Jan 05, 2016, 02:07 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Crash-course (nano,micro) quadcopter flying events idea.

A friend stayed over at new years and I showed him my Cheerson CX-10A's and CX-20, he was fascinated by the small ones, not so much in the way of getting one for himself to fly but the potential they have.

He's been tasked with fundraising for a charity he's involved with and has come up with the idea of having micro quadcopter flying event days, especially with the dirt-cheap price of the CX-10's and how I can easily modify them to make the battery swappable so they can keep flying without waiting ages for the internal battery to charge. And he can sell new ones during the events.

I'm really new to the world of quadcopters so I'm looking for a little advice here from seasoned fliers; is it a viable idea? Are the CX-10's a good choice for such an event? Can you suggest something better?

Other cheap quads I've looked at are the Eachine H8 Mini because it has swappable batteries from the get go, but some review videos I've seen say it's not really for beginners.
And the Cheerson CX-31, despite being twice the price it has a shell design that really protects the props, swappable battery and the controller is significantly bigger than the CX-10's which I found hard to get used to at first.

I haven't given him the banggood.com links to the CX-10 & extras just yet because he's planning on buying 10 or 20 at one go with about 3-4 batteries for each one, and I want to be as sure as possible they're the best for the job.

I have suggested to him, and he agrees, that he buys a bunch of safety glasses for people to wear, because if you've got half a dozen people flying them at once that's a lot of small objects with high RPM blades to keep track of that you wouldn't want anywhere near your eyes.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply