High Sierra Club House Chatter - Page 3 - RC Groups
Mar 21, 2016, 09:20 PM
AMA 8614
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
Bob, check the email address on your flyer. Is there a typo?
Thanks John... Good Eye !
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2016, 10:01 PM
AMA 8614

Speaking of Giant Scale

I recently acquired a very old ACE 4-120. I also had a DME-35RA that I had added an electric starter to. I don't much about the history of the plane, except the monokote was very old and brittle.

I recovered the top of the wings before we flew it. The electric starter really works well and Steve Jacques helped me trim it out. It was a little nose heavy so I moved the receiver and ignition battery further aft and that solved that problem.

Saturday I flew it down at Gardnerville and with Jim Kelso's help we got the engine running really good and re-trimmed the plane. After two flights I am really happy with it. However when we were taking the wing apart to go home we noticed a huge portion of the bottom wing monokote had disappeared. I couldn't believe it. and it was flying so well.
Last edited by Foamenator; Mar 22, 2016 at 08:39 AM.
Mar 23, 2016, 03:44 PM
AMA 8614

Fun-Fly and Cook Out Saturday March 26th

Time to get the flying season going.

We are having our first fun-fly event at the club field Saturday.

I have been informed by “club officials” that there will be “one” mystery flight challenge open to all types of aircraft, with “one mystery prize” for the ”one mystery winner”.

When asked about the menu for the event, the “club officials” were very mysterious as well…. all they said, was that the menu would likely be “tubular”. The location is the SSBF field at the Douglas County Model Airplane Complex.

Flying will start when you do, and lunch will be served at 12:00. Hope to see you there. Bob Jones
Mar 23, 2016, 08:59 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
When you say the menu will be "Tubular", I think of Jeff Spicoli having a pizza delivered to class.

Spicoli Pizza Scene (1 min 58 sec)
Mar 24, 2016, 02:01 PM
Official Boat Bum
Out of town... but would have loved to go! Have fun guys. PS I'd love to pop on down and fly some day at the Sagebrush field, is there any way I could arrange a single flight day at the club site down there? I'm not always in town during the events.
Mar 24, 2016, 02:04 PM
Official Boat Bum
John, my favorite scene ever. Fantastic reference BTW. How could have college happened without old worn out copies of that film on ratty VHS? They left off (edited out) the best line though!
Mar 24, 2016, 02:55 PM
AMA 8614

Flying with the Sagebrush Flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
Out of town... but would have loved to go! Have fun guys. PS I'd love to pop on down and fly some day at the Sagebrush field, is there any way I could arrange a single flight day at the club site down there? I'm not always in town during the events.
Ed... Let me know sometime when you are going to be in town. Like the Carson Field, there are people there most days when there is decent weather., but I would be glad to make a point round up some people and meet you there. Bob J.

PS We are also going float flying at Topaz Lake on Saturday, April 2nd. That is always a lot of fun.
Mar 24, 2016, 07:48 PM
Official Boat Bum
Thank you Bob! Have fun!!
Apr 10, 2016, 12:18 AM
AMA 8614

Topaz Float Fly

Many thanks to Dennis Lampson of the Sierra Sagebrush Flyers for organizing our first Topaz float-fly. The weather was just fantastic. No clouds and no wind and not a ripple on the lake. We were a little light on club participation, but we had a lot of fun. In addition to the flyers, Barb and Chip Mower and Darryl Hallmark from Carson City stopped in to enjoy the fun. I want to give a special thanks to Harold Siegfried and Barb Mower for helping with the photos. Great job
May 08, 2016, 07:57 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Fun Scale Event at Tiger Field on May 21st. More info here!
May 12, 2016, 11:58 PM
Official Boat Bum
Guys I'll be flying my Spitfire, some other prop planes and perhaps my PC-21 at Carson City HSRC Pony Express Model Airpark two days from now on Saturday the 14th for the Annual Roll Out 2016 event (and Chili Feed). Who else is going?
May 20, 2016, 10:49 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Tomorrow is the Fun Scale contest in Fernley. Find out more information and pre-register on our website. www.highdesertrcclub.com
Jun 03, 2016, 12:40 PM
AMA 8614

Sierra Sagebrush Flyers Giant Scale Fun Fly

You can now register for the SSBF Gian Scale Fun-fly in August by going to RC Flightdeck @

https://www.rcflightdeck.com/event.cfm?id=5909

Hope to see you there. We plan to have a lot of fun. BJ
Jun 03, 2016, 12:51 PM
AMA 8614

Day Trip To Castle 2016

I did manage to make a quick trip to Castle. As usual there was a lot of great stuff.

Mike Hickeys's 1/3 scale Fokker D-7 was the hit of the show. Fantastic realistic flyer.

I hope to stay longer next year. BJ
Jun 06, 2016, 12:50 AM
Official Boat Bum
I'd absolutely positively love to make it out to Castle some day. Maybe next year. How many pilots and planes you think? How were the temps and winds?

I'll be able to plan my schedule much better after this summer, since there have been some changes in this regard. So I'll be looking fwd to more cool RC events.