Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

11th Annual Pecan Patch Chili Fly/SwapMeet

RCGroups sent Miss Ashley out to an event held by our good friend Mark Murdock.

Splash

This is gonna be a good day!!

I pulled onto the field at 9:30 Saturday morning, and I could clearly make out the shriek of Jimi Hendrix's guitar shredding the National Anthem. Mild winds and a brisk 40 degrees is the perfect weather to fly in, as long as it's a Chili Fly In! The Pecan Patch is putting on their annual swap meet and fly in. The proceeds from this event usually go towards the club's fund, but this year was a little different. Pecan Patch's own Mark and Judy Murdock are collecting funds for their son who was in a serious motorcycle accident earlier in 2015. Chase, their son, was there in high spirits, and so were about 60 other people! It was an all out RC overload!

We had electrics, 3D, 1/3 scale, gliders, and combat on the main line, then a pretty sick RC car track that was definitely getting taken advantage of to the left, not to mention the full scale field buzzes we got AND full-scale rides! A kit built "Miss Jenny" even stopped by.

After a bowl of white chili, thank you Mr. Gene Lavine, and a Dramamine, I decided to test my luck with a plane ride. I got buckled in, we took off, and I changed my mind:/ I wish I was a better passenger, but I had my jacket open in the back just in case. GROSS! I managed to make it back to the field and safely back on solid ground! Props to my pilot who was very patient with me! I did get a couple of airborne shots, and even one of the field! I had such a full day and lots of fun! I wish I was able to see these guys more often!

Thank you so much to Mark and Judy, volunteers, and all of the chili crock cooks! See you soon Pecan Patch!

Jan 04, 2016, 08:58 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Judy, Chase and Myself want to thank everyone for coming to The Pecan Patch for this event. It really helped Chase out a lot and on top of that, it was the most fun we have had in 11 years of doing this.

Ashley did a awesome job of covering this event and just being her crazy fun self, we all Lov'ya!
This year we had people from PA, FL and TN come down...... Just amazing for this time of year.

Congrats to John Stevens for taking the most abuse with his fun Cub in the paintball shoot...

Stay tuned for future events
Last edited by pecanpatch; Jan 04, 2016 at 09:03 PM.
Jan 04, 2016, 08:59 PM
Good times........ Matt Hall Video -Simplecopter Dude

Simplecopter goes to the 2016 Pecan Patch Chili fly-inn (4 min 27 sec)
Jan 09, 2016, 05:37 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
I must say, that looked like a fun time. Full scale, large RC, racin', shootin', flyin', eatin' what else could you ask for.

Even had some fund raising for Chase.

Glad Chase is in better spirits and getting better.

God Bless all who went and had fun.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Thanks for the images Miss Ashley.!!!!
Jan 22, 2016, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
I must say, that looked like a fun time. Full scale, large RC, racin', shootin', flyin', eatin' what else could you ask for.

Even had some fund raising for Chase.

Glad Chase is in better spirits and getting better.

God Bless all who went and had fun.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Thanks for the images Miss Ashley.!!!!
Best one ever!