Jan 01, 2016, 12:32 AM
Adam RED Weston
Thread OP
Contest

Pacific NW Hand Launch Contests 2016

We'll post the HLG contests for the Pacific Northwest here on this thread and discuss the HLG happenings in the region. Feel free to join in!

2016 PNW HLG Contests:
March 12 SASS
April 9 SASS
May 14 SASS
May 28...PASS 12:00 ... Keith Ragsdale... 503-680-2427
June 5..Sunday...PASS 9:30.... Terry Erickson..... 503-928-0762
June 11 SASS
July 16 PSSF
July 23...PASS.. 9:30 ... Keith Ragsdale.... 503-680-2427
August 13 SASS
August 20 PSSF
August 20..... 9:30 ... Keith Ragsdale.... 503-680-2427
September 10-11 SASS
September 10...PASS.. 9:00 ... Richard van Dijk.. 360-891-2188
September 24 PSSF
October 8 SASS
Oct 15... 12:00 ...PASS Keith Ragsdale.... 503-680-2427

All SASS events are at Carnation Farm with pilots meeting at 9am, check out our website for information or post your questions here on this thread http://www.seattleareasoaringsociety.com

All PSSF events are held at the Puget Sound Silent Flyers club in Olympia, WA. They run all day Saturdays until 5pm. http://pugetsoundsilentflyers.com//

PASS events are detailed on their website: http://www.passoaring.us/

PSSF Clinics – Sundays – afternoons 1 to 5
June 19
July 10
Aug 14

RED
Last edited by RED_HLG; Apr 18, 2016 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added PSSF and PASS
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2016, 07:08 PM
Certifiable User
Should be another great season!

Looking forward to it

Lee
Jan 02, 2016, 01:02 AM
Will fly for food
Jan 02, 2016, 02:59 AM
Rick Rogahn
A contest on my Birthday?!? Red, you shouldn't have! I KNOW I'll have a kid free pass to at least one contest this year .
Jan 02, 2016, 05:29 PM
Rick Rogahn
Great time out there today guys. I think I counted 9 people in the sub 30 degree weather (was 25 degrees at my house when I left). Had a couple 5 min flights before we started the 'all up' rounds. Was definitely some lift out there and blue bird skies. Good times.
Jan 02, 2016, 07:07 PM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
14 degrees here this morning ( Lewiston) , I'll salute you brave souls with a hot buttered rum in my hand for flying today! Now back to football and building! Cheers Tom
Jan 02, 2016, 11:15 PM
what makes that thing go
That was good fun today guys. It was a real treat getting out in the sun, and flying some light thermals.
Jan 04, 2016, 10:14 PM
Here we go! Can't wait.
Jan 14, 2016, 09:31 AM
It seems my Topsky was feeling ignored and doesn't want to become the test bed for my new radio for 2016. First I was checking the linkages and found one of the aileron servo's had come loose, last night the elevator and rudder servo's broke loose. Thinking about switching my test plane to the P2.

Got receiver 01 into the P2 and have everything wiggling the correct direction. Need to figure out why the left aileron goes to neutral when it's supposed to be full up, then it'll be off for a test flights.

Thinking the Taranis doesn't like me. Charged the transmitter to go out flying today and one of the left aileron servo dies while attempting to test if the correction I made worked for full throw.
Last edited by Roy_N; Jan 18, 2016 at 01:21 PM.
Jan 18, 2016, 11:09 AM
Blind Hawk
Some of us step to the dark side (slope) occasionally. Started a new thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2584604

Rj
Jan 24, 2016, 05:15 PM
A contest near my birthday as well (April). That's a free pass for me too!
Can't wait to try out my "new to me" plane. So, watch out, whoever had 9th place locked up. I plan to move up a notch with my new tool!
Jan 30, 2016, 09:07 PM
John Wallace
Thinking about dragging a couple Northern California boys up with this southern Oregon boy to one of your contests this spring. Couple of questions: do you have to be a SASS member to fly in a contest? What is the entry fee for contests? Where should out-of-towers stay for affordable accommodations and restaurants with reasonable proximity to the field? Oh, probably should've started with: Out-of-towers welcome to the events?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to provide this info.

John Wallace
Jan 30, 2016, 09:19 PM
John, I am an out of towner and have flown in sass contests for years now. They are wonderful and always a good time with great people. Hope to see you and others join us for some exciting flying. The spring contests have a tendency to be rather damp so if you come in the spring bring some good weather resistant clothing. And definitely good shoes or boots.
Jan 30, 2016, 09:45 PM
Rick Rogahn
For lodging, have a look at hotels in the Redmond, Woodinville, Issaquah or North Bend areas. You'll be about 20 mins drive from the flying field from any of those locations. If you have some $$$ to spend, check out the Salish Lodge in North Bend, or the Willows Lodge in Woodenville. Otherwise there are plenty of more reasonable choices .
Jan 30, 2016, 09:45 PM
No really, it doesn't have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swammie
John, I am an out of towner and have flown in sass contests for years now. They are wonderful and always a good time with great people. Hope to see you and others join us for some exciting flying. The spring contests have a tendency to be rather damp so if you come in the spring bring some good weather resistant clothing. And definitely good shoes or boots.
This Northern California boy is definitely interested in coming up for a contest or two!

Swammie, do you have to be a SASS member to fly in the contests at Carnation Field?

Clif

Quick Reply