How about a "History of Electric Flight" section for EzoneMag - RC Groups
Jul 27, 2004, 03:52 PM

How about a "History of Electric Flight" section for EzoneMag

Now that E-Flight has "come of age" (okay, too mushy a term), and RCGroups/Ezone being the premier E-flight website ... how about a nice historical look back at Electric Powered R/C planes? This would include stuff like:

* Timeline - including:
- which battery tech was introduced when?
- what cells being used (eg, when were SCR or KR's popular, LiPo, etc)
- Motors (when did the first commerical brushlesss appear? When did all the popular motors/ESC/etc and related companies started?)
- Accy's - intelligent chargers? First APC 'E' prop?

* Scans of old ads, early plans, etc

* Database of the relevant items.

* Not directly related, but I'd like to see a similar info site for Radio systems/sets/etc ...

Not only will it make good trivial reading, it'll be a good start in archiving the hobby. eg, this is a nice short history of E-Flight: http://www.iroquois.free-online.co.uk/hist.htm which leaves me wanting more!

PS - anyone knows if AMA has a seperate E-Flight historical collection, or is it just burried along with the IC stuff?
Last edited by Peter Khor; Jul 27, 2004 at 03:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2004, 04:39 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Good idea - it get's my vote.

Going through old articles can be quite entertaining, and somewhat sobering now that we take our brushless and vertical for granted.

Matthew

Quick Reply