High Sierra Club House Chatter - Page 7 - RC Groups
Jun 10, 2017, 05:29 PM
Official Boat Bum
Way to go Dave, the news letter looks really nice, great to have you as a writer for the High Sierra RC Club!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2017, 02:55 PM
AMA 8614

Lastest Newsletters from SSBF and HSRCC

Attached are the two latest newsletters. It would be great for the other clubs to post theirs as well other info they would like to get out. That was the original purpose of this forum. All members of all clubs are welcome. Bob Jones (Foamenator)
Jul 29, 2017, 03:49 PM
Official Boat Bum
Fun Scale Fly Day, July 29th at HSRC in Carson City. It was a great showing of many diverse models!

By the time I started snapping photos many had started packing up planes to relax under the shade for the BBQ lunch. It was great seeing all the flying though. I missed talking with BJ... where did you go! You were gone by the time I was looking to catch up with you!
Aug 01, 2017, 12:21 PM
AMA 8614

Great Pics Ed

Thanks for the great pics. I had to leave early to attend another event, but I got to enjoy the day up to lunch. Thanks again. BJ
Aug 02, 2017, 12:51 PM
Dayton,NV
Great pics Ed thanks for posting them.Was a fun day I always enjoy flyin with you and shootin the bull of course-Gene
Aug 02, 2017, 02:22 PM
Official Boat Bum
Gene and Bob, ditto, was a great time! Screen shot of last few local shows of the summer below...

I am torn between the Warbird Rally at the Reno Club and the E Flight rally at the Carson Club, both on the 19th of August. I have reason to want to fly at both!
Aug 02, 2017, 05:36 PM
AMA 8614

HSRCC Electric Fun-fly

Hi Ed.... We had rescheduled the date of the HSRCC Electric fun-fly to August 26th. I hope you can make that one. BJ
Aug 07, 2017, 07:58 PM
Official Boat Bum
Bob, thanks for that correction!

August 19th, Warbirds! at RRCC, Reno
August 26th, Electrics! at HSRC, Carson
September 9th, Warbirds! at HSRC, Carson

How was the Poker Rally on Saturday? I got back from work at 3am, on Sat. I was way too tuckered out this time, though I'd have liked to join in

Everyone should remember we are getting into the PRIME time of the year to fly. Temps start to fall, wind starts to chill, and the flying gets super nice this time of year.
Aug 07, 2017, 09:04 PM
AMA 8614

No really a correction

No problem Ed.. The club has been bouncing all over the place when it comes to the meetings this year.

The SSBF Poker Rally was a big success... at least according to the members. We gad a lot of different types of planes entered and some great food.

I'll get some pics up in a couple of days. BJ
Aug 17, 2017, 02:58 PM
Official Boat Bum
Just spoke with official RRCC guys today, the Warbird Fly and BBQ is still on for Saturday, Aug 19th at the Reno Club Field in Hungry Valley.

The official website for RRCC actually had it listed for last weekend. Importantly, that was wrong - and importantly, if you want to fly warbirds or want to watch warbirds fly, then come on out to RRCC and fly THIS SATURDAY, 19 August 2017! No landing fee, and BBQ is a cookin' too.

Should be lots of fun, see you guys out there!
Last edited by Eddie P; Aug 18, 2017 at 01:23 PM.
Aug 18, 2017, 01:25 PM
Official Boat Bum
RRCC Warbird fun fly and BBQ today! Good stuff, great flying and fun time! Thanks to RRCC for hosting all in the area to attend. The runway is looking as good or better than I have ever seen it!

Next set of events after this one is the Electric Fly at the HSRC Carson City Club on the 26th and then another one at Carson City Club on the 9th of September.

Tally Ho, Check six!
Last edited by Eddie P; Aug 19, 2017 at 07:02 PM.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:05 AM
Official Boat Bum
Update:

There is NO warbird event at Carson this weekend (Sat 9th). Anyone know if any of the other clubs have anything going on?
Sep 08, 2017, 12:12 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
Update:

There is NO warbird event at Carson this weekend (Sat 9th). Anyone know if any of the other clubs have anything going on?
Nothing special at High Desert RC Club this weekend, except all the cool R/C pilots that hang out there.
Sep 08, 2017, 10:35 PM
Official Boat Bum
Well yeah man, we know all the cool kids are flying at Tiger. Full stop man, no doubt!