Jan 01, 2016, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
The system allows more area of flight. This in turn is less restrictive.

Please post DJI policy on handing data over to the Feds. I would like some reading.

If you don't like the system then you really won't like what other manufacturers have up their sleeves. Unfortunately you will have to take responsibility for your flights. If you're not doing anything wrong there is really nothing to worry about, correct?

People need to agree to disagree. If you don't like this system then you have other choices on what you fly.

Btw this is public beta. Nothing is set into stone. join the beta provide feedback and be part of the solution. Sitting here trying to argue a point that you have the ability to maybe change is kind of counterproductive, right?
It should be incumbent on the company to say exactly how and when they will share user data with the gov't. Please post that policy. I would like some reading also...

Btw, the "if you've got nothing to hide" argument should not fly with any American. Sadly to many lemmings in this country think nothing of it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2016, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
And not all people are living in America. America is not the world. I personally live in Poland and in the new DJI policy a 3/4 of my country is in authorisation zone, so data about my every flight will be collected and processed.

Why should i want that ?

This is not a product what i bought.
This is not a problem for a new customer because there will not be a deal in that situation. This is aproblem for people who bought that product, because now this product will work in different way and collect private data.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:23 PM
Does anyone see the irony in a Chinese company deciding it is ok to track all your movements and hand over all your personal information and bank acct information at the whim of any LAE doing an "investigation"?

It's funny in a way.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimething
Does anyone see the irony in a Chinese company deciding it is ok to track all your movements and hand over all your personal information and bank acct information at the whim of any LAE doing an "investigation"?

It's funny in a way.
Ok this is getting out of control... How would DJI hand over your banking information? You don't even need to use a Credit card.

Like Mr. Perry has stated if DJI is not a solution for you, you do have other options.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:38 PM
HighFlyGuy
Does this go back to show that it's mostly DJI newbs causing all the problems?
Don't hate me lol
Jan 01, 2016, 01:38 PM
Closed Account
Does this effect the naza v2 or the lite version?
Jan 01, 2016, 01:39 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyguy
Does this go back to show that it's mostly DJI newbs causing all the problems?
Don't hate me lol
True, I have yet to see any of the other rtf quads in the news.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:46 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
like it or not folks this is coming, from what i can see if its implemented the way it looks like it will be then it should be ok, unlocking takes minutes, i do think some of it needs tweaking but overall its a good thing,

3DR have also followed suit and will be implementing something similar, give it 2 years every RTF drone will have this.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jan 01, 2016 at 01:56 PM.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:49 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
like it or not folks this is coming, from what i can see if its implemented the way it looks like it will be then it should be ok, unlocking takes minutes, i do think some of it needs twerking but overall its a good thing,

3DR have also followed suit and will be implementing something similar, give it 2 years every RTF drone will have this.
What have you been watching?
Jan 01, 2016, 01:51 PM
Running jokes into the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Ok this is getting out of control...

Like Mr. Perry has stated if DJI is not a solution for you, you do have other options.
What about for those of us that have already sunk 3 grand (or more) into an inspire?
Jan 01, 2016, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karyi
Does this effect the naza v2 or the lite version?
No, only craft that fly via the go app.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:56 PM
Macon Aerial Photography
As someone that's ultimately planning to use my drones for commercial AP use, I see this as an improvement to the current system. However, I most likely won't do any firmware updates until that time when I do go commercial.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karyi
True, I have yet to see any of the other rtf quads in the news.
That's one of the problems with being #1 in anything the media gets it's teeth into. If someone says "drone" the first place they look for a stock photo is at whatever pops up first in the search engine. The DJI Phantom just happens to fill that slot.

The brands of copters that have been operated badly by a lot of people encompass every maker. Often the offending drone has even been a fixed wing but the word "drone" was used without clarification so a multirotor got the blame, and if a multirotor was blamed most likely DJI ended up associated with it. OTOH, there have been quite a few DJI copters that have been operated badly simply because there are so many of them out there. Law of averages comes into play.

Unless someone specifically names a brand in the media story, or holds up for public view the exact MR or aircraft type that was the offender, we should not associate a brand or class with the offense. To believe everything we read or hear from the media is not a good thing to do. Much of the time they don't know what they are talking about, or delivering script that was prepared by someone other than themselves. An example is the brush fire that crossed over I-15 in California last year. Drones were blamed for flying over the fire location and preventing aerial fire fighting efforts from being conducted. In truth those "drones" were RC slope gliders that weren't even close to the fire zone, and certainly not being flown to observe the fire. They had been flying prior to the start of the fire.

Every brand of multirotor has been used to do something stupid, so to blame DJI for everything is more than unfair. With the exception of system failures the blame goes to those operators that were flying whatever brand they had. I'm not a fan of DJI but I do believe in fairness.
Jan 01, 2016, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er
What about for those of us that have already sunk 3 grand (or more) into an inspire?
You can still fly. It might not be an ideal solution in some of your minds but no one is stopping you from flying.

I wouldn't be surprised by the end of public beta that many areas will be smaller auth zones and some removed. There is ability to report issues like this via the app, too large of an area or invalid auth zone all together. Like I said please be part of the beta and report via the app the areas that shouldn't be authorization zones.

Help out and be part of the solution
Last edited by blade strike; Jan 01, 2016 at 02:05 PM.
Jan 01, 2016, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
That's one of the problems with being #1 in anything the media gets it's teeth into. If someone says "drone" the first place they look for a stock photo is at whatever pops up first in the search engine. The DJI Phantom just happens to fill that slot.

The brands of copters that have been operated badly by a lot of people. Often the offender has even been a fixed wing but the word "drone" was used without clarification so a multirotor got the blame, and if a multirotor was blamed most likely DJI ended up associated with it. OTOH, there have been quite a few DJI copters that have been operated badly simply because there are so many of them out there. Law of averages comes into play.

Unless someone specifically names a brand in the media story, or holds up for public view the exact MR that was the offender, we should not associate a brand with the offense. To believe everything we read or hear from the media is to join them in lunacy. Much of the time they don't know what they are talking about, or delivering script that was prepared by someone other than themselves. An example is the brush fire that crossed over I-15 in California last year. Drones were blamed for flying over the fire location and preventing aerial fire fighting efforts from being conducted. In truth those "drones" were RC slope gliders that weren't even close to the fire zone, and certainly not being flown to observe the fire. They had been flying prior to the start of the fire.

Every brand of multirotor has been used to do something stupid, so to blame DJI for everything is more than unfair. With the exception of system failures the blame goes to those operators that were flying whatever brand they had. I'm not a fan of DJI but I do believe in fairness.
Pat

So true.. Last summer when San Bernardino had its fire and Big Bear was almost lost do to them grounding AC from a drone sighting, Well that "drone" was a fixed wing at 11k. But media kept showing multi rotors when reporting it. That type of reporting causes these type of actions and reactions unfortunately.

Quick Reply