Sep 17, 2019, 12:55 PM
I am surprised that not many comments are made about the 65" Turbo Duster. I bought on on sale last year and flew it once. Seemed nice. Today I had it out and put 6 batteries through it. Batteries varied in weight from a 3300mah to a 4000 mah size. Now I did fly the EF Yak, Extra, Edge and Laser. I enjoyed every one of them. I am not a 3D expert but enjoy some of the moves. But let me tell you I had a ball with the Turbo Duster. I had all the EF equipment on it. Great speed, fast spins especially with full span aileron set up. Landings were a dream and looked super good. Knife edges no problem. Inverted flying easy. You can rip it up for sure. I never used the flaps yet. This plane is a dark horse. If you like to have a fun day of flying look this up. I had the red and white one . Very visable in the sky with the big white wing and red wing tips. Tempted to get the yellow now for its looks. I also like the exra five inches on the wing span compare the all the other 60 inchers.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 07:40 PM
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
Once you start the use the flaps, the plane comes alive. It's tremendous fun. Personally, I have 4 flap settings programmed on my Tx:

Crow - Ailerons up 30deg, flaps down 45 deg, for maximum air-braking

Drooperons - Flaps down 45 deg, ailerons down 10 deg, for ultimate slow flight.

Part flaps - Flaps down 20 deg, a good slow cruising setup, touch-n-goes for 15+ min on one 6S 3700 pack.

Full flaps - Flaps down 45 deg, final approach to landing

For all my setups I have down elevator mixed in as appropriate so that I can activate flaps and the plane holds attitude. It's about 2 deg down on part flaps and about 3.5 deg on full flaps, but yours will probably be slightly different.

Glad you're enjoying!
Sep 17, 2019, 09:52 PM
I love/hate this place, after reading that now I’m going to need one of these too, that sounds really fun! I fly over farm fields so doing some scale crop dusting would be pretty cool too
Sep 17, 2019, 09:54 PM
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
Full-flap touch-n-loops. ĎNuff said.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:59 PM
Ok I don’t just want one, I need one lol
Sep 18, 2019, 10:06 AM
Good info.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Once you start the use the flaps, the plane comes alive. It's tremendous fun. Personally, I have 4 flap settings programmed on my Tx:

Crow - Ailerons up 30deg, flaps down 45 deg, for maximum air-braking

Drooperons - Flaps down 45 deg, ailerons down 10 deg, for ultimate slow flight.

Part flaps - Flaps down 20 deg, a good slow cruising setup, touch-n-goes for 15+ min on one 6S 3700 pack.

Full flaps - Flaps down 45 deg, final approach to landing

For all my setups I have down elevator mixed in as appropriate so that I can activate flaps and the plane holds attitude. It's about 2 deg down on part flaps and about 3.5 deg on full flaps, but yours will probably be slightly different.

Glad you're enjoying!
Thanks very much for that information. I will enjoy flying the plane even more. I guess the reason I did not use Flaps was knowing and trying the set up. Going to do that today.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan
I love/hate this place, after reading that now Iím going to need one of these too, that sounds really fun! I fly over farm fields so doing some scale crop dusting would be pretty cool too
I thought it would be cool to put some tubing on the plane and a smoke set up. Easy on hot muffler engines but with electric I guess an invention is in order but not from me.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37
I thought it would be cool to put some tubing on the plane and a smoke set up. Easy on hot muffler engines but with electric I guess an invention is in order but not from me.
Haha that would be cool. And I donít have any fuel planes so I donít have any way to get smoke either. I donít know if it would exactly look like water but it would probably look cool!
Oct 04, 2019, 06:24 PM
MorE t0Yz iz m0Re gO0dER
I Have looked closely at the spray setup on the full scale and definatly think it would be doable . Water would definatly work. Sust need to come up with a way to pierce a length of brass tube and pressurize it ..need to source a SMALL water pump .
Oct 04, 2019, 06:39 PM
MorE t0Yz iz m0Re gO0dER
I LOVE THE 65" DUSTER!
picked up another today! 😁👍
Extreme flight airframe brands
( 3DhobbyShop, Legacy Avition,
Ace's High , Speed Freak )
Are without questions the Nicest ARF's I have ever assembled and/flown. I have assembled all of there brands except for Ace's high..but I am sure the quality and performance is through the roof ,just like the others.
Anyone looking for a fun "all-rounder" that will fly very mellow , flaps down low level cruising , sweet touch & go's or sport aerobatics and just general sport flying wrapped up with slow n soft landings ...But is still capable of Adrenaline pumping full blown 3D flight ..the 65" Turbo Duster will more than fill the bill ! The 4016T 500 Has stump yankin power and pulls the TD65 straight up with power to spare.

Considering ordering the matching floats , I saw a pair up close and they too are super nice quality with perfect paint job.
Oct 05, 2019, 01:29 PM
Found a short video of a guy who piped one and used a configuration of several vapes but cannot post because RCG does not allow the use of the word FB in the url.
Oct 25, 2019, 11:19 PM
War Eagle!
Here is the main thread for the 65", there might be others, but this is the main one I know of:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Duster-Review

Quick Reply