Dec 31, 2015, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How to charge spektrum Spektrum 4.8V NiMH Battery with Turnigy Accucell 6

i would like to charge NiMH battery (Spektrum 2000mAh 4.8V NiMH Transmitter Battery ) with my Turnigy Accucell 6 charger.. the battery has only 2 wire connector..
thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2015, 12:07 PM
Leave the battery in the radio, build an adapter and set your charger to charge a NiMH
Dec 31, 2015, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
thanks for the answer,
i know that i can charge it using the radio, but i don't have the power adapter for the radio..

by the way, what is the right voltage/amp for the adapter that can i use for my spektrum dx7s radio?

thank you.
Dec 31, 2015, 01:16 PM
I think I just want to fly
Oops. My mistake
Last edited by Rhea; Dec 31, 2015 at 03:42 PM.
Dec 31, 2015, 01:57 PM
Suspended Account
Get the correct micro losi plug Male.. make a cord to connect to ur charger .set it for Nimh and .15 amp 4 cell or auto and charge it
Dec 31, 2015, 02:29 PM
Thread OP
Thanks losi man,
should i connect it to the banana connector right?
Jan 01, 2016, 08:58 AM
What Spektrum radio?
Most of the newer Spek radios have the charge circuitry built into the radio and you can't use a charger without remoning the battery to use your charger. The wall wart is just a 12V power source for these radios
Pete.
Jan 01, 2016, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2
What Spektrum radio?
Most of the newer Spek radios have the charge circuitry built into the radio and you can't use a charger without remoning the battery to use your charger. The wall wart is just a 12V power source for these radios
Pete.
Spot on,you can do some damage,best you do some homework first.Older Spek radios are also reverse polarity if charging through the radio charge jack.
Jan 01, 2016, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
i know about the 12 v but what about the Amp?? i saw somewhere that is 150mA!!
all the chargers i got deliver 1 Amp to 2 Amp, and i am sue its not a good idea to use one of them..
Jan 01, 2016, 11:53 AM
No you will KILL your NiMH if you charge it (presuming 1500mAh capacity) at more the 150 mA. This is not a lipo, can't charge it like one
Jan 01, 2016, 12:11 PM
The amperage of the power supply won't matter if it's greater as the charging circuit within the radio will only draw what it requires to operate.Same as a power supply would work for your Acucell.I would think you could use the PS from your charger as it's 12v,but you'll need to figure out polarity as I'm not familiar with the new Spek radios.My Trannis radio is similar with an internal circuit and uses a PS rated @ 13volts 0.5 amps,on a 6 cell nimh pack.I would suggest to go over to radio forum and those guys will tell you exactly what the required PS is.
Jan 01, 2016, 12:16 PM
If your radio is one of the newer Spek radios that have the charing circuitry built in, the charge rate is determined by the charger circuitry. As long as the wall wart power supply puts out 12Vdc it's fine. The Amp rating on a power supply tells you how much current it can deliver if the load calls for it. Power supplies don't push out Amps, the load draws the current, the power supply only delivers what the load calls for.
Spek sells an accessory charge cord for those newer radios that allows you to charge directly from a ciggy lighter accessory socket in your car. The charge plug on those newer radios is not interchangeable with older legacy radios such as the old DX7 with 8 Nimh cells.
Pete
Jan 06, 2016, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
i called horizonhobby, they said the radio was tested with 12v and 0.5amp and that what we should use.

thank you all.
Last edited by gramicci; Jan 06, 2016 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply