cary Pond; Dec 30, 2016 at 07:29 PM.
Nov 12, 2017, 09:52 PM
Can we run the power wire up to the 3.3v Spektrum hole ? Or is it to dangerous?
Nov 13, 2017, 08:59 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBaadger
Can we run the power wire up to the 3.3v Spektrum hole ? Or is it to dangerous?
I assume your talking about the 3.3v for the Spektrum Satellite? If your not using it for something else, I think that should work. But you'll want to make sure that the 3.3v regulator has enough current to run the camera before flying it. Cameras don't use a whole hell of a lot of power. But every FC is different and some of the regulators used might not power some cameras depending on demand of the camera. But just trying it out should be fairly safe. If the voltage regulator can't output the current you need. The camera just won't be working. It shouldn't damage anything as long as your sure your providing the correct voltage and you hook everything up correctly.
Nov 13, 2017, 09:02 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla
Here's an adapter someone put on thingiverse for original Owl into hs1177 size. I printed a few in Ninjaflex and have been happy. Have not tried ABS or Nylon.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1409993
I don't suppose you (or anyone else) could print me up a couple of these in Ninjaflex and mail them to me? Of course I'd be willing to pay for time and materials, within reason. I just don't have access to a 3D printer right now.
Nov 13, 2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk
I don't suppose you (or anyone else) could print me up a couple of these in Ninjaflex and mail them to me? Of course I'd be willing to pay for time and materials, within reason. I just don't have access to a 3D printer right now.
On Thingiverse there’s an option to buy things printed out for ya, and the prices are pretty “standard”
Nov 13, 2017, 07:07 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBaadger
On Thingiverse there’s an option to buy things printed out for ya, and the prices are pretty “standard”
Oh really? I'll have to see about that. I didn't see links for that, but I was't looking for them either.

Quick Reply