Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Flight Line Hobby FLEDERMAUS Kit

Flight Line Hobby sent us this press release announcing the new FLEDERMAUS airplane. It totally looks like something out of a batman movie, heck maybe there will be a BatDrone in the next movie...

Splash

Get Your Batman Costumes Ready

Flight Line Hobby sent us a press release announcing the new FLEDERMAUS airplane. It totally looks like something out of the batman comics, heck maybe there will be a BatDrone in the next movie. The FLEDERMAUS is an oddly shaped foam flying wing with a 23.5" wingspan that weighs in around 6-8 ounces ready to fly. The wing is flat foam and utilizes plywood and carbon materials for rigidity. Its small size makes it easy to throw in the car and head to the park or field.

It arrives in kit form for $39.99 and includes a full hardware set. You'll need to provide a 2204 motor, 12A ESC, 8" prop, 2S 350-600mAH lipo battery and radio gear to finish it out. Flight Line Hobby does have a full power and radio package available if needed. There's not a lot of parts in the kit so the build out should only take an evening to get it ready to fly. Contact Flite Line Hobby to learn more about the FLEDERMAUS.

Jan 05, 2016, 10:06 AM
Jason Cole-Flight Line Hobby sent us this press release announcing the new {FLEDERMAUS airplane}. It totally looks like something out of a batman movie, heck maybe there will be a {BatDrone} in the next movie {Quote} Lets see here, A company works hard on a new wing that happens to look like a bat wing, So of course you have to Associate it with a Drone. --------------- You need a Vacation their Boss.
Jan 05, 2016, 11:14 AM
RCG Staff
In today's perception, anything that is radio controlled and flys is a drone. We all tried to educate the public, but mass media won and now we all fly drones. It's not a bad word anymore.
Jan 06, 2016, 08:06 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Just chatted with Jason via a private message. I've gotten the green light to request one of these for a full review and I just shot off an email to Flight Line.

PS: I have a friend who actually worked on the new Batman movie! Might have to get a picture of him holding the model if I get a sample of one.
Jan 07, 2016, 05:19 PM
4.2V of pure Kraut power
Nice but... it's

"Die Fledermaus"

not

"Das Fledermaus"

http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Fledermaus

Greetings from Germany!
Jan 11, 2016, 06:08 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzfrank View Post
Nice but... it's

"Die Fledermaus"

not

"Das Fledermaus"

http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Fledermaus

Greetings from Germany!
I thought so! I figured it would be the same as the Strauss opera.

We have a chain of fast food restaurants here in California called Der Wienerschnitzel. It serves hot dogs, or wieners. Sadly, no wiener schnitzel and I believe "der" should also be "die." Used to be a German restaurant out my way that had the most incredible schnitzel and spaetzle imaginable.
Jan 19, 2016, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation View Post
I thought so! I figured it would be the same as the Strauss opera.

We have a chain of fast food restaurants here in California called Der Wienerschnitzel. It serves hot dogs, or wieners. Sadly, no wiener schnitzel and I believe "der" should also be "die." Used to be a German restaurant out my way that had the most incredible schnitzel and spaetzle imaginable.

It's "Die Fledermaus" + "Das Schnitzel" 😋.