High Sierra Club House Chatter - Page 6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 25, 2017, 10:49 PM
Just in time for Spring! I have my 104" Yak54 for sale - 1 flight, flies like a dream! making room for a new project. If interested, see my ad at High Desert RC Club website - classifieds! Happy Flying.
Last edited by amjet; Feb 26, 2017 at 08:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 09:11 AM
Official Boat Bum
Well I'll have to say yesterday was one of those, "you should have been here yesterday" kinds days. The 2017 flying season is here Wasn't that a beautiful flying weather kind of day? Lot's of club members present and I even got around to handing in my ragged, carry in my wallet for 3 months, club dues check! (Why I did not just mail it in is not a practical question... Because I don't have a practical excuse).
Mar 18, 2017, 10:07 AM
AMA 8614

Revised Event Schedule

Here is the latest info on events in our area that I have. I haven't heard from the Fernley Club yet. As soon as I get their info I will combine it into the list. I will also at the racing events in Sacramento when I get them.
Mar 18, 2017, 07:31 PM
Official Boat Bum
Thank you for the calendar! I'm planning on going to the RRCC Jet rally, the Castle Scale event and several of the HSRC ones too.
Apr 04, 2017, 07:37 PM
AMA 8614

Spring Turkey Shoot at HSRCC Pony Express Air Park

Weather permitting we will have our first event of the year, hosted by Paul Ciotti. Attached is the flyer describing the event. There is a $5.00 entry fee. Hope to see you there. BJ

Also attached is the latest schedule of events that I have for Northern Nevada. BJ
May 03, 2017, 11:45 AM
Official Boat Bum
Calling All Amateur Reporters!

Was wondering if guys would consider posting event wrap-up info and photos here for the 2017 season?

So far Ibelieve the Turkey Shoot and the Jet Rally at HSRC and RRCC respectively were weathered. But, a rainy day re do Jet Rally at HDRC made up for the loss at RRCC in April. And, a Carrier Landing event happened this past saturday at Sagebrush in Minden.

I will take photos and post on any events I attend in the future. Here is a single photo of Paul and my lineup at the HDRC jet rally makeup a few weeks ago. I will take more photos going forward.
May 03, 2017, 04:22 PM
AMA 8614

Maybe this will help.

I'm with you Ed. I wish more people would post info here, but I'm guilty myself. Attached is the Sierra Sagebrush Newsletter. I'm the newsletter editor there, so I could at least post that, or pics from there. BJ
May 04, 2017, 01:26 PM
Official Boat Bum
That is a great newsletter! I wish I had flown at the roll out party on the 22nd. The yard work and home repairs I did instead, I am sure will be remembered fondly for years!

I am attending the Castle meet on Friday and Saturday later this month, however.
May 04, 2017, 03:51 PM
AMA 8614

Thanks Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
That is a great newsletter! I wish I had flown at the roll out party on the 22nd. The yard work and home repairs I did instead, I am sure will be remembered fondly for years!

I am attending the Castle meet on Friday and Saturday later this month, however.
Thanks for your comments on the newsletter, I'll post it regularly in the future.

Be sure and look us up at Castle. Mike and Dan Hickey, Tom Walter, Bob Heitkamp and myself will have a compound there, I'm sure there will be others there as well. We get there Thursday afternoon and stay until Sunday morning.
May 08, 2017, 10:27 AM
AMA 8614

Upcoming HSRCC Events- Saturday May 3th

We will be conducting a silent auction for the Larry Johnson estate, and a club auction and swap meet next Saturday, May 13th at the Pony Express Air Park.

Attached are the two relevant flyers. Please contact Gary Fuller for info about the Johnson auction, Steve Jacques about the club auction and Don Morse about the swap meet.

Hope to see you there. BJ
May 08, 2017, 12:47 PM
Official Boat Bum
Thanks for the heads up Bob, hope all the sales go well! I assume there will be flying during the swap meet as well?
May 31, 2017, 08:42 PM
AMA 8614

Castle Giant Scale Fly-in

Attached is the June, 2017 SSBF newsletter. There are a lot of pictures from Castle this year. The event was fantastic as usual. It was great to see Ed Putnam and Hal Lockett there. They did a lot of great flying.-BJ
Jun 03, 2017, 11:23 AM
Official Boat Bum
Another great newsletter Bob. Thank you for sharing. Good seeing you guys at the Castle meet. Very cool stuff, very good times, enjoyed the time hanging out with everyone at the camp site!

I posted some photos here on the meet. I'd sure love to bring my good camera some day and get some cool close up's of the Hickey's biplane masterpiece. I really appreciated the guys sharing all the hidden work on that aircraft. In rare cases we have miniature aircraft that go outside of the realm of model aviation and blur the line of home built aircraft and models. That is one of those kind of airplanes!
Jun 08, 2017, 04:29 PM
AMA 8614

HSRCC Newsletter

HSRCC has a new Newsletter Editor, Dave Triano. Attached is his first edition. I think it is a great job. BJ
Jun 09, 2017, 04:23 PM
AMA 8614

More pics of Castle 2017

Here is a link to Central Cal Modelers Castle pics. Enjoy BJ

http://www.centralcamodelflyers.club...cale-fly-2017/