Dec 29, 2015, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Great Planes Tiporare kit instructions

Hello,
Anyone have instructions for a GP Tipo kit?

Thanks
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2015, 02:09 PM
AMA 73386
21 pages. I even have a color catalog that came with it. I cant do it right now but if you can wait a bit I can scan up the 21 pager into a pdf.
Jan 02, 2016, 10:30 PM
Thread OP
Thank you so much!!!
Jan 06, 2016, 12:58 PM
AMA 73386
its 15mb so I need to email it to you
Jan 09, 2016, 06:45 PM
AMA 73386
Steve you still alive? Need your email
Jan 09, 2016, 09:16 PM
AMA 73386

Last edited by jzanutto; Jan 09, 2016 at 09:25 PM.
Apr 16, 2017, 08:43 AM
Hi Jan,

I have a built kit, now, from a friend and I need a manual to convert it to electric power. Do you still have the PDF file? Could you E-mail it to me? Thanks so much if you do.

Regards,

Randy
Apr 16, 2017, 09:03 AM
DavidsPlanes
Randy,

IMO, the manual won't assist you much in an electric conversion. I have considered what would be the best way to do so with a glass fuse and concluded that cutting the nose clear off at the FW front would be the way to go. You'd then use this cowl as a template to produce a lite ply ring backplate which would be used to mount the cowl back on to the FW either with magnets or with screws.

The motor would be simply installed with the required standoffs to place the drive washer at the correct distance. Note that if built properly, the FW should have the right and downthrust required which is built into the nose ring.

As for battery swaps, it's a matter of seeing where they'd need to be installed through a CG excercise. Locate the 6s LiPo probably somewhere on the wing with the model balanced upside down so you can determine where you need to produce a hatch out of the top. Once determined, you'd cut a piece out of the top probably down to the "datum" line (tuck line of the fuse) square and inset a pair of lite ply formers to support the fuse on either side as well as some balsa tristock and 1/32" ply caps at the hatch/fuse junction. Likewise on the glass hatch. Some CF pegs could be used for alignment along with a quartet of magnets (or a latch) to keep the hatch in place and access the interior for battery swaps. Naturally, if the radio/servos have already been installed, you'll have to take that into account. I suspect that the battery likely has to ride split 50/50 about the wing LE area so roughly at the heighest point of the canopy.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

David
Apr 16, 2017, 09:14 AM
Hi David,

Is the fuselage made out of Polyester Resin? If so, which adhesive is best for formers and supports to be added inside? Thanks,

Randy
Apr 16, 2017, 09:25 AM
DavidsPlanes
Randy,

See your thread.

David
Apr 16, 2017, 11:17 AM
Cool, thanks.
Apr 22, 2017, 04:06 PM
Hello guys, I would like to find the manual & building instructions. Do any of you possibly have them? Thanks a lot.
Apr 22, 2017, 05:15 PM
If you have any questions, please PM me. I just finished restoring one and know the plane inside and out. -ken
Aug 23, 2019, 09:53 PM
i have the GP kit but misplaced the manual....can someone pleasse emailit to me [email protected] p.s. i do have the plans...one sheet right....istarted it it in 2010 and put it away

Quick Reply