Jan 03, 2016, 05:43 PM
low and slow
Thread OP
I guess Austria could be possible. Fly to Munich, and rent a car. I'ts not so far to Grundlsee. All depending on my work schedule.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2016, 08:51 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Hi Bart,

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I can't do this year (a new knee operation on 24 Jan) but 2017 a definite possibility. It's a long drive but I have a camper van.

Mike
Jan 04, 2016, 12:34 PM
Bart, its a great idea and opportunity to meet with the wet-fleet. I will do my very best to attend to the meeting at Grundlsee and bring the Solent together with some my other waterplanes if it survives the maiden.
Niels
Jan 04, 2016, 10:46 PM
Ron
Ron
Arvid:
Hopefully you can get it over here to Chilliwack one summer to fly with us at our new facility...I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread.
Jan 06, 2016, 01:15 PM
Nice project Arvid,

I will be following your progress with great interest!

Aris
Jan 07, 2016, 11:29 AM
ParkScaleModels
An excellent project Arvid, I will be watching with great interest. I have given some thought to doing the H-4 myself...maybe some day! in the mean time I wish you much success and enjoyment from this project!
Jan 09, 2016, 02:58 PM
low and slow
Thread OP
I have had a few hours in the workshop today. All the formers are in place, top and bottom. The keel is roughly shaped, and glued. Otherwise, about 10% of the time is spent gluing back pieces that I accidentally knock off.. A process all Ivan's builders go through. Weight is now 330g.

Next is the tailcone. On the H-4 it is really a cone with a v-shape at the bottom.

Arvid
Jan 10, 2016, 08:10 PM
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
Laine would have done it in 1/4 scale...

Looking good so far. I love it when plane comes together!
Jan 10, 2016, 08:27 PM
AKA Jagdpanther9
this should be neat . i saw this and thought of a video of a .10 cox powered spruce goose so i looked it up . if you skip to 3:30 they start them up and fly it . really quite a feat for 1998 and sounds like no other . it looks like you are off to a good start.
8. Cox .010 Spruce Goose (5 min 37 sec)
Jan 11, 2016, 01:02 PM
low and slow
Thread OP
Thanks Bart.

A lot of inspiration there..
Today's view from the office.. Approach to Bergen
Jan 11, 2016, 02:57 PM
...design-build-fly-publish...
That's a gorgeous shot Arvid - thanks for sharing it with us.

Robin
Jan 16, 2016, 11:29 AM
low and slow
Thread OP
I have done some work on the tailcone. Since I have to make the fuselage in two pieces, I'm making a joint just ahead of the tail. This is costing quite a few grams, but my workbench is not long enough otherwise. Nor is my car..

I'll start making the frames on the top and sides next. Since it is a cone, it should be quite simple to draw them with a compass.

This part is 130g.
Jan 16, 2016, 11:40 AM
Bart
I too have been thinking we should all try to get together "somewhere?"... Wow will that be something special
It will have to be 2017 if I am to travel abroad for me, I am on the long road to recovery from a serious motorcycle accident in August.. and I don't travel well yet

You could ALL come to Wet Wings this year.. We could make it a 2day International event....

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart83
Any thoughts about the Meeting in Austria i mentioned ?

Cheers,

Bart
Jan 16, 2016, 11:46 AM
I think that making it a two day event would be a good idea anyway David - gives us much better odds for getting some decent flying weather, which for long distance travellers booking accommodation etc in advance, is an important consideration.

I assume that it's your leg that still has some healing to do and that your flying arm is now fully functional?

Quick Reply