ARUni, AR Universal board - Page 93 - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 02:05 PM
Waiting is too long... I am finally going on a second hand Taranis QX7 for which I am sure to have a full OpenTx support for built-in RTC, rotary encoder and module/Rx update.
Good luck to all.
Vianney
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 05:32 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Ersky9x also runs on the QX7 and supports all that plus some other hardware.. For example I think it is possible to add 2?? extra switches.. And probably some other stuff... Mike knows better than me

Joćo
Nov 10, 2017, 05:15 PM
I still waiting for it. But i hope, latest Santa could put me below the tree one pair of set.
Nov 26, 2017, 04:09 PM
as we all patiently wait for another run of this board. i am curious if there will any changes to the layout of this board. as a part of my current radio project i created an IO board to simplify my build. the board has navigation buttons for the aruni as well as the trims. currently i still have to wire the my board to the aruni i have sitting under it. it would be nice to have the aruni stack and connect directly to my IO. but i want to hold off on redoing my board if the aruni is going to see changes in the near future.
Dec 05, 2017, 02:28 AM
Quietly Scheming!!!
Hi, im in the middle of my own DIY transmitter, and the ARUni Board looks like it will fit my purpose, but I have some questions:
  1. Is it still available?
  2. Can it be operated without the Screen, directional pad, and menu buttons?
  3. Can it be configured through the windows software?
  4. Does it do SBUS output? If so, can it do a simultaneous PPM output?
  5. Is there scope for the board to grow to say 10 digital and 8 Analog inputs?

I've attached a pic of my build.
Dec 06, 2017, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekness
Hi, im in the middle of my own DIY transmitter, and the ARUni Board looks like it will fit my purpose, but I have some questions:
  1. Is it still available?
  2. Can it be operated without the Screen, directional pad, and menu buttons?
  3. Can it be configured through the windows software?
  4. Does it do SBUS output? If so, can it do a simultaneous PPM output?
  5. Is there scope for the board to grow to say 10 digital and 8 Analog inputs?

I've attached a pic of my build.
ok you win!

it can be used without a screen if you dont need the ability to switch models on the fly. but you will need a screen and buttons for the initial calibration. you can configure it through windows. thats all i know for sure
Dec 06, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quietly Scheming!!!
Thanks driftology.
Just need to know if it can do simultaneous ppm+SBUS? I guess that's more of a firmware question, not a hardware question.
Dec 06, 2017, 07:58 PM
If you use an external inverter, then SBus should be no problem at all. It may still be no problem even without that, but I'm not sure there. And two outputs is there.
Dec 07, 2017, 04:24 AM
Where do you want the radio to output the SBUS? On the trainer output?
I am just trying to understand what you want to do..

Normally what outputs SBUS is the receiver not the transmitter. For example, If you want an SBUS signal at your flight controller's input, you nead RECEIVER that is capable of SBUS. In this case the transmitter has nothing to do with it.

Joćo
Dec 07, 2017, 06:34 AM
Quietly Scheming!!!
I'm using a DTFUHF 1W transmitter to send the sbus to its receiver.
Dec 07, 2017, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekness
I'm using a DTFUHF 1W transmitter to send the sbus to its receiver.
those usually take ppm for input and the receiver will output sbus to your flight controller. so i guess the answer is yes. the aruni board has 2 internal ppm outputs as well as a trainer port
Dec 07, 2017, 12:03 PM
All this is only valid if the board will ever be available again.. No answer whatsoever from JK

Joćo
Dec 07, 2017, 12:31 PM
Cheese eating monkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
All this is only valid if the board will ever be available again.. No answer whatsoever from JK

Joćo
It seems some form of open hardware. Can't somebody else with a bit of knowledge do another run?

Before anybody asks, I am not volunteering as I wouldn't know how to do it!
Dec 07, 2017, 01:27 PM
Submarines, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoramix
It seems some form of open hardware. Can't somebody else with a bit of knowledge do another run?

Before anybody asks, I am not volunteering as I wouldn't know how to do it!
there is a second possibility as well.... add additional board types to the source code for ersky9x... there are dozens of generic stm32 "development" boards available on ebay from dozens of sellers that have as much or more power and expandability than the ARUni board.
Dec 07, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenecal
there are dozens of generic stm32 "development" boards available on ebay from dozens of sellers that have as much or more power and expandability than the ARUni board.
There might be, but the ArUni has all the other stuff needed for a radio already. If you use a development board, and start adding all the needed bits and pieces, it will start getting quite big.. Of course it is an idea if nothing else comes up in the future, whether is the ArUni or some other project..

Joćo