Jan 02, 2016, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microhelidude View Post
Btw, mine seems to have newer firnware than what you posted.

:O Does it do 2K @ 24fps?

The official site now lists it as having the upgraded capabilities:
http://www.eken.com/h9

Edit: Woops. Your post in the other thread pretty much implies that it doesn't even with that firmware... ;_; We'll have to wait and see, then... I really hope it's not a hardware update, cus that would be a bummer for pretty much everyone who got one this Christmas.
Last edited by Sutanreyu; Jan 02, 2016 at 06:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2016, 07:01 PM
aka MicroModDude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutanreyu View Post
:O Does it do 2K @ 24fps?

The official site now lists it as having the upgraded capabilities:
http://www.eken.com/h9

Edit: Woops. Your post in the other thread pretty much implies that it doesn't even with that firmware... ;_; We'll have to wait and see, then... I really hope it's not a hardware update, cus that would be a bummer for pretty much everyone who got one this Christmas.
I so wish.

Jan 02, 2016, 09:20 PM
aka MicroModDude
Thread OP
Heads up on using any MicroSD larger than 32gb. My 64gb card worked, but would only record 3 video's at most, and start to delete the oldest one if I made more recording. 32gb MicroSD Card does not have this problem. Lost some good video because of the 64gb card.
Jan 04, 2016, 04:19 AM
My test and review in Italian language

[Test] Eken H9 - 1080p Vs 2K Vs 4K - ActionCam Italia (2 min 34 sec)

http://www.actioncamitalia.it/2015/1...sione-eken-h9/
Jan 04, 2016, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlark View Post
FYI. The Facebook "Eken H9" page has links to the newer firmware. You have to view the posts to page section.

I really hope this Daretang version is an identical rebrand and has authentic Eken firmware, or at least can be flashed with the newest firmware I just mentioned.
anyone has tried?
Jan 04, 2016, 08:15 AM
Just got one from gearbest. Long wait now until it arrives...
I would like to know if once my smartphone connected to Wifi I could use it as kind of FPV, even on for a low range? Anyone has tested and if so, how about the lag?
Jan 04, 2016, 10:18 AM
As for firmware, I found 151204 at Banggood, in the user reviews. Still no 4k15 on that firmware. I don't see any real difference from the original firmware that was on it.

I really wish they would add sharpness in the settings. I also have an SJ7000, and frankly the 1080p30 video is better. So much more detail in the videos without the overly high sharpness setting killing it and creating a halo around small details . Of course no 1080p60 on that one as it is Ar0330 /Novatek like a true SJ4000. The SJ7000 does better at night too, but 1080p30 is jittery with fast motion day or night with that one.

The Eken is the superior cam obviously.. If only they would give us a couple more options in the settings.
Jan 04, 2016, 04:16 PM
aka MicroModDude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcofan76 View Post
Nice review n vid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemonic_br View Post
I would like to know if once my smartphone connected to Wifi I could use it as kind of FPV, even on for a low range? Anyone has tested and if so, how about the lag?
Range probaby won't be that long, but there is lag.

Keep us updated on how long Gearbest takes to deliver.

Quote:
As for firmware, I found 151204 at Banggood, in the user reviews. Still no 4k15 on that firmware. I don't see any real difference from the original firmware that was on it.

I really wish they would add sharpness in the settings. I also have an SJ7000, and frankly the 1080p30 video is better. So much more detail in the videos without the overly high sharpness setting killing it and creating a halo around small details . Of course no 1080p60 on that one as it is Ar0330 /Novatek like a true SJ4000. The SJ7000 does better at night too, but 1080p30 is jittery with fast motion day or night with that one.

The Eken is the superior cam obviously.. If only they would give us a couple more options in the settings.
Seems Bangood has some internal connection to Eken posting those firmwares.
Jan 04, 2016, 04:31 PM
They have to. There are more firmware revisions listed in that customer reviews section than anywhere else. I've submitted a question there, asking for the latest one. Here's hoping, especially since the 4k15/2.7k24 one is out there somewhere. It has to be, with Eken showing those framerates in their description.

I seriously hope it corrects the over sharpening too.
Jan 04, 2016, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Heads up on using any MicroSD larger than 32gb. My 64gb card worked, but would only record 3 video's at most, and start to delete the oldest one if I made more recording. 32gb MicroSD Card does not have this problem. Lost some good video because of the 64gb card.
Mine does this as well; it's extremely frustrating. It actually got worse when I upgraded my firmware to 11/03/2015 build (from the one guy on the Facebook page)... The camera was originally on the 9/28/2015 firmware when I got it, and it would start to erase after the 11th video.

I find that it mostly does it when I'm connected via WiFi with the app... It'll actually record in 1 minute intervals, splitting the footage. Worse is that it seems that some of the videos are only accessible via the app, and invisible to the camera and my Mac, whether I connect the camera via USB or directly mount the SD card.

It wasn't as bad before I updated, so I regret doing so now. I thought that this firmware would have the extra functionality, but nope. It may be in a December version of the firmware where it gets enabled... But unfortunately, no way to tell since their official site doesn't have any sort of support page for any of their devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemonic_br View Post
Pretty much unusable for actual FPV flying -- haven't measured the actual latency, but it's at least a half a second. Best bet is to get a transmitter and hook into the HDMI out. I plan on doing this soon enough.

Quote:

Could you link us to the firmware? We should archive these so other users have an easier time finding them.

I wish they would open source the code.

Edit: Found it. Here's the link bang good provides for the latest firmware:

https://mega.nz/#!TFhSiboa!e1bivAbaS...kpqB1ne-l5sfsc
Jan 04, 2016, 07:52 PM
aka MicroModDude
Thread OP
Quote:
Mine does this as well; it's extremely frustrating. It actually got worse when I upgraded my firmware to 11/03/2015 build (from the one guy on the Facebook page)... The camera was originally on the 9/28/2015 firmware when I got it, and it would start to erase after the 11th video.

I find that it mostly does it when I'm connected via WiFi with the app... It'll actually record in 1 minute intervals, splitting the footage. Worse is that it seems that some of the videos are only accessible via the app, and invisible to the camera and my Mac, whether I connect the camera via USB or directly mount the SD card.

It wasn't as bad before I updated, so I regret doing so now. I thought that this firmware would have the extra functionality, but nope. It may be in a December version of the firmware where it gets enabled... But unfortunately, no way to tell since their official site doesn't have any sort of support page for any of their devices.

Pretty much unusable for actual FPV flying -- haven't measured the actual latency, but it's at least a half a second. Best bet is to get a transmitter and hook into the HDMI out. I plan on doing this soon enough.

Could you link us to the firmware? We should archive these so other users have an easier time finding them.

I wish they would open source the code.

Edit: Found it. Here's the link bang good provides for the latest firmware:

https://mega.nz/#!TFhSiboa!e1bivAbaS...kpqB1ne-l5sfsc
What size MicroSD card you using?
Jan 05, 2016, 01:23 AM
Quote:
What size MicroSD card you using?
64GB.
Jan 05, 2016, 09:37 AM
aka MicroModDude
Thread OP
Quote:
64GB.
Try a 32gb card. 64gb has lots of issues.
Jan 05, 2016, 03:30 PM
Just got to test mine outside, in the snow and sun. Firmware 151204.. Still over sharpened. Makes everything look surreal. Argh. This is an awesome cam.. Except for that.
Jan 05, 2016, 09:25 PM
aka MicroModDude
Thread OP
Quote:
Just got to test mine outside, in the snow and sun. Firmware 151204.. Still over sharpened. Makes everything look surreal. Argh. This is an awesome cam.. Except for that.
I liked the sharpening. Maybe with software you can unsharpen it a bit.

I tried image stabilization on Sony Vegas Pro 13 and it works good. Don't have video to post yet through as it was a quick test.

Quick Reply